{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Dempster post match & BBC highlights

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Dempster post match & BBC highlights

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:59 pm

I think it's harsh blaming Conrad for the second goal. He clawed one off the line in the first half. We certainly did not lose because of Conrad. We had already blown it by allowing 10 man Shrewsbury to score that first goal and by not requiring their keeper to make a save all game.
Last edited by Tippy Tappy Football on Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:03 pm

bigalstag wrote:Logan for there second goal. So slow coming off the line if you look closely you can see a snail overtake him.

Every highlight is damning. Poor keeping in the first clip. Why on earth was that a red card? Shocking defending for both goals.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:17 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
bigalstag wrote:Logan for there second goal. So slow coming off the line if you look closely you can see a snail overtake him.

Every highlight is damning. Poor keeping in the first clip. Why on earth was that a red card? Shocking defending for both goals.

Player back tracking wasn't even looking at the ball/player after he rounded Logan.......

Dempster talks about players not good enough he's the one not good enough
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:25 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Jacob Mellis was below average today and had a very strange game. His did not seem to have his head in the right place. In the first half he was looking to make some good passes but dwelt on the ball a few times and got caught in possession. He was clearly getting very frustrated and when we had a free kick on the edge of the Shrewsbury area he turned round to start remonstrating with Conrad Logan who had screamed "Move the ball!" at him. He seemed more bothered about what Conrad was saying than the free kick. Krystian Pearce had to come over to calm him down. To be fair to him, he kept wanting the ball but every good pass was followed by a bad one. In the 2nd half, he started to get in a bit of argy bargy with Ollie Norburn and caught him on the edge of our area but the ref played on. Norburn then started complaining vociferously to the referee and Mellis was clearly trying to wind Norburn up. I've just looked at the brief highlights and I'm not sure if Mellis swings an arm round at Norburn before Norburn then swings back and blasts a ball at him in the face. I would have subbed him in the 2nd half along with Andy Cook who was not holding the ball up or keeping possession of the ball at all. Andy Cook spent most of the afternoon complaining he had been fouled by Shrewsbury defenders when there looked nothing wrong.

He has not lost the dressing room, he never had their support imo
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby up north » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:10 pm

I just listened to the manager. Not making any excuses. Saying it as it is.

Tin Hat on as I am a newbie on here and dont know any history regarding his credentials.

But my opinion is at least he is being honest and not trying to deflect.

I dont know whether he is tactically a genius or not got a clue. I dont even know if the players are letting him down etc.

But its certainly refreshing for him to take the blame whilst others I would imagine are hiding behind him. JMHO on an interview not on witnessing his team play.
up north
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:14 pm

up north wrote:I just listened to the manager. Not making any excuses. Saying it as it is.

Tin Hat on as I am a newbie on here and dont know any history regarding his credentials.

I dont know whether he is tactically a genius or not got a clue. I dont even know if the players are letting him down etc.

But its certainly refreshing for him to take the blame whilst others I would imagine are hiding behind him. JMHO on an interview not on witnessing his team play.

The problem is pal, that’s about the 12th time this season he’s had to take the responsibility and go back to the training ground on Monday. He’s not capable.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:15 pm

up north wrote:I just listened to the manager. Not making any excuses. Saying it as it is.

Honestly UN, the novelty wears off when you’ve heard it 10 times before December :lol:
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:16 pm

Definitely not a tactical genius
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby up north » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:18 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:

The problem is pal, that’s about the 12th time this season he’s had to take the responsibility and go back to the training ground on Monday. He’s not capable.

I see, are the players not stepping up for him or is it his tactics that are letting the club down?

In other words is he not getting the best out of the players by his decisions or are the players not giving him their best regards work rate/attitude. If it is the latter then its time the captain demanded answers of his fellow pros.
up north
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby adamstag » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:43 pm

There’s no point in listening to dismal dumpster as it’s the same crap week in week out, same statements, same tactics, same raspberries.

GO
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:44 pm

I liked the section in the highlights where we were attacking and had a shot...
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Bradders » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:09 am

Dempster was pretty much resigning in that interview, so I'll be surprised if the chairman insists on him continuing.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Chris M » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:55 am

Let's face it, the season is over now. Cannot ever remember a time when I had so little interest in attending matches. Apathy is all I see until the board finally admit their mistake and put JD out of his misery. Only saving grace is there is just one relegation place this season.
Chris M
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:58 am

Just watched it and there’s no doubt he’s done. He’s a broken man , he’s a nice guy and it’s not easy viewing but his acceptance of failure is obvious. Hope he stays at the club because he deserves that but I’m sorry to say as manager he is done.
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby yaxhamstag » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:30 am

I have to see I feel a bit sorry for JD. it doesn’t change my mind that we need a change, but it’s clear that a line has been crossed. He’s had enough of defending the players and I don’t blame him, but once you disown the players, there’s no way back. Fair play to Stevo as well, asked some harder questions than normal....I wonder whether JD teed him up to ask the harder questions so that he could get his true thoughts out in the open.

New manager needed and a few changes to the squad. However, I still think that we have a good squad and just needs a freshen up.
A careful man tries to dodge the bullets, while a happy man takes a walk
yaxhamstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby up north » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:09 am

CassellsCap wrote:Just watched it and there’s no doubt he’s done. He’s a broken man , he’s a nice guy and it’s not easy viewing but his acceptance of failure is obvious. Hope he stays at the club because he deserves that but I’m sorry to say as manager he is done.

Has the captain been hiding, has he supported the manager. I have watched many a manager come and go at various clubs. Some due to inept management. But more often than not due to the players downing tools. During this time I look at the captain. I always ask is the captain doing his 100% to keep the team fighting for the shirt and manager? If not then I equally blame him. If he is doing his job and has respect in the dressing room also, then I start to look at individuals that are not worthy.

Players more than often get managers the sack. Players must respect the manager and always fear their place in the team. As soon as the players know the fear factor on their part has gone then the manager is finished.

My local club have climbed the leagues. The manager is near unsackable as his dad is the chairman. ;-) So when players don't perform they know its either the bench or the door. Obviously going full time has also helped.

If the dressing room has gone completely then in my experience the best thing to do us call it a day. I must say I always feel let down if the players have taken advantage of the situation and only doing the basics. Shame on them if thats the case. On the other hand if the manager is clueless then it is hard to fight for something that is worthless just to counter argue my point.
up north
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby spanishstag » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:22 am

Just watched it ,seems to me that he has all but conceded he is finished
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:27 am

The captain was substituted yesterday.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby tuopolfpilf » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:28 am

I don't blame John Dempster one bit for taking the job, if anyone on this board got a call we would all have a go , opinions are we ALL know his mistakes so would do better , but in reality , if I was Manager we would probably be relegated already .
I think he should do the honourable thing and resign with the agreement of Radford and the board , he can stay at the club, if he desires in some capacity
tuopolfpilf
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:28 am

To a man, none of the outfield players gave 100%, in my opinion.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:34 am

BH_Stag wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:[tweet][tweet] I[/tweet][/tweet]We've been calling for Mellis to start, today showed why JD doesn't want to start him.
Poor on the ball and their midfield running by him at will, dismal performance

Even when we play Bishop/Macca/Tomlinson in there the opposition breeze past them even though that’s the side of the game they’re supposed to be good at.

The midfield needs a complete overhaul.

This has been the case for a few seasons. Good midfielders seem to be hard to come by for Mansfield Town, we had a good year with Bish, largely fighting alone, last season. This season he is as inconsistent as the rest.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:05 am

Tend to agree somewhat with up north’s post , the players simply are having a easy ride under JD there’s no commitment whatsoever from certain individuals . We need a strong no nonsense old head as JD successor could you see the likes of Warnock /Pulis putting up with this teams inept performance not a chance ‘ we as fans want players running through brick walls for the shirt and giving 100% every time they step across that line .
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:58 pm

Son Of Sherwood wrote:

Just listened to this. Tantamount to resignation.

Be kind on the poor man JR and put him out his misery.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:08 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:
Son Of Sherwood wrote:

Just listened to this. Tantamount to resignation.

Be kind on the poor man JR and put him out his misery.

He’s certainly emphasising that this bunch of players are not playing for him.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby gavinbrookes » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:29 pm

That interview was tough to watch. Unfortunately JD hasn't got the answers and I'd be shocked to see him in charge for the next game.
gavinbrookes
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum