{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Should CJ leave in January

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Should CJ leave in January

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:41 pm

We won't get anywhere near what was reportedly offered last season. Maybe £100k if we are lucky, less if he get 10 minutes on the back end of games.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:42 pm

sunray wrote:gazza1988

[quoteHis contract is up June 2020 but the club do have the option to trigger a 1 year extension clause. I had to Google it because he's over 24 and could leave on a free at the end of it (how many times have we fell foul of that one in the past?) and it would be a shame to lose him that way.]

If JD is the manager to end os season at least there is no point in CJ staying, better to get money for him in January. All managers have players they don't like (playing wise) and it's better to bit the bullet for the sake of the club, the player and the team.[/quote]

Dempster won’t be in charge next season though. I’d like to see what CJ could do with a proper manager I charge. He was brilliant at times under Flitcroft last season, and was good for the most part under Evans too. Besides, I doubt any teams will be offering fees for him in January.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:37 pm

Cleveland_Stag wrote:

[quoteHis contract is up June 2020 but the club do have the option to trigger a 1 year extension clause. I had to Google it because he's over 24 and could leave on a free at the end of it (how many times have we fell foul of that one in the past?) and it would be a shame to lose him that way.]

If JD is the manager to end os season at least there is no point in CJ staying, better to get money for him in January. All managers have players they don't like (playing wise) and it's better to bit the bullet for the sake of the club, the player and the team.

Dempster won’t be in charge next season though. I’d like to see what CJ could do with a proper manager I charge. He was brilliant at times under Flitcroft last season, and was good for the most part under Evans too. Besides, I doubt any teams will be offering fees for him in January.[/quote]

yeah no but once every 10 games... is that really enough?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:02 pm

Spiritater wrote:
Cleveland_Stag wrote:

If JD is the manager to end os season at least there is no point in CJ staying, better to get money for him in January. All managers have players they don't like (playing wise) and it's better to bit the bullet for the sake of the club, the player and the team.

Dempster won’t be in charge next season though. I’d like to see what CJ could do with a proper manager I charge. He was brilliant at times under Flitcroft last season, and was good for the most part under Evans too. Besides, I doubt any teams will be offering fees for him in January.

yeah no but once every 10 games... is that really enough?[/quote]

It's better than McDonald's 0 in every 10 games, yet he plays every game!!!!!!
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:07 pm

no denying that woody lad
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:38 pm

sunray wrote:CJ no longer features in JD preferred team and gets 10 minutes if he's lucky at the end.

His performance under JD is poor compared to previous managers. Is it better for his career to move or a loan to another L2 club to get game time and return to his previous performance level.

It would free up money for JD to improve his team as he said he wanted to do on the radio.

You should ask Stev Hyman
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby DogsDoDahs » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:04 am

Spiritater wrote:
Cleveland_Stag wrote:

yeah no but once every 10 games... is that really enough?[/quote]

CJ scored a dozen or so goals last season didnt he? So he must have had at least 10 decent games in a full season. So by your account he must of played over 100 games last season then :lol:
DogsDoDahs
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby gazza1988 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:52 am

Cj played over 50 games last season. Which 5 did he show up for? Getting in team of the season for 5 worthwhile appearances. Unprecedented.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:38 am

the quote was, 'he was brilliant at times'. Brilliant = a 9 or10. When we needed that at the end of the season he was churning out 5s, 5.5s etc in games where we needed 'brilliant'. Instead the majority of the time yuo wouldn't have known the lad was playing
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum