{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Carlisle United - Steven Pressley Sacked

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Carlisle United - Steven Pressley Sacked

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:05 pm

I see Steven Pressley was sacked today as Carlisle manager.

Gavin Skelton and Owen Coyle are favourites for the job followed by Peter Murphy, Danny Grainger, Zigor Aranalde, Clint Hill, Russell Slade, Neil Redfearn and Kevin Nolan.

https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/1803 ... ed/?ref=ar
https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/180 ... g-bookies/

They have also confirmed that David Holdsworth's salary as Director of Football is paid by Edinburgh Woollen Mill.

https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/180 ... d-confirm/
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Re: Carlisle United - Steven Pressley Sacked

Postby The One » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:08 am

I posted that hours ago o.n another thread .

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=35638&p=803076#p803076
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:41 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I see Steven Pressley was sacked today as Carlisle manager.

Gavin Skelton and Owen Coyle are favourites for the job followed by Peter Murphy, Danny Grainger, Zigor Aranalde, Clint Hill, Russell Slade, Neil Redfearn and Kevin Nolan.

https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/1803 ... ed/?ref=ar
https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/180 ... g-bookies/

They have also confirmed that David Holdsworth's salary as Director of Football is paid by Edinburgh Woollen Mill.

https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/180 ... d-confirm/

Holdsworth WAS ALWAYS tasteless and expensive
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby one f in mansfield » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:41 am

The One wrote:I posted that hours ago o.n another thread .

https://stagsnet.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.p ... 76#p803076

Nah nah nah nah nah nannah
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:20 pm

Owen Coyle would be a good candidate.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:55 pm

Dempster should apply.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:03 pm

And now Orient have sacked their manager after a month.

When you know it's wrong, why persist?
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:44 pm

Courage of their convictions.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:46 pm

tillydog123 wrote:Owen Coyle would be a good candidate.

With respect why? He's failed at everything since he went to Burnley. Had no success at all as far as I can recall.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:46 pm

Pressley gets sacked by Carlisle. Dempster is still in charge of Stags. Carlisle have felt the need to sack Pressley despite them only being 2 points behind us on the same games played. Pressley didn’t inherit a squad that were whiskers away from promotion like Dempster did. Pressley won’t have had a top 3 budget at his disposal like Dempster has. And I’m sure the owners and directors at Carlisle haven’t clearly targeted a top 3 finish this season like we have.

Despite all of this, Carlisle have pulled the plug on their manager before we have done with ours. Dempster is incredibly fortunate that our board have been so lenient on him up to now.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:52 pm

Give it a chuffin rest :roll:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:56 pm

Cleveland_Stag wrote:Pressley gets sacked by Carlisle. Dempster is still in charge of Stags. Carlisle have felt the need to sack Pressley despite them only being 2 points behind us on the same games played. Pressley didn’t inherit a squad that were whiskers away from promotion like Dempster did. Pressley won’t have had a top 3 budget at his disposal like Dempster has. And I’m sure the owners and directors at Carlisle haven’t clearly targeted a top 3 finish this season like we have.

Despite all of this, Carlisle have pulled the plug on their manager before we have done with ours. Dempster is incredibly fortunate that our board have been so lenient on him up to now.

My goal in life is to me as secure in my job as Dempster is in his. Doesn’t matter how toss he performs, it’ll be harder to get the sack.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby gazza1988 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:14 pm

So you are saying Dempster is an inspiration?
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:52 pm

WVStag wrote:
Cleveland_Stag wrote:Pressley gets sacked by Carlisle. Dempster is still in charge of Stags. Carlisle have felt the need to sack Pressley despite them only being 2 points behind us on the same games played. Pressley didn’t inherit a squad that were whiskers away from promotion like Dempster did. Pressley won’t have had a top 3 budget at his disposal like Dempster has. And I’m sure the owners and directors at Carlisle haven’t clearly targeted a top 3 finish this season like we have.

My goal in life is to me as secure in my job as Dempster is in his. Doesn’t matter how toss he performs, it’ll be harder to get the sack.

You really are the dross
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:57 pm

spanishstag wrote:
WVStag wrote:

You really are the dross

Inane dross
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:33 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
WVStag wrote:

You really are the dross

Inane dross

:lol: :lol: :lol: irony alert
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:18 am

spanishstag wrote:
WVStag wrote:

You really are the dross

Explain how I am ‘the dross’ please, spanishstag?

Also, congratulations on forming a sentence with less than 7 glaring grammatical or punctuation errors.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby spanishstag » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:05 am

You are the dross ,because all you ever do is decry our management at every opportunity i have only read critical posts from you and your merry little gang of spoilt kids ,who demand instant success ,or you just stamp your feet hoping you will get what you want oh and dont worry about my lack of punctuation or spelling i haven,t done too badly out of it,your the one who keeps having to tell people how clever you are when they question you ,probably suffer from a dysfunction yourself
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Paulstag » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:58 am

I feel a charity boxing match coming on.

In the blue corner we have spanishstag and in the red corner we have wvstag.

Ding ding...... round 1
Paulstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:40 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
WVStag wrote:

You really are the dross

Inane dross

:lol: :lol: :lol: irony alert

Cut to the quick :(
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:08 am

WVStag wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
WVStag wrote:

You really are the dross

Also, congratulations on forming a sentence with less than 7 glaring grammatical or punctuation errors.

WV Stag, please allow me to correct the above for you:

Also, congratulations on forming a sentence with FEWER than 7 glaring grammatical or punctuation errors

;)
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:21 am

NorthLondonStag wrote:
WVStag wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
WVStag wrote:

You really are the dross

WV Stag, please allow me to correct the above for you:

Also, congratulations on forming a sentence with FEWER than 7 glaring grammatical or punctuation errors

;)

Touché :lol:
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:14 pm

I've bought extra popcorn if anyone wants to share :lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death