{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Andy Cook

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Andy Cook

Postby Dan » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:16 am

Spiritater wrote:Utter dog crap today. Did sod all all game

I would've taken him off either half time or in the 2nd half and given Jimmy a go, they wouldn't have much footage on him so wouldn't have known what to expect.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:26 am

It’s astonishingly bad he is.

Odd that our abysmal and indisciplined management setup would allow for this to happen.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby kyle b » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:31 am

Andy cook as always scored goals wherever he’s been. Then comes here and is doing nothing. These big rumours I’ve heard about him and Maynard wanting out in January could have more truth in them than I thought
kyle b
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby tuopolfpilf » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:15 am

Stats say hes a very good Non League striker 1 in 2 and a decent record of 1 in 3 Football League ratio and at 30 unlikely to improve
Is it down to service, or does the Maynard Cook partnership work? Would a Rose Cook partnership be any better?
Or is it simply the Rose Maynard partnership is better.
tuopolfpilf
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:29 pm

Dan wrote:
Spiritater wrote:Utter dog crap today. Did sod all all game

I would've taken him off either half time or in the 2nd half and given Jimmy a go, they wouldn't have much footage on him so wouldn't have known what to expect.

A ponderous lummox throughout his tenure here.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:30 pm

I was encouraged by Andy Cook's 2nd half performance at Swindon but he was very poor today. In fact, I started thinking about Matt Rhead because on my last visit to Shrewsbury 5 years ago Matt Rhead had to be subbed after 30 minute because Jamie McGuire had stupidly got himself sent off after being wound up by Liam Lawrence.

I was thinking that Matt Rhead:
a) won more long balls forward in the air than Andy Cook;
b) held the ball up better than Andy Cook; and
c) had a better touch and laid the ball off better than Andy Cook.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:54 pm

As I said Darren, Cook is a poor man's Matt Rhead
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:18 pm

Vadaine Oliver and Ollie Palmer have scored in the FA Cup today. Are they better target men than Andy Cook?
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:23 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Vadaine Oliver and Ollie Palmer have scored in the FA Cup today. Are they better target men than Andy Cook?

vadaine Oliver has scored about 10 goals in 10 years :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:06 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Vadaine Oliver and Ollie Palmer have scored in the FA Cup today. Are they better target men than Andy Cook?

Andy Cook's goal record speaks for his ability and what he is capable of. Dempster simply isn't getting enough out of this group of players. This whole 'players have to take responsibility' stuff does not wash with me. Our squad, whether it's as good as we thought or not, is better than what it is currently showing.

Don't kid yourselves into thinking the FULL responsibility is not with the manager.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Spiritater » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:16 pm

The players don't care. You only have to have watched yesterdays shambles to see it.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:20 pm

Spiritater wrote:The players don't care. You only have to have watched yesterdays shambles to see it.

They have not played for JD for weeks mate
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:24 pm

WVStag wrote:

Andy Cook's goal record speaks for his ability and what he is capable of. Dempster simply isn't getting enough out of this group of players. This whole 'players have to take responsibility' stuff does not wash with me. Our squad, whether it's as good as we thought or not, is better than what it is currently showing.

Don't kid yourselves into thinking the FULL responsibility is not with the manager.

Your vilification of dempster is never ending WV ,its bordering on obsessional
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:30 pm

Then they should clear off. We pay their wages. To not try and give everything for the fans is reprehensible David
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:33 pm

spanishstag wrote:
WVStag wrote:

Bit like you with me and my comments then chap.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby spanishstag » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:44 pm

WVStag wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
WVStag wrote:

No mine aren,t vilifying
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:49 pm

spanishstag wrote:
WVStag wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
WVStag wrote:

No mine aren,t vilifying

Definitely obsessional, however.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:37 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:Vadaine Oliver has scored about 10 goals in 10 years :lol:

I know Bobby but I would have happily brought him on as a sub for Andy Cook yesterday. :lol:

He's actually scored 44 league goals and 54 in total. Andy Cook has scored 136 league goals and 142 in total.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:52 pm

kyle b wrote:Andy cook as always scored goals wherever he’s been. Then comes here and is doing nothing. These big rumours I’ve heard about him and Maynard wanting out in January could have more truth in them than I thought

Fingers crossed
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby DazMondo » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:44 pm

Cook didn't want to come here.
He wanted to go to Solihull Moors apparently
Why do the two football teams I support always let me down.
DazMondo
Youth Team
Youth Team

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum