{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

New Manager?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: New Manager?

Postby gazza1988 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:22 pm

daddycool wrote:Cannot think of a Mansfield ex player that has been a success managing here

Stuart Watkiss?

Strictly speaking he counts.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Alwaysa5tag » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:46 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:
Alwaysa5tag wrote:Heard a strong rumour from a reliable source that the Radfords have had discussions with regards to Chris Coleman becoming the next manager, this is only 2nd hand info but as I say, it's a reliable source.

Watch this space....

So I presume this didn't happen then?

Only a rumour as I stated, now hearing that Nathan Jones will be in next few days, JD gone tomorrow, didn't take team training today and Danny Hylton to follow in January.
Alwaysa5tag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby lifestags » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:53 pm

Alwaysa5tag wrote:
Alwaysa5tag wrote:Heard a strong rumour from a reliable source that the Radfords have had discussions with regards to Chris Coleman becoming the next manager, this is only 2nd hand info but as I say, it's a reliable source.

Watch this space....

Only a rumour as I stated, now hearing that Nathan Jones will be in next few days, JD gone tomorrow, didn't take team training today and Danny Hylton to follow in January.

And Luke Beckett?
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby Kenwood » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:59 pm

Alwaysa5tag wrote:

Watch this space....

Do they train on Mondays I thought that was players day off especially after traveling Friday?
Kenwood
First Team
First Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:01 pm

Think Wednesdays and Sunday’s are the usual days off.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Alwaysa5tag » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:01 pm

Kenwood wrote:
Alwaysa5tag wrote:

Watch this space....

Do they train on Mondays I thought that was players day off especially after traveling Friday?

No idea, I only state what I hear.
Alwaysa5tag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:01 pm

Alwaysa5tag wrote:

Watch this space....

Hylton will really fit in with Maynard, Cook, Rose, Davies, Graham and Knowles :D
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:02 pm

Kenwood wrote:
Alwaysa5tag wrote:

Watch this space....

I think Wesnesday is day off
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:04 pm

Alwaysa5tag wrote:

Watch this space....

Yorkies just wet himself
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:19 pm

Wowsers trousers, Always. I do hope you're right.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:31 pm

The One wrote:
Alwaysa5tag wrote:

Watch this space....

Yorkies just wet himself

Finally the board have woke up & are smelling the deep aroma of coffee......

Jones or Tisdale straight shoot out who would you want?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby natfromboza » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:17 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
The One wrote:
Alwaysa5tag wrote:

Watch this space....

Yorkies just wet himself

Finally the board have woke up & are smelling the deep aroma of coffee......

Jones or Tisdale straight shoot out who would you want?

For me Jones 100%.
natfromboza
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:18 pm

We won’t be getting Jones, don’t torture yourselves.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:19 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:We won’t be getting Jones, don’t torture yourselves.

We’ve been tortured all season so I’m sure a little more won’t make a difference
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:24 pm

adamstag wrote:

We’ve been tortured all season so I’m sure a little more won’t make a difference

:lol: true. I’m just trying to save you from more disappointment.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:41 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
adamstag wrote:

:lol: true. I’m just trying to save you from more disappointment.

But clutching at straws can strengthen your grip !!
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Jamie » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:53 am

gazza1988 wrote:
daddycool wrote:Cannot think of a Mansfield ex player that has been a success managing here

Stuart Watkiss?

Limped us over the line with a side that played the best football many of us have seen. Made a right mess of our L1/D3 campaign, was rightly sacked and never managed a professional team again... yeah great success.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:28 am

Jamie wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:

Stuart Watkiss?

Limped us over the line with a side that played the best football many of us have seen. Made a right mess of our L1/D3 campaign, was rightly sacked and never managed a professional team again... yeah great success.

Jamie F F S please stop with facts that are true within the history of our club you should know better my friend that most of the postee on here live in cloud cuckoo land n remember the past through rose tinted glasses who happily sit clapping the team off win lose or draw. On match days n only complain when their matchday paying buddy can't get their regular seat next to them at a cup game.
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:18 am

SINA STAG wrote:
Jamie wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:

Stuart Watkiss?

Jamie F F S please stop with facts that are true within the history of our club you should know better my friend that most of the postee on here live in cloud cuckoo land n remember the past through rose tinted glasses who happily sit clapping the team off win lose or draw. On match days n only complain when their matchday paying buddy can't get their regular seat next to them at a cup game.

Not sure what message board you read SINA but the general consensus on here is that Dempster should be sacked. I don't see that many 'happy clappers', just people who want to support Dempster or those who want a new manager.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:27 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:
SINA STAG wrote:
Jamie wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:

Stuart Watkiss?

Not sure what message board you read SINA but the general consensus on here is that Dempster should be sacked. I don't see that many 'happy clappers', just people who want to support Dempster or those who want a new manager.

You've just proved my assumptions to posters on here right Bobby some don't have the capability to read the subject in question correctly and if it's not what they want to read or believe is correct jump on the keyboard happily clapping loudly that other fans don't have a clue what their writing....

Bobby if you would like to read the comment above Jamie you will see he was referring to Stewart Watkiss and not Dempster.....

But Bobby your correct on Dempster he should be relieved of his duties as 1st team manager and found a job within n around the youth team were he came from.
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:40 am

oh joy he’s doing the press conference !
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:43 am

I think, given the noises from the owners on socials at the weekend, they were trying to get another manager. Other rumours about meeting specific managers follow that, but the fact that Dempster is still doing the Tuesday presser says to me that they've failed to land their man - or they're letting him do it while they finalise something. Fingers crossed.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:27 pm

ParisStag wrote:I think, given the noises from the owners on socials at the weekend, they were trying to get another manager. Other rumours about meeting specific managers follow that, but the fact that Dempster is still doing the Tuesday presser says to me that they've failed to land their man - or they're letting him do it while they finalise something. Fingers crossed.

Or they could be sticking with JD
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:47 pm

I just hope they do a proper process.

Advertise the job.

Sift through the applications ( you never know who may apply ).

Make up a short list

Interview the top three.

Offer the job to who they consider best to achieve their expectations.

Otherwise I see the land of milk and honey ( league 1 ) wont happen until they do.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:29 am

Radford's been with Evans last night

Check out Carolyns instagram story... Clearly him at the end.

Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum