{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Mystic Meg

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Mystic Meg

Postby Number63 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:11 pm

Do you ever think something is going to happen, don't tell anyone about it and then it does.

Well I thought I break that habit ( after all we are amongst friends)

This is only based a feeling....I have no inside information- you might argue no clue either- but I wouldn't be on my own there.

The radford's at the moment are sounding out a new manager.

The existing incumbent will leave in December leaving a few weeks for the new manager to take a view of the players and use the transfer window to make improvements.

Please don't boo me ....

:coys:
Last edited by Number63 on Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Not much matches Mansfield
Number63
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Re: Mystic Meg

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:47 am

Number63 wrote:Do you ever think something is going to happen, don't tell anyone about it and then it does.

This is only based a feeling....I have no inside information- you might argue no clue either- but I wouldn't be on my own there.

The radford's at the moment are sound out a new manager.

The existing incumbent will leave in December leaving a few weeks for the new manager to take a view of the players and use the transfer window to make improvements.

Please don't boo me ....

That’s all right, Drewe
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:04 am

Not so sure the Radfords are that bothered to be honest.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:34 am

oldweststander wrote:Not so sure the Radfords are that bothered to be honest.

I share your concern, OWS.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:36 am

I disagree,

they cleary are bothered or they wouldn't fly back when they do. They'll be able to watch the games via Ifollow and modern communications make life easy to aid owning the club.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:18 am

Chander, very simplistic view.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:24 am

Of course they are bothered.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:00 pm

oldweststander wrote:Chander, very simplistic view.

I genuinely think its that simplistic. There wouldn't be articles from Carolyn once a month, regular visits, rally calls from Radford if they weren't.

Now they have moved, they are just not as visible anymore, but do they need to be?

No doubt not getting promoted last season has hit them for 6
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:32 pm

Tell me, who was it that appointed JD. Its disappointment of their own making.
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby oldweststander » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:06 pm

The only good appointment by Mr Radford was Paul Cox, he was a horse for that particular course, the rest have been a let down in one form or another.

The Flitcroft decision was a knee jerk reaction, you certainly couldn't say that if he was to return JD to the academy, it's long overdue.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby MOTG » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:16 pm

Number63 wrote:Do you ever think something is going to happen, don't tell anyone about it and then it does.

The radford's at the moment are sounding out a new manager.

Please don't boo me ....

Is it magic mushroom time ?
MOTG
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:27 pm

bigalstag wrote:Tell me, who was it that appointed JD. Its disappointment of their own making.

The board ( with the exception of Carolyn ). Not only that they sacked a much better manager.

Even those who wanted DF out can see that.

Horrendous decision compounded by another horrendous decision.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:34 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
bigalstag wrote:Tell me, who was it that appointed JD. Its disappointment of their own making.

The board ( with the exception of Carolyn ). Not only that they sacked a much better manager.

What's that AA... you dont think they should of sacked Flitcroft. You've not mentioned it...

Sacking DF was subjective. Many disagree with you. I think we can safely say the vast majority thought replacing him with JD was a bad idea
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:45 pm

Amber Andy wrote:

David Flitcrofts last 17 league games yielded 22 points.
John Dempsters last 17 league games have yielded 20 points.

Imagine what could happen if (God forbid) fans actually backed the current manager!?
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:48 pm

Dan wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Imagine what could happen if (God forbid) fans actually backed the current manager!?

Flitcrofts last 17 games were so bad, he got the sack ;)
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:49 pm

Dan wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Thanks for the stats Dan.

They show, even during DF's worst period he was better than JD. :)
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:50 pm

Not really sure what point you were trying to make there Dan :lol:
Last edited by MTFCMusings on Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:50 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Not really sure what point you were trying to make there Dan :lol:

:lol: :lol:
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:52 pm

I think he meant Flitcroft's first 17 games, rather than his last surely? Or else his point makes no sense.

EDIT : Just checked, no he definitely meant it as he wrote it. Still not sure of the point!
Last edited by MTFCMusings on Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:54 pm

Jamie wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

What's that AA... you dont think they should of sacked Flitcroft. You've not mentioned it...

Sacking DF was subjective. Many disagree with you. I think we can safely say the vast majority thought replacing him with JD was a bad idea

Just reminding you Jamie, least you should forget.

On reflection I think more agree with me, given the current situation.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby mousemousemouse » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:54 pm

Right my thought is;

They have a minimum requirement for the first 6 months.

He’s just about scraping by. If it’s maintained until Jan then he’s gone.

If it gets much worse prior, then he’s gone

People are acting like JR is flipping moronic and built his empire by luck. He didn’t.

People are also acting like they don’t take an interest because they live in a different country. raspberry me, not everyone works in a factory or minimum wage office job; you can use Skype, VC and different ways to work. If you trace back Radfords history there is never (both Stags andinsurance) where he was acted over the top.

Sure, it’s pissing people off but I sure as raspberry wouldn’t spend tons of money paying of JD. Raffles will have a time limit and, when that is met, you know he will get someone in.

The time to panic is when don’t have money to spend, not when he doesn’t sack someone. Unless you think he’s a moron that likes pissing money up the wall?
mousemousemouse
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:01 pm

Dan wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

There’s just no way we can all watch this utter rammel every week and back Dempster. It’s awful. He’s showing no signs of being able to turn this around. Again, him starting Bishop, Tomlinson and Macca over other options at home to Chorley of all teams says it all about Dempster and his mindset. For most of last season under Flitcroft it was a joy to watch us play, however it’s a real chore watching us this season, especially at home.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby HU7stag » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:02 pm

Thanks for your thoughts, Carolyn.

mousemousemouse wrote:Right my thought is;

They have a minimum requirement for the first 6 months.

He’s just about scraping by. If it’s maintained until Jan then he’s gone.

If it gets much worse prior, then he’s gone

People are acting like JR is flipping moronic and built his empire by luck. He didn’t.

People are also acting like they don’t take an interest because they live in a different country. raspberry me, not everyone works in a factory or minimum wage office job; you can use Skype, VC and different ways to work. If you trace back Radfords history there is never (both Stags andinsurance) where he was acted over the top.

Sure, it’s pissing people off but I sure as raspberry wouldn’t spend tons of money paying of JD. Raffles will have a time limit and, when that is met, you know he will get someone in.

The time to panic is when don’t have money to spend, not when he doesn’t sack someone. Unless you think he’s a moron that likes pissing money up the wall?
Last edited by HU7stag on Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HU7stag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:03 pm

Cleveland_Stag wrote:
Dan wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

There’s just no way we can all watch this utter rammel every week and back Dempster. It’s awful. He’s showing no signs of being able to turn this around. Again, him starting Bishop, Tomlinson and Macca over other options at home to Chorley of all teams says it all about Dempster and his mindset. For most of last season under Flitcroft it was a joy to watch us play, however it’s a real chore watching us this season, especially at home.

What he said!
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:05 pm

Jesus Christ some of you are hard work. The point is that Flitcroft was the best manager we've ever had according to some on here & JD is the worst, yet in the MOST RECENT PERIOD of our club, they are only separated by just 2 points. So my point is don't let the FACTS get in the way of your dodgy opinions will you?!
Dan
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum