{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

9 points adrift - season over?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: 9 points adrift - season over?

Postby Dan » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:41 pm

WVStag wrote:
Dan wrote:
WVStag wrote:
Dan wrote:Spot on Andy. At the end of the day the team were booed off after a WIN. The rest of it is immaterial. The job was done. How it was done is irrelevant.

The rest is NOT immaterial, far from it and how it was done is certainly relevant. To suggest otherwise points to clear lack of comprehension for perspective in football. Examining a result in isolation and disregarding the context around it is not the smartest thing to do.

Really? Let’s use Musings example above your post. He said Blackburn got booed off on Saturday having beaten Barnsley 3-2. Whether that’s true or not I don’t know. But this is what Tony Mowbray said afterwards: "It was all about getting three points. That's what we talked about, not about performance levels, but just trying to get three points. I think it was a really dangerous game for us”.

So there you go. I’d rather believe someone of Tony Mowbray’s experience in the game than a fan of a League Two Club with no experience in the professional game. ;)

Didn't expect that of you Dan, to use cliched, managerial soundbites like 'it's 3 points and that's all that matters' in attempting to prove your wrong opinion right :roll:

Also, do I not have experience in the professional game?

Come on then Jose let’s hear about your vast experience. Be careful not to sound like Sedgwick though :) ;) :D
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:53 pm

Dan wrote:
WVStag wrote:
Dan wrote:
WVStag wrote:
Dan wrote:Spot on Andy. At the end of the day the team were booed off after a WIN. The rest of it is immaterial. The job was done. How it was done is irrelevant.

The rest is NOT immaterial, far from it and how it was done is certainly relevant. To suggest otherwise points to clear lack of comprehension for perspective in football. Examining a result in isolation and disregarding the context around it is not the smartest thing to do.

Really? Let’s use Musings example above your post. He said Blackburn got booed off on Saturday having beaten Barnsley 3-2. Whether that’s true or not I don’t know. But this is what Tony Mowbray said afterwards: "It was all about getting three points. That's what we talked about, not about performance levels, but just trying to get three points. I think it was a really dangerous game for us”.

So there you go. I’d rather believe someone of Tony Mowbray’s experience in the game than a fan of a League Two Club with no experience in the professional game. ;)

Didn't expect that of you Dan, to use cliched, managerial soundbites like 'it's 3 points and that's all that matters' in attempting to prove your wrong opinion right :roll:

Also, do I not have experience in the professional game?

Come on then Jose let’s hear about your vast experience. Be careful not to sound like Sedgwick though :) ;) :D

Opinions are what they are. They cannot be wrong (or right). The freedom we all enjoy allows us to agree, disagree, or ignore other people’s opinions. Sadly, some people feel the need embellish their views with unnecessary nastiness.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:38 pm

Of course an opinion can be right or wrong. If I offer my opinion that Mansfield will win on Saturday, after Saturday that will either be right or wrong.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:30 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Of course an opinion can be right or wrong. If I offer my opinion that Mansfield will win on Saturday, after Saturday that will either be right or wrong.

Delete this post Musings. Some of them aren't ready to hear that yet.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby NorthLondonStag » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:52 pm

WVStag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Of course an opinion can be right or wrong. If I offer my opinion that Mansfield will win on Saturday, after Saturday that will either be right or wrong.

I’m all for offering opinions and an exchange of views but this ain’t right. Some opinions are demonstrably wrong. For instance - I can run faster than Usain Bolt; I am a better footballer than Messi; I can juggle with 6 balls at once.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby adamstag » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:42 pm

The main issue is that HE IS STILL HERE :(
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:13 pm

adamstag wrote:The main issue is that HE IS STILL HERE :(

Obviously not the main issue to our owners
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:54 pm

spanishstag wrote:

Obviously not the main issue to our owners

Clearly not.

Only themselves to blame
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby young vanish » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:43 pm

You mean WVStag? Unfortunately yes he is.
⚽ What ☆ me ☆ worry? ⚽
young vanish
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby arsene wengers coat » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:30 am

NorthLondonStag wrote:
WVStag wrote:

I’m all for offering opinions and an exchange of views but this ain’t right. Some opinions are demonstrably wrong. For instance - I can run faster than Usain Bolt; I am a better footballer than Messi; I can juggle with 6 balls at once.

Quite a black and white view of the world...

In my opinion Tomato Ketchup is disgusting, however, other people love the stuff. Neither opinion is right or wrong.

However in my opinion DF was a good manager. Others disagree. In this instance you'd use facts to substantiate.

An opinion on who you think will win a game can be proven right or wrong is more of a prediction that can be determined.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:23 am

young vanish wrote:

You mean WVStag? Unfortunately yes he is.

You're definitely mates with spanishstag aren't you.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby yorkshire stag » Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:57 am

it’s got to the point now where the owners are not taking action & the fans are fed up of watching his negative boring teams lose, therefore sadly we have a split club, a % will now vote with their feet.
what a complete waste of a season this has turned out to be
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:40 am

I hope we don't fluke win and draw Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Loooooun or some other massive club home or away in nxt round of t'Cup then. What would the ones walking away do then?
Yeah, yeah, they'll come on here saying, 'of course i wouldn't go' but the fact is if we were at Anfield we'd sell out our allocation and they'd rob, beg, steal or borrow to be there. You n all Yorkie.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:49 am

Spiritater wrote:I hope we don't fluke win and draw Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Loooooun or some other massive club home or away in nxt round of t'Cup then. What would the ones walking away do then?
Yeah, yeah, they'll come on here saying, 'of course i wouldn't go' but the fact is if we were at Anfield we'd sell out our allocation and they'd rob, beg, steal or borrow to be there. You n all Yorkie.

Just imagine we fluke won, drew Liverpool, went on a 12 game winning streak.......that will never happen !!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:15 am

We know that close cup losses to higher league opposition can lead to improved performances when returning to league matches from our conference run.

If you need any further evidence, just look at Chorely's results since they nearly got a draw here. Is it a confidence boost that does it and if so shows how important confidence is to a team. Maybe we should clap more.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:02 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:We know that close cup losses to higher league opposition can lead to improved performances when returning to league matches from our conference run.

If you need any further evidence, just look at Chorely's results since they nearly got a draw here. Is it a confidence boost that does it and if so shows how important confidence is to a team. Maybe we should clap more.

In a simplistic way clapping all the time would be marvellous.

When you’ve gained 8 points from 9 home games playing easily the worst football at field mill since back in the league it becomes more challenging. The same applied to the Chorley game where there was an attempt at first before the crowd slowly slumbered into a daze of boredom.

It’s a 2 way street, the fans need something to latch onto, something to enjoy. Quite obviously great football can’t be supplied at every game - but it would be nice just once in a while.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:10 pm

Spiritater wrote:I hope we don't fluke win and draw Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Loooooun or some other massive club home or away in nxt round of t'Cup then. What would the ones walking away do then?

i’ll be there Spiro through thick and thin you know that, however I have to say you are the eternal optimist and I Salute you for that mate
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:52 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:We know that close cup losses to higher league opposition can lead to improved performances when returning to league matches from our conference run.

Chorley we’re playing quite well previously to playing us I think. I’m sure they drew 4 or 5 on the bounce. Agree they’ve started winning since. Just shows.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Re: 9 points adrift (NOW 10) - season over?

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:55 pm

Now 10 points adrift of the playoffs as well.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby wardy12345 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:11 pm

Looks like 27 friendly between now and next season.
wardy12345
First Team
First Team

Postby Spiritater » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:47 pm

wardy12345 wrote:Looks like 27 friendly between now and next season.

I'd be happy if it were, but I'm sure this shower can somehow contrive to give squeaky bums around the relegation zone
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum