{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Chorley scorethread sponsored by Cup Glory

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Chorley scorethread sponsored by Cup Glory

Postby MOTG » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:59 pm

stagsfan6493 wrote:Drewe Broughton was embarrassing on the touch line, constantly laughing and shaking his head at the fan base.

The team fully deserved the boo’s they got, it was abysmal from start to finish.

:lol: Bring in David Icke to replace him :lol:
MOTG
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Beano » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:03 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:Steve (Hymas) - Move the dug outs back to the Bishop Street and remove the conflict area.

This is becoming Groundhog Day.

Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:06 pm

Beano wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:Steve (Hymas) - Move the dug outs back to the Bishop Street and remove the conflict area.

Beano, I am not hiding my head in the sand it’s just that since Evans moves the dug outs over to the West Stand Pandora’s box has been opened (The saying and not the friendly girl from Kirkby). This who abuses who and who gets carried away by it is and what will it lead to it is a ‘rinse and repeat’ circle, firstly Evans, then Flitcroft and now the Performance Supremo.

It is another distraction enabling some not to focus their energies towards the pitch and an excuse for some to not use their energies on the pitch.

Oh, to be fair from the photo, your Mrs has got a nice arse though I don’t know about the face!
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:56 pm

How funny is it that Evans moved the dugouts to make it more intimidating for the away manager, but our own managers get more stick than the opposition!
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:29 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:
Beano wrote:

Beano, I am not hiding my head in the sand it’s just that since Evans moves the dug outs over to the West Stand Pandora’s box has been opened (The saying and not the friendly girl from Kirkby). This who abuses who and who gets carried away by it is and what will it lead to it is a ‘rinse and repeat’ circle, firstly Evans, then Flitcroft and now the Performance Supremo.

It is another distraction enabling some not to focus their energies towards the pitch and an excuse for some to not use their energies on the pitch.

Oh, to be fair from the photo, your Mrs has got a nice arse though I don’t know about the face!

Errr......MALE ostrich!!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:01 am

Were the boos directed at the players or the manager ?
I'm totally agreeing moving dugouts back to bishop street but is it allowed to only be ours?
It's a very different game when you look from different heights and angles.
We might see the perfect ball in top of west stand but it's very hard to see when level on the pitch.
:coys:
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:09 am

I am Spartacus wrote:
Beano wrote:

To be honest, I was referring to the act of moving the dugouts would be ignoring the reasons for the fan/managerial friction.

But being as we’re getting personal ........ nah I can’t be bothered
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:25 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:How funny is it that Evans moved the dugouts to make it more intimidating for the away manager, but our own managers get more stick than the opposition!

it's the mansfield townway
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:45 am

Spiritater wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:How funny is it that Evans moved the dugouts to make it more intimidating for the away manager, but our own managers get more stick than the opposition!

it's the mansfield townway

It’s that the inner ring road?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:02 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Is an apology appropriate? I've got to say I was shocked -yes shocked- at the unjustified attack on a usually moderate poster.

Not from me - I don’t care what Cassellswasmagic thinks this must be impacting on players mental health. They are young men - booing doesn’t help

Am I happy no but some of the behaviour on the ground and comments on here are nothing short of disgraceful
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:06 pm

Beano wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:
Beano wrote:

To be honest, I was referring to the act of moving the dugouts would be ignoring the reasons for the fan/managerial friction.

But being as we’re getting personal ........ nah I can’t be bothered

Beano, I apologise if you took the last remark not in the way it was intended. Didn’t mean to be personal.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:14 pm

Evans inspired confidence, set his team out to win and thus got the crowd behind him. Lessons still to be learned by JD and his crew.

Moving the dugouts again is the wrong move. It's almost cowardly and admitting you can't fix things. Get us playing and showing desire to actually win games and there won't be any reason to move them. If he can't do that he shouldn't be manager.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:44 pm

Jamie wrote:

Evans inspired confidence, set his team out to win and thus got the crowd behind him. Lessons still to be learned by JD and his crew.

Moving the dugouts again is the wrong move. It's almost cowardly and admitting you can't fix things. Get us playing and showing desire to actually win games and there won't be any reason to move them. If he can't do that he shouldn't be manager.

:shock: Really? His tactics were the same Cox used in the conference and in the league and managed 12th. The reason there was no toxicity when Evans was here was because he had a good management cv. There are numerous stories from players who have played under him, it didn't read as though he inspired confidence. In fact it'd read to me that he bullied them into it. Now football is finally focusing on the mental health of the players, managers like Evans are a dying breed.

EDIT: actually, after re reading what you put I think you are on about the fans. In which case you are bang on, but it was his history that did that. We had a song about how well he'd got us playing, in all honesty it'd be the same if Cox had the same amount of cash as Evans did.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:41 am

Spireites play Chorley tomorrow
That’ll be interesting!
yellowstagsfan