{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Manager change YES OR NO...... Board poll added

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Should John Dempster be removed from position of manager?

Yes
87%
No
13%

Total votes : 238

Re: Manager change YES OR NO...... Board poll added

Postby Chrisuknottm » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:30 pm

spanishstag wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:
spanishstag wrote:I know what everyone says ,but if it was me i would feel aggrieved if i was given a job and halfway through the given period i was sacked rome wasnt built in a day ,saying that i dont think its going to work for him ,but Im must trying to be fair

If you're given a job and not up to it any industry, business or walk of life, whatever the original good intentions, then that's the natural order and consequences for failure Spanish

But do you judge someone on less than half a season ,and no im not saying he should stay ,just trying to be balanced

You judge them on all facets of the job and whether they are producing the required end results. Can you honestly say he is doing so in any area....results, team selection, style of play, club direction, supporter satisfaction etc etc....if there were any signs in any of those areas I'd agree with you but I don't see anything positive in his managerial performance.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Number63 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:34 pm

When does the poll close?

Who's presenting the results and who to?
Not much matches Mansfield
Number63
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby wink68 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:35 pm

chip63 wrote:I'm going to put No tomorrow I think.
I don't think we can afford another expensive manager this year.
I don't think we would have Maynard and Cook and Shaugnesey if we'd payed for another proven manager.
It's a business and I believe they are right in what they are trying.
You look at the players we have and you'd think you could pick any side and we would win.
I'm sure it's harder to try and get a point than win away.

The board can't change the mistake they've made but will learn from it.
So from a financial and learning season I would say not yet.
how many back room staff got sacked first 9 games to be replaced by more money and more pay offs.
Lee glover stand up and be counted please.

Financially it's a big No.

How much will 1k off the gate for the rest of the season cost.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby 1966Stag » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:40 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:just really interested in the reason why the 13 people wouldn’t change manager ?

just wow !!

Would imagine a fair few of them are our non league neighbours casting their votes.
1966Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Chrisuknottm » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:40 pm

wink68 wrote:
chip63 wrote:I'm going to put No tomorrow I think.
I don't think we can afford another expensive manager this year.
I don't think we would have Maynard and Cook and Shaugnesey if we'd payed for another proven manager.
It's a business and I believe they are right in what they are trying.
You look at the players we have and you'd think you could pick any side and we would win.
I'm sure it's harder to try and get a point than win away.

The board can't change the mistake they've made but will learn from it.
So from a financial and learning season I would say not yet.
how many back room staff got sacked first 9 games to be replaced by more money and more pay offs.
Lee glover stand up and be counted please.

Financially it's a big No.

How much will 1k off the gate for the rest of the season cost.

That will depend on how the 1k is made up Wink. If it's season ticket holders who simply choose not to go then they already have our money so it's only a loss on anything we might purchase in the ground. If it's casual walk ups it then £25 x number x home games left plus again purchases made.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Jimstag » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:47 pm

Yes.

I’ve been in the give him time camp but it’s not going well. I think Radford will give him until Christmas and with the fixtures coming up it doesn’t look pretty. If he comes out of it well I’ll say fair play to the lad.

That said I’ll support them at the matches until Radford makes the call.
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:11 pm

Dempster won't be on the same wage compared to the likes of Evan's n his side kick n probably DF n Futch I wouldn't think.....

Taking this into the equation of loss money on the gates if we assume it's the footfall of fans paying a fee before or on matchday not turning up.....

Balance of the books by weighing up both of the above I would think the managers difference in salary would cover the loss of income on matchday.

Perhaps the board have taken this into consideration having two hefty seasons throwing money at managers to get the club promoted n failed they've taken this season to reassess the club n finances hoping the same players still under contract might be able to challenge for promotion a third season......

But now we know JD is not strong enough to manage men JD n Glover arnt working their tactics are abysmal there seems to be a few loose cannons in the squad n playing staff spouting off against the people who pay their wages because they dont like to hear the truth on performances.

Taking all the above into consideration this season will end with the team finishi between 18th n 12th the manager being demoted back to the reserves Glover n Drew shown the door players out of contract would be released or any with value sold in the January window.

Come May 2020 my prediction is a new manager a top 3 budget n his own players to go again.

My thoughts on this season......
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:11 pm

SINA STAG wrote:Dempster won't be on the same wage compared to the likes of Evan's n his side kick n probably DF n Futch I wouldn't think.....

Taking this into the equation of loss money on the gates if we assume it's the footfall of fans paying a fee before or on matchday not turning up.....

Balance of the books by weighing up both of the above I would think the managers difference in salary would cover the loss of income on matchday.

Perhaps the board have taken this into consideration having two hefty seasons throwing money at managers to get the club promoted n failed they've taken this season to reassess the club n finances hoping the same players still under contract might be able to challenge for promotion a third season......

But now we know JD is not strong enough to manage men JD n Glover arnt working their tactics are abysmal there seems to be a few loose cannons in the squad n playing staff spouting off against the people who pay their wages because they dont like to hear the truth on performances.

Taking all the above into consideration this season will end with the team finishi between 18th n 12th the manager being demoted back to the reserves Glover n Drew shown the door players out of contract would be released or any with value sold in the January window.

Come May 2020 my prediction is a new manager a top 3 budget n his own players to go again.

Pretty much my thoughts Sina consolidation season despite the noise from Portugal about promotion is the key aim .
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:36 pm

Billy the fish wrote:
SINA STAG wrote:Dempster won't be on the same wage compared to the likes of Evan's n his side kick n probably DF n Futch I wouldn't think.....

Pretty much my thoughts Sina consolidation season despite the noise from Portugal about promotion is the key aim .

Get a new gaffer in now that has a track record and give him 6 months to assess his squad before next season would be the best approach to me - this season is bordering on a write off already so may as well build towards next year with somebody serious.

There’s a lot of bad feeling around the place at the minute, fans are disgruntled, we’re watching rubbish football, I could go on. What exactly is the point in delaying the inevitable? It’s doing more harm than good in my opinion.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby tuopolfpilf » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:15 pm

Will this be like Brexit and take 3yrs + to complete
tuopolfpilf
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby adamstag » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:42 pm

tuopolfpilf wrote:Will this be like Brexit and take 3yrs + to complete

We’d be in the conference or conference north on that basis :lol:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:56 pm

Hold on hos support has surged to 12%. The silent majority has spoken.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:03 pm

Sneag wrote:Hold on hos support has surged to 12%. The silent majority has spoken.

That must be all the board of directors votes in then.. :D
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:20 pm

Maybe rob has created 50 profiles to vote in yes
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby wink68 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:09 pm

We all thought the appointment of JD was a money saving exercise when announced, but then we signed Maynard and Cook who both joined us over other clubs for one reason and one reason alone, money in the skyrocket.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:05 pm

Anyone want to change their vote?
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dp1976 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:20 pm

Yes me, I read manager yes or no and put no !!!
Dp1976
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Nottsstag100 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:24 pm

Never wanted to be one of the fans supporting a manager outage, however with our squad this SHOULD NOT BE HAPPENING,

John dempster is not the man for the job and those trying to argue he is need a reality check, why waste a whole season when we can revive it with a great managerial change?

HE NEEDS TO GO, NOW!!
Nottsstag100
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Dan » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:49 am

Nottsstag100 wrote:Never wanted to be one of the fans supporting a manager outage, however with our squad this SHOULD NOT BE HAPPENING,

John dempster is not the man for the job and those trying to argue he is need a reality check, why waste a whole season when we can revive it with a great managerial change?

HE NEEDS TO GO, NOW!!

How do you know it would be a change for the better? We could get someone experienced in & end up going down. Have a look up the A60 for that example.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:35 am

Dan wrote:
Nottsstag100 wrote:Never wanted to be one of the fans supporting a manager outage, however with our squad this SHOULD NOT BE HAPPENING,

HE NEEDS TO GO, NOW!!

How do you know it would be a change for the better? We could get someone experienced in & end up going down. Have a look up the A60 for that example.

We don’t but with that attitude clubs would never change their managers.

Dan your hands must be red roar from all this happy clapping.

Dempster has to go, sadly it’s just not working.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Nottsstag100 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:04 am

Foresttownstag wrote:
Dan wrote:

HE NEEDS TO GO, NOW!!

We don’t but with that attitude clubs would never change their managers.

Dan your hands must be red roar from all this happy clapping.

Dempster has to go, sadly it’s just not working.

My exact reasoning!

It’s clearly not working at the minute and we need change
Nottsstag100
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:10 am

Dan wrote:

HE NEEDS TO GO, NOW!!

Simple. Because it couldn't possibly be any worse.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:13 am

Dan wrote:

HE NEEDS TO GO, NOW!!

Dan the problem is most who want a change in manager are blind to the fact that we could make the situation worse by making another bad appointment. They don't think we could go down the same road as Notts County and Chesterfield.

I know we are on opposite sides of the DF debate but I am in agreement with you on this issue.

The Radfords need to do a thorough and full process before employing the next manager. Therefore I say no change until the right man is found.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:25 am

Amber Andy wrote:
Dan wrote:

HE NEEDS TO GO, NOW!!

Dan the problem is most who want a change in manager are blind to the fact that we could make the situation worse by making another bad appointment. They don't think we could go down the same road as Notts County and Chesterfield.

I know we are on opposite sides of the DF debate but I am in agreement with you on this issue.

The Radfords need to do a thorough and full process before employing the next manager. Therefore I say no change until the right man is found.

Any appointment is a risk, as the current appointment clearly shows.

The fact that taking action carries a risk doesn't mean you shouldn't do it. If you applied that logic you'd never leave the house.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:44 am

Actually becoming less convinced a change will now be made, unless we lose half dozen on the bounce . It's been so obvious he's the wrong man , but the time to effectively change was 8 or 9 games ago and it didn't happen . 9 points off the playoffs having played 2 games more means any new manager now will need snookers . Maybe the board are happy drifting thru the season in the bottom third . Let's see what the crowds are like in January if they keep on this path .
victor A block
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum