{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Always makes me laugh

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Always makes me laugh

Postby thefamilyvontrapp » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:44 pm

The time has come round again, this happens again and again and again!! It’s SIMPLE...

Players and fans moaning about the ‘toxic’ atmosphere at home games...!!!

Sorry guys but this is the reason why;

Play rubbish football with no direction commitment and quality = ‘toxic’ atmosphere

How do you solve this problem?

Change the above!!

There you go, problem solved...!!

It’s that simple!!
thefamilyvontrapp
First Team
First Team

Re: Always makes me laugh

Postby CassellsCap » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:36 pm

Away matches aren’t toxic because everyone that travels away always gets behind and supports ...the players react also
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:09 pm

I always thought it was Morecambe and Wise that made you laugh?
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:56 pm

CassellsCap wrote:Away matches aren’t toxic because everyone that travels away always gets behind and supports ...the players react also

And away from home fans are usually less expectant of a result or how we play. A point however its achieved is usually acceptable. The day out makes it, not usually the football.

Home matches are different. Not just for us either.

It would be great if everyone could get behind them. It would no doubt help but it needs a spark. We've had a few little ones and usually followed them up with guff, especially at home.

Under Cox the FA Cup did it and saved our season. You can pinpoint the moment away at Lincoln when it turned. After that the QLE band formed and home games were rocking from then. We need something. Yesterday was a great chance to score some goals at home, everyone was hopeful for a good game and he blew it before kick off which his negative team selection.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:13 am

Makes me smile how its now creeping into the sense of the home atmosphere all being down to the fans creating a toxic environment.

We didnt start the season disenchanted even if from my own view the managerial appointment hadnt helped.

Its been the performances and the lack of application that have deteriorated things. We didnt like the two Morecambe performances first off but that happens.....it started to change with the awful game management and the sheer capitulation at the Leyton Orient game and has continued since then. Plymouth, Cambridge, Colchester etc etc ....these are home defeats......we turn up and support but when the performances are abject , defensive, lacking structure......are we supposed to just accept it. Yes we support our Club....our team but that doesnt mean we have to be peasant subjects without the right of expressing opinions when things clearly arent right....

Why is our starting point to be worried about the opposition and play to protect a draw.???

Either play with the skill and passion of last years first half or simply win with pride or hopefully both then you will see change and total support.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum