{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Swindon scorethread sponsored by Serge Danot

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Swindon scorethread sponsored by Serge Danot

Postby Foresttownstag » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:22 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Jamie wrote:You're really scraping the barrel now with this "getting up to speed" stuff. He isn't an apprentice learning a new trade. Hes got one of the 92 most desirable jobs in English football. This isn't the platform for him to learn his trade... This is a professional football club with a big budget, big ambitions and expectations. If had a bottom half budget I'd agree he needs time to learn. That isn't the case. The chairman has set very clear expectations for the season.

Clearly it's not his fault hes not capable. It's the chairman's fault for taking a risk with a rookie. When you take risks you have to accept there can be a downside. Not all risks work out. This one hasn't, it shows no signs of "coming good" so it's time to correct the mistake and try something else.

JR needs to sort this out. His credibility is damaged with each passing day and each poor result. The time to act is now while the season can still be saved.

If you think creating 3/4 chances - which we missed and lost the game - justifies more time then there may be no helping you.

Be honest, your issue is the sacking of someone, anyone, not the fact hes actually any good or not or will come good. You just dont like people getting sacked. DF failed, you backed him. JD is failing, your backing him...

The saying in business goes... hire slow, fire fast... ie take time making the right appointment, but if you haven't. Act fast to correct it. That is very apt here.

Jamie I have two issues,

1 Are we being too hasty in sacking a rookie manager who has shown improvement ?

2 The fear that the board will make a knee jerk reaction and once again make a poor decision ( as they did with JD ), when appointing a new manager. Dismiss the comparison with Notts County and Chesterfield as much as you like but it could easily turn out like that.

Both these issues are based on facts.

Many on here want him gone now, with little thought or regard of what follows.

1. Where have we improved? If your saying 3 shots on target in 45 minutes at Swindon is an improvement you have to be joking, did you not witness Macclesfield last week? He has NOT improved at all. He is still making the same mistake every single week.

2. It won’t turn out like that. There was an issue growing at both of those clubs for years, bit like when we had Haslam. Both Notts & Chesterfield were ran into the ground by the owners over a number of years, the relegation just topped it off for them.

Never in a million years will we go down, not this season with the way the league has set up.

Andy open your eyes, it’s been horrendous. Please remember that this squad of players were here last year and look how we did.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:25 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Jamie wrote:You're really scraping the barrel now with this "getting up to speed" stuff. He isn't an apprentice learning a new trade. Hes got one of the 92 most desirable jobs in English football. This isn't the platform for him to learn his trade... This is a professional football club with a big budget, big ambitions and expectations. If had a bottom half budget I'd agree he needs time to learn. That isn't the case. The chairman has set very clear expectations for the season.

Clearly it's not his fault hes not capable. It's the chairman's fault for taking a risk with a rookie. When you take risks you have to accept there can be a downside. Not all risks work out. This one hasn't, it shows no signs of "coming good" so it's time to correct the mistake and try something else.

JR needs to sort this out. His credibility is damaged with each passing day and each poor result. The time to act is now while the season can still be saved.

If you think creating 3/4 chances - which we missed and lost the game - justifies more time then there may be no helping you.

Be honest, your issue is the sacking of someone, anyone, not the fact hes actually any good or not or will come good. You just dont like people getting sacked. DF failed, you backed him. JD is failing, your backing him...

The saying in business goes... hire slow, fire fast... ie take time making the right appointment, but if you haven't. Act fast to correct it. That is very apt here.

Jamie I have two issues,

1 Are we being too hasty in sacking a rookie manager who has shown improvement ?

2 The fear that the board will make a knee jerk reaction and once again make a poor decision ( as they did with JD ), when appointing a new manager. Dismiss the comparison with Notts County and Chesterfield as much as you like but it could easily turn out like that.

1. Where is the improvement? Home form still as poor as ever, and the last 2 away games have yielded 1 point and no goals? Is one decent 45 minutes where we didn’t score enough improvement to gloss over everything before?

2. There’s only been one poor appointment and that is Dempster. The 2 beforehand in Evans and Flitcroft were good appointments, both had a track record, and had us competing at the right end of the table. Unfortunately they didn’t end in promotion but I wouldn’t say they were poor decisions to appoint them.

And just because we don’t live in fear of ‘doing a Notts County’ doesn’t mean there’s little thought as to what follows. A change of manager to me represents an opportunity to change things for the better. Yes, we need to make sure the next appointment is the right one but that should always be the case. It might not work, but what we have now isn’t working.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:49 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Jamie I have two issues,

1. Where is the improvement? Home form still as poor as ever, and the last 2 away games have yielded 1 point and no goals? Is one decent 45 minutes where we didn’t score enough improvement to gloss over everything before?

2. There’s only been one poor appointment and that is Dempster. The 2 beforehand in Evans and Flitcroft were good appointments, both had a track record, and had us competing at the right end of the table. Unfortunately they didn’t end in promotion but I wouldn’t say they were poor decisions to appoint them.

And just because we don’t live in fear of ‘doing a Notts County’ doesn’t mean there’s little thought as to what follows. A change of manager to me represents an opportunity to change things for the better. Yes, we need to make sure the next appointment is the right one but that should always be the case. It might not work, but what we have now isn’t working.
1 If you havn't already done so please read Martin's report.

2 Are you confident in the way JR does his recruitment of managers we will get someone who will get us promoted this season ? Which seems to be most fans and indeed the boards expectations ?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:04 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Jamie I have two issues,

1 If you havn't already done so please read Martin's report.

2 Are you confident in the way JR does his recruitment of managers we will get someone who will get us promoted this season ? Which seems to be most fans and indeed the boards expectations ?

1. I was at the game Andy, so don’t need to read the report. Like I said, is 45 minutes of decent football that we didn’t score in enough improvement to give him more time considering all that’s gone before? Home form is still poor, and 1 point 0 goals from last 2 away.

2. Nobody is expecting promotion now this season. We’ve made a right hash it.

I am confident he could bring somebody in that could see out the rest of this season and have a right go next year. Evans and Flitcroft did that and both had us competing at the right end. I don’t believe Dempster is capable of that.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:02 pm

I think this week will make a big impact on our season.

if dempster is there I think it would be a good game if we can keep Shrewsbury to 3 or more goals or the equivalent

It would be a benefit.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:34 pm

And as my scorethread unbeaten run came to an undistinguished end this weekend I now have to pass the batton on. Who will grasp the nettle and be the catalyst for the hopes, fears, dreams, rants, ravings, bitchings, considered opinions and lunatic screamings of the Mansfield faithful (and Dan) for this coming Saturday's assault on the FA Cup?

Who knows? But whoever it is I wish you good luck and godspeed.

:coys:
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:40 am

The One wrote:
steiner wrote:
adamstag wrote:Sounds hopeless again.

The best thing that could happen in the 2nd half is we go and lose 4 or 5-0.

Hopefully then the board will male the decision to end this pitiful experiment

jesus fcuckin wept...Really..your no stags fan.

Support the team not the manager

Read site rules re swearing please

:hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:09 pm

stagsfan6493 wrote:Dempster is the worse manager we have ever had.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:14 pm

Dan wrote:
stagsfan6493 wrote:Dempster is the worse manager we have ever had.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

wow you’ve not been going long then ?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:15 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:And as my scorethread unbeaten run came to an undistinguished end this weekend I now have to pass the batton on. Who will grasp the nettle and be the catalyst for the hopes, fears, dreams, rants, ravings, bitchings, considered opinions and lunatic screamings of the Mansfield faithful (and Dan) for this coming Saturday's assault on the FA Cup?

Who knows? But whoever it is I wish you good luck and godspeed.

:coys:

What's that supposed to mean? I've been a Stags fan since 1986, half of this board weren't even born then. :roll:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:22 pm

Only Bill Dearden (final time) and Carlton Palmer have worse win percentages in the last 20 years. And yes Dan, I know he's only manager 24 games, that's why it is worked out as a percentage.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:35 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Only Bill Dearden (final time) and Carlton Palmer have worse win percentages in the last 20 years. And yes Dan, I know he's only manager 24 games, that's why it is worked out as a percentage.

I’m sure Dempster is below Palmer for league games?
Dempster currently around 26/27%, Palmer 31%.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:37 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Only Bill Dearden (final time) and Carlton Palmer have worse win percentages in the last 20 years. And yes Dan, I know he's only manager 24 games, that's why it is worked out as a percentage.

I’m sure Dempster is below Palmer for league games?
Dempster currently around 26/27%, Palmer 31%.

Possibly, I've only seen the stats including cup games.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:21 pm

Probably in his favour that hes only had 24 games... any more and that percentage will get worse
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum