{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Christmas could see us 3rd from bottom

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Christmas could see us 3rd from bottom

Postby diablo » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:36 pm

Looking ahead at the December fixtures I am struggling to see where a win can come from...possibly Port Vale..but the other fixtures Cheltenham,Crewe,Northampton and Bradford City are looking to be a big ask based on our current form. The owners seem reluctant to take any action at this current time for reasons known only to themselves. Virtually everyone on this board is calling for a change of Manager but realistically this costs money added to the payoff to DF and also finding the right replacement would add to these costs . I just wonder that bearing in mind the Chairman.s decision to live abroad for what is probably tax avoidance reasons whether the Club can actually afford to dismiss Mr Dempster?
diablo
First Team
First Team

Re: Christmas could see us 3rd from bottom

Postby Foresttownstag » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:43 pm

Yeah but if you listen to the happy clappers Dempster will have us top by Christmas!
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:27 pm

diablo wrote:Looking ahead at the December fixtures I am struggling to see where a win can come from...possibly Port Vale..but the other fixtures Cheltenham,Crewe,Northampton and Bradford City are looking to be a big ask based on our current form. The owners seem reluctant to take any action at this current time for reasons known only to themselves. Virtually everyone on this board is calling for a change of Manager but realistically this costs money added to the payoff to DF and also finding the right replacement would add to these costs . I just wonder that bearing in mind the Chairman.s decision to live abroad for what is probably tax avoidance reasons whether the Club can actually afford to dismiss Mr Dempster?

It does not matter one iota imo ,the cost is irrelevant ,the simple fact is the owners own the club ,the directors put money into the club ,and the fans especially on here think they know better than all of them ,its not going well atm ,but without the owners or the directors we would probably still be non league ,some fans are saying vote with your feet stay away till they listen to us ,what a bunch of self righteous buggers , its a bit like getting married , for better or for worse its part of the package :coys:
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:38 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:Yeah but if you listen to the happy clappers Dempster will have us top by Christmas!

Stupid, stupid comment.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:39 pm

Jd gone tomorrow
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:41 pm

diablo wrote:Looking ahead at the December fixtures I am struggling to see where a win can come from...possibly Port Vale..but the other fixtures Cheltenham,Crewe,Northampton and Bradford City are looking to be a big ask based on our current form. The owners seem reluctant to take any action at this current time for reasons known only to themselves. Virtually everyone on this board is calling for a change of Manager but realistically this costs money added to the payoff to DF and also finding the right replacement would add to these costs . I just wonder that bearing in mind the Chairman.s decision to live abroad for what is probably tax avoidance reasons whether the Club can actually afford to dismiss Mr Dempster?

I’d like to think that Dempster’s contract isn’t the most lucrative one considering he’s come from the youth setup and has never managed a professional team before.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:46 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:Yeah but if you listen to the happy clappers Dempster will have us top by Christmas!

Stupid, stupid comment.

Thanks Edders
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:47 pm

spanishstag wrote:

It does not matter one iota imo ,the cost is irrelevant ,the simple fact is the owners own the club ,the directors put money into the club ,and the fans especially on here think they know better than all of them ,its not going well atm ,but without the owners or the directors we would probably still be non league ,some fans are saying vote with your feet stay away till they listen to us ,what a bunch of self righteous buggers , its a bit like getting married , for better or for worse its part of the package :coys:

Sorry Spanish but I think you are totally wrong in that assessment. The club and standards that it offers are a product and the fans are the consumers. If a company changed the recipe of your favourite breakfast cereal no-one would blame you for not buying it anymore if you didn't like what you were being offered.

It's no good thinking that any old tripe can be served up and most customers will be satisfied because they won't. Yes the die Hards will accept anything but the die Hards alone won't keep the club afloat at this level. The admission charges at our club are already above average for the level we play at which most accept if the product is good. The product isn't good so it either needs to improve or prices need to come down. If neither happens, the non-die hard fans won't keep coming in which case we will be in a relegation fight, if not this year then next when budgets will have to be cut.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:19 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
spanishstag wrote:

Sorry Spanish but I think you are totally wrong in that assessment. The club and standards that it offers are a product and the fans are the consumers. If a company changed the recipe of your favourite breakfast cereal no-one would blame you for not buying it anymore if you didn't like what you were being offered.

It's no good thinking that any old tripe can be served up and most customers will be satisfied because they won't. Yes the die Hards will accept anything but the die Hards alone won't keep the club afloat at this level. The admission charges at our club are already above average for the level we play at which most accept if the product is good. The product isn't good so it either needs to improve or prices need to come down. If neither happens, the non-die hard fans won't keep coming in which case we will be in a relegation fight, if not this year then next when budgets will have to be cut.

I know what you mean sandy ,but there are times its not going to be all beer and skittles ,this is one of them ,if we had gone up last year would people have expected us to go straight through the league again ,probably not ,but some seem to think its not acceptable to have a season of mediocrity ,lets face it no one wants it ,but its happening and quite frankly some of the criticism on here is ludicrous ,
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:00 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:Jd gone tomorrow

Is that a goer richard , you are not usually far off the mark
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:30 pm

spanishstag wrote:

Good post
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:56 pm

I feel like he has to... its just not improving and im not quite sure a mid table/ lower table finish this year will be enough of a learning curve for him to then take us back to the top three the year after.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:08 pm

spanishstag wrote:

Is that a goer richard , you are not usually far off the mark

Hope this is true. We might win a home game then.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:20 pm

Yep Xmas shopping
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:40 pm

Billy the fish wrote:

Yep Xmas shopping

???
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:48 pm

spanishstag wrote:
spanishstag wrote:

I know what you mean sandy ,but there are times its not going to be all beer and skittles ,this is one of them ,if we had gone up last year would people have expected us to go straight through the league again ,probably not ,but some seem to think its not acceptable to have a season of mediocrity ,lets face it no one wants it ,but its happening and quite frankly some of the criticism on here is ludicrous ,

The last couple years, the directors have been banging the promotion push drum.

Once JD was appointed, a lot of fans thought that the ‘promotion push’ remit was done with. The directors reaffirmed and have done several times this campaign that promotion is not only the aim, but the expectation, with JD at the helm.

The ‘self-righteous’ & ‘entitled’ tag that’s been put onto fans that expect better than what we are seeing is something I find ridiculous. Not everybody has an outlook where they will just accept everything and anything they are served up. I personally want the club to get better year on year, and keep progressing through the leagues. I don’t want to see us chilling in League 2 forever. I accept it might happen, but that’s not what I want. That’s boring. The fans have a right to be expectant with the rhetoric that the owners, directors and management have been shouting. Now they are not delivering, fans have a right to be disappointed and angered, particularly given how poor we have been.

Without any kind of expectation, there is no progress. That’s how life is. It’s very very basic.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:56 pm

WVStag wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
spanishstag wrote:

The last couple years, the directors have been banging the promotion push drum.

Once JD was appointed, a lot of fans thought that the ‘promotion push’ remit was done with. The directors reaffirmed and have done several times this campaign that promotion is not only the aim, but the expectation, with JD at the helm.

The ‘self-righteous’ & ‘entitled’ tag that’s been put onto fans that expect better than what we are seeing is something I find ridiculous. Not everybody has an outlook where they will just accept everything and anything they are served up. I personally want the club to get better year on year, and keep progressing through the leagues. I don’t want to see us chilling in League 2 forever. I accept it might happen, but that’s not what I want. That’s boring. The fans have a right to be expectant with the rhetoric that the owners, directors and management have been shouting. Now they are not delivering, fans have a right to be disappointed and angered, particularly given how poor we have been.

Without any kind of expectation, there is no progress. That’s how life is. It’s very very basic.

Great post.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:27 pm

WV, brilliant post!
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:30 pm

Bang on the money WV.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:58 pm

Exactly.

If you went to a restaurant that had previously been bang average at best, but then started to get better and better reviews from people, so you thought 'yeah you know what, I'll give it a try'.

So you think, 'theyre making an effort so I'll make an effort'.

You go down, on a Sunday, and order the beef Sunday roast, with honey glazed roast parsnips, crispy-outside-fluffy-inside roast potatoes, puffy great big Yorkshires, fruity and nutty stuffing, and the finest veg. That's on top of top quality, perfectly rare and richly-flavoured beef, and lashings of real gravy of course, all for £16.99… bit pricey, but worth it.

Yet what you get is a slice of dry, bland, tasteless over cooked meat, gravy so thick you could stand a spoon up in it, soft manky veg, and carrots battons from co-op.

You're annoyed. And when you complain to the staff, and the other punters,they say 'put up with it, it's all you're getting stop being greedy, what did you expect, idiot, the chef's only been here 5 months and the management thought he'd be good because he was previously good a serving the kids meals' before, the new waitress walks past and says 'if youre going to complain dont f...ing Come then', and posts a recipe, making fun of you on twitter. They still change you full price, and don't acknowledge any wrongdoing and don't even offer you desert.

You expected better given the price and the fact that the owners have been recently going for a Michelin star.

You wouldn't be happy would you, and the excuses wouldn't be sufficient, and you certainly wouldn't want to go back, and you'd probably leave a bad review on TripAdvisor.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:07 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:Exactly.

If you went to a restaurant that had previously been bang average at best, but then started to get better and better reviews from people, so you thought 'yeah you know what, I'll give it a try'.

You go down, on a Sunday, and order the beef Sunday roast, with honey glazed roast parsnips, crispy-outside-fluffy-inside roast potatoes, puffy great big Yorkshires, fruity and nutty stuffing, and the finest veg. That's on top of top quality, perfectly rare and richly-flavoured beef, and lashings of real gravy of course, all for £16.99… bit pricey, but worth it.

Yet what you get is a slice of dry, bland, tasteless over cooked meat, gravy so thick you could stand a spoon up in it, soft manky veg, and carrots battons from co-op.

You're annoyed. And when you complain to the staff, and the other punters,they say 'put up with it, it's all you're getting stop being greedy, what did you expect, idiot, the chef's only been here 5 months and the management thought he'd be good because he was previously good a serving the kids meals' before, the new waitress walks past and says 'if youre going to complain dont f...ing Come then', and posts a recipe, making fun of you on twitter. They still change you full price, and don't acknowledge any wrongdoing and don't even offer you desert.

You expected better given the price and the fact that the owners have been recently going for a Michelin star.

You wouldn't be happy would you, and the excuses wouldn't be sufficient, and you certainly wouldn't want to go back, and you'd probably leave a bad review on TripAdvisor.

But ask Dan what the dinners are like at Notts County :lol:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:20 am

I’m more interested to know which desert he’s off to. At least it will be warmer than here ;)
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:46 am

Dan wrote:I’m more interested to know which desert he’s off to. At least it will be warmer than here ;)

Deserts aren’t necessarily warm.

Both Arctica and Antarctica are considerably colder than here ;)
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:18 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:Exactly.

On the other hand, if it was your favourite restaurant, where you had fond memories there, maybe dining out with your first girl friend or had celebrated birthday meals with your family you may be willing to give it time to revert back to its former standard.

Especially if the chef was new, and the only prior experience he had was cooking at the cafe down the road. You may decide, based on how hard the owner of the said restaurant had been to try and make it the top attraction in town, to give him and the chef time to improve the menu.

I suppose we all have different eating habits.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:05 am

& so is he getting sacked this morning ?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum