{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Macclesfield Players Strike.

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Macclesfield Players Strike.

Postby Kernow » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:51 pm

First teamers went on strike Sunday. Youth teamers and loanees lost 0-4 to Kingstonian. Next week should be interesting.
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Re: Macclesfield Players Strike.

Postby The One » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:52 pm

Keep up
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Kernow » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:56 pm

??
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:01 pm

Kernow wrote:??

Already being discussed on booed off at half time thread. Sympathies that wasn't explained well.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:52 pm

Kernow wrote:First teamers went on strike Sunday. Youth teamers and loanees lost 0-4 to Kingstonian. Next week should be interesting.

It will be easiest game of the season if Macc play the same team. Expect another 6 as per Olfham game assuming Dempster does not get frightened off.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby sunray » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:34 pm

If Macclesfield youth team play as well as Corby we could easily loss 1 - 0.

If we go one up JD will go 100% defence because his job will be on the line if he losses or draws to a youth team. Bet if it's the youth team he will put CJ and Mellis in the starting team so he can make a meaningless point.

Sometimes I wish I hadn't brought my away ticket already. Win and it's a hollow victory. Draw or loss and our club will have a month(s) of uncertainity.

Whatever the youth team will get the biggest cheer at the end of the game if they come over.
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:45 pm

sunray wrote:If Macclesfield youth team play as well as Corby we could easily loss 1 - 0.

If we go one up JD will go 100% defence because his job will be on the line if he losses or draws to a youth team. Bet if it's the youth team he will put CJ and Mellis in the starting team so he can make a meaningless point.

Sometimes I wish I hadn't brought my away ticket already. Win and it's a hollow victory. Draw or loss and our club will have a month(s) of uncertainity.

Whatever the youth team will get the biggest cheer at the end of the game if they come over.

Corby?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby sunray » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:03 pm

Try Chorley. I've no idea who we were playing.

Unfortuneately it would probably have been the same result had we have been playing Corby Town Football Club from the Southern League Division
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby NorthLondonStag » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:08 pm

sunray wrote:If Macclesfield youth team play as well as Corby we could easily loss 1 - 0.

As matters stand I would take the youth team, an easy win and three points. They could be very valuable at the end of the season. At which end of the table it’s difficult to predict
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby NG17_stag » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:15 pm

Can’t wait to beat their youth team 1-0 and for Dempster to rave about the clean sheet and what they can do away from home without the fans on their back.
NG17_stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:22 am

Do they have any decent players we could poach?

Is Jay Harris there or Morcambe? I always thought he was a battler in the Jamie McGuire/Bishop mould.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:27 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Do they have any decent players we could poach?

Is Jay Harris there or Morcambe? I always thought he was a battler in the Jamie McGuire/Bishop mould.

What, not another defensive midfielder shirley.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:29 pm

Spiritater wrote:

I was thinking about taking some of the load off Bish and letting the old man rest up on the odd occasion. Half a game each would be just about right.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:37 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Spiritater wrote:

I was thinking about taking some of the load off Bish and letting the old man rest up on the odd occasion. Half a game each would be just about right.

Like your thinking but Baby Bish can do that. We have a greater need for a creative attacking midfielder.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:00 pm

Source: BBC Sport

Macclesfield Town: 'Uninsured' striking players advised not to play or train

Macclesfield Town players have been advised not to play or train because they are currently not insured.
The advisory follows the first-team players' decision to strike and withhold their services for Sunday's FA Cup defeat by Kingstonian.
That game, which the club covered by fielding youth team players and loanees, was lost 4-0 at Moss Rose.
Players have refused to play as they wait to receive unpaid wages from the League Two club.
Shrewsbury Town are the Silkmen's scheduled hosts in a North Group D EFL Trophy game on Wednesday.
Wages were paid two weeks late in September, after employees throughout the club were forced to appeal to the English Football League for help.
October's wages were also delayed, prompting the playing staff to withdraw from training and fixtures.
There has been interest in buying the club from businessman Joe Sealey, the son of the late former Manchester United goalkeeper Les.
Endeavoring to persevere since 1965 (8-1 home win against QPR)

Seal it, Larson
Son Of Sherwood
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby west country stag » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:15 am

Son Of Sherwood wrote:Source: BBC Sport

Macclesfield Town players have been advised not to play or train because they are currently not insured.
The advisory follows the first-team players' decision to strike and withhold their services for Sunday's FA Cup defeat by Kingstonian.
That game, which the club covered by fielding youth team players and loanees, was lost 4-0 at Moss Rose.
Players have refused to play as they wait to receive unpaid wages from the League Two club.
Shrewsbury Town are the Silkmen's scheduled hosts in a North Group D EFL Trophy game on Wednesday.
Wages were paid two weeks late in September, after employees throughout the club were forced to appeal to the English Football League for help.
October's wages were also delayed, prompting the playing staff to withdraw from training and fixtures.
There has been interest in buying the club from businessman Joe Sealey, the son of the late former Manchester United goalkeeper Les.

Does this mean our match on Saturday would be in doubt ?
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:47 am

west country stag wrote:

Don’t think so, they’ll play the YT I would imagine
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby DazMondo » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:54 am

Foresttownstag wrote:
west country stag wrote:

Don’t think so, they’ll play the YT I would imagine

If they are uninsured, surely that means none of Macclesfields players can play, first, reserve and youth team players.
Why do the two football teams I support always let me down.
DazMondo
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby part time pete » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:23 am

Surely, Macclesfield have just got to say they have three international call offs and get the game postponed.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby wardy12345 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:26 pm

On the bbc it says their striking players are uninsured and can not train or play any idea why that is

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50383149
wardy12345
First Team
First Team

Postby The One » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:04 pm

wardy12345 wrote:On the bbc it says their striking players are uninsured and can not train or play any idea why that is

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50383149

Read the thread. They are not insured.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:14 pm

Dam it Bet365 have taken our Mac game off the site, perhaps a blessing lol
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:16 pm

Just watch. We will tonk Macclesfield. Their club will collapse. All results will be expunged.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:06 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:Just watch. We will tonk Macclesfield. Their club will collapse. All results will be expunged.

To"tonk" them you have to venture forward :roll:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:09 pm

with our crab like midfield passing more likely give them a crick neck
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Next