{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stagsnet report

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Stagsnet report

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:51 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:25 pm

I wonder why it was left so late to find out whether Shaugnessy was eligible? Seems weird for him to do the press conference in the week unless we didn't realise until the last minute.
Last edited by MTFCMusings on Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:33 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:I wonder why it was left so late to find out whether Shaugnessy was eligible? Seems weird for him to do the press conference in the week unless we didn't realised until the last minute.

from his interview on Tuesday in the press conference, Shaughnessy clearly expected to play.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:16 pm

my detailed report now on after going through the game again
https://stagsnet.net/match/reports/view ... tchid=1021
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Number63 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:18 pm

Thanks for the report
Not much matches Mansfield
Number63
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Chrisuknottm » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:22 am

Great objective report Martin - wish you would do the after match interviews and ask all the questions that you clearly observed that the rest of us would love to put the manager on the spot with rather than feed him the opportunity to trot out tired worn cliches
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:18 pm

I thought Ryan Sweeney was our MOM followed by Matt Preston and Conrad Logan.

I can't see how Otis Khan was our joint MOM with a 7 out of 10 as he was very ineffective. I think he only delivered one decent cross. He was also easily dispossessed several times. Part Time Pete was telling JD to get him off. :lol:

I think 6 out 10 for Matt Preston is also harsh for not picking a player up for one cross from which Chorley did not score. Kellan Gordon got 6 out of 10 against Salford and he was at fault for both goals.

I think Ryan Sweeney has been harshly treated in the marking recently. Only 6 out of 10 against Col U where he played well and scored a goal compared to 6.5 for Kellan Gordon who did not stop the cross for the third goal and who with MacDonald did not defend well against Col U's attacks down the left. Ryan was the top rated Stags player on Who Scored for that game with a 7.8 compared to Gordon's 6.3.

We all see games differently which makes it interesting and adds to the debate.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:20 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I thought Ryan Sweeney was our MOM followed by Matt Preston and Conrad Logan.

I can't see how Otis Khan was our joint MOM with a 7 out of 10 as he was very ineffective. I think he only delivered one decent cross. He was also easily dispossessed several times. Part Time Pete was telling JD to get him off. :lol:

I think 6 out 10 for Matt Preston is also harsh for not picking a player up for one cross from which Chorley did not score. Kellan Gordon got 6 out of 10 against Salford and he was at fault for both goals.

I think Ryan Sweeney has been harshly treated in the marking recently. Only 6 out of 10 against Col U where he played well and scored a goal compared to 6.5 for Kellan Gordon who did not stop the cross for the third goal and who with MacDonald did not defend well against Col U's attacks down the left. Ryan was the top rated Stags player on Who Scored for that game with a 7.8 compared to Gordon's 6.3.

We all see games differently which makes it interesting and adds to the debate.

Sweeney and Benning together on the left hand side of defence always seem to be a liability for me during games.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:28 pm

To be fair to Ryan Sweeney, he does have to deal with the big holes left on the left hand side of our defence at times due to Mal Benning bombing forward.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum