{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stagsnet report

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Stagsnet report

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:36 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby PEAR CIDER » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:01 pm

Shock... didnt make his subs again... beyond a joke now
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:24 pm

Chander Lear wrote:Shock... didnt make his subs again... beyond a joke now

He did but far too late as usual, then it was just the scatter gun approach and hope for the best.
He's good at clapping to encourage rather than any tactical chats with the players in the breaks in play
Last edited by Parkinsons Perm on Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:09 pm

Amen, to your last sentence.Can't have much longer if you believe that, as your one of the most patient supporters on here!
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby chip63 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:41 pm

Very honest report and views on our current situation.
I don’t have a clue who would replace him. I just really don’t want Evans. I disliked him when he was here but supported him.
December games are massive and very hard.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:00 pm

You could replace the goon with anybody with a brain cell and do better. Get him gone now!!! He’s raspberrying useless fgs.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:40 am

You can hear Martin's frustration coming through in that report despite his laudable policy of generally supporting the manager and giving him the benefit of any doubt. Speaks volumes.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:45 am

Love how he made his subs after we went 1-0 down. Against 10 men.

Yet we were doing just fine against 11 men yet dumpster managed to concede 2 to 10 men.

He should be sacked at the soonest possible opportunity
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:20 am

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Spiritater » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:25 am

adamstag wrote:Love how he made his subs after we went 1-0 down. Against 10 men.

Yet we were doing just fine against 11 men yet dumpster's pathetic players managed to concede 2 to 10 men.

He should be sacked at the soonest possible opportunity

Altered that slightly as that is what it should say. Even leaving the same 11 out there and not making a sub our players(use that term lightly) should have gone on to dominate possession and create a meaningful opportunity or two. As I said before it was as though at the point of the dismissal someone flicked a switch in their brains to not challenge the 2nd ball, not chase lost causes, not close down, not be clever and use the extra man.
It was pathetic stuff.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Wilfred » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:30 am

Bradders wrote:You can hear Martin's frustration coming through in that report despite his laudable policy of generally supporting the manager and giving him the benefit of any doubt. Speaks volumes.

Martin must be hurting, Bradders. I know I am. I've supported The Stags for many decades and will continue to do so. Just like the hard core of loyal fans. I'm not one for making destructive comments but the frustration opined on here and social media is quite palpable. Some things seem very wrong at the One Call, both on and off the pitch, and need addressing. If they're not then the hard won extra fans will start drifting away and will be difficult to win back. I want the best for Mansfield Town FC. So do the fans. It's time for big decisions to be made. An that time is now.
Pessimists are never disappointed.
Wilfred
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:03 am

Mellis didn't get near Norburn he was running the game.When he went off I expected us to win.Poor crosses into their box.Hope Hayden is soon fit as Gordon is hopeless.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum