{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Dempster post match & BBC highlights

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Dempster post match & BBC highlights

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:51 pm

That's all she wrote...

Last edited by Son Of Sherwood on Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Endeavoring to persevere since 1965 (8-1 home win against QPR)

Seal it, Larson
Son Of Sherwood
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: Dempster post match

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:54 pm

not even interested when drab words comes out his mouth tonight, heard it all so so many times before i’m sorry John i’m not bothered
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:59 pm

Said Chorley were only in it for about 60mins
They were in it for 94 and if it wasn’t for Logan again would have at least have got a well deserved replay
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:00 pm

Pretty short interview full of nothing.

Wasn't Stevo even allowed to ask his usual banal sycophantic questions?

"Why was there no penetration"

"Why did you leave Macca on for so long?"

"When things were clearly awful for the first 60 minutes why did you take so long to make any substitutions
?"

"When the game was crying out for Mellis why was he the third of three subs"

"Chorley didnt come to absolutely defend. ...why did we make such hard work of getting through them? "
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:05 pm

I could kinda understand Mellis, he had a recent injury. Having said that Danny had a worse one and came back early and got more minutes.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:06 pm

I’m in the “keep changing the manager is dumb” corner.

However Mr Dempster has completely lost the fans (and possibly some of the squad).

Regrettably, he should be replaced.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:08 pm

gazza1988 wrote:I could kinda understand Mellis, he had a recent injury. Having said that Danny had a worse one and came back early and got more minutes.

Agree to some extent Gazza but Mellis could have stood still in a five metre spot in the middle of the field and sprayed it around better than the other 10 put together
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby WVStag » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:10 pm

gazza1988 wrote:I could kinda understand Mellis, he had a recent injury. Having said that Danny had a worse one and came back early and got more minutes.

He doesn’t like Mellis. There’s no other explanation. He explained Mellis had been ill so he only trained Thursday & Friday, so he ‘had to take that into account’ when choosing who would replace Shaughnessy. At all levels of professional football, the best players are played when fit.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby adamstag » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:15 pm

He’s out of his depth.

I feel for him. He was put in the position and couldn’t really say no. It’s not working and everyone knows it.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:22 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:I’m in the “keep changing the manager is dumb” corner.

However Mr Dempster has completely lost the fans (and possibly some of the squad).

The comfort blanket of only one going down may extend the experiment until the end of the season.

I suppose JR needs to figure out the equation of money lost in gate receipts v paying off two management teams ( the current and previous one ).
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:23 pm

adamstag wrote:He’s out of his depth.

I feel for him. He was put in the position and couldn’t really say no. It’s not working and everyone knows it.

Why couldn't he say no ? The tragedy was that there was a vacancy in the first place.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:29 pm

Personally I'd be having Shaughnessy and Mellis as starters and that'd be my preferred duo, until January. Just don't get them to sit back and defend every time.

Also start CJ on the right wing, he's miles better than MacDonald who is supposedly a winger.

Please Demps stop parking the bus from the 1st kick of the game. We are clearly working on not conceding we can't shoot for toffee, we barely create anything. Yes, if we don't concede we can't lose. Equally we don't attack we can't score and can't win either.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:32 pm

The ‘can’t keep changing the manager’ argument shouldn’t even be part of the equation, it’s nonsense.

Evans left on his own accord, we sacked Flitcroft (rightly or wrongly) after we blew it big style twice. Both of them had plenty of time in their roles, it’s not like we’ve been getting rid every 3 months. But most importantly the only thing that should matter is whether the Manager is actually any good. You can’t keep somebody who clearly isn’t good enough in a job because ‘we can’t keep changing manager’. As you say, he’s lost the majority of the fans and 99% of the time when this happens the manager never goes on to be successful at that club.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby wardy12345 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:57 pm

Can we not move Dempster back to the youth team and bring in a manager it might be a few years to soon for him to be a manager
wardy12345
First Team
First Team

Postby WVStag » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:03 pm

BH_Stag wrote:

The ‘can’t keep changing the manager’ argument shouldn’t even be part of the equation, it’s nonsense.

Evans left on his own accord, we sacked Flitcroft (rightly or wrongly) after we blew it big style twice. Both of them had plenty of time in their roles, it’s not like we’ve been getting rid every 3 months. But most importantly the only thing that should matter is whether the Manager is actually any good. You can’t keep somebody who clearly isn’t good enough in a job because ‘we can’t keep changing manager’. As you say, he’s lost the majority of the fans and 99% of the time when this happens the manager never goes on to be successful at that club.

Spot on.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Dempster post match & BBC highlights

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:41 pm

Enjoy...

Endeavoring to persevere since 1965 (8-1 home win against QPR)

Seal it, Larson
Son Of Sherwood
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:11 pm

God, we look laborious. The midfield is below average. It supports neither the attack or defence.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:12 pm

Son Of Sherwood wrote:Enjoy...

Enjoy? I didn’t really first time round and nothing changed when watching the highlights.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby No Breaks Allowed » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:52 pm

BH_Stag wrote:

Totally agree with these comments! Keeping someone in a position because we can’t keep changing managers is also irresponsible. Last weeks game sealed it for me. The guys out of his depth, listening to him on Mansfield radio last night just confirmed it even more. The Radfords are delusional if they if think he’s going to get us promoted.
No Breaks Allowed
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Sneag » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:54 pm

Can't believe they managed to wring 2.20 of highlights out of that.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:18 pm

WVStag wrote:

He doesn’t like Mellis. There’s no other explanation. He explained Mellis had been ill so he only trained Thursday & Friday, so he ‘had to take that into account’ when choosing who would replace Shaughnessy. At all levels of professional football, the best players are played when fit.

During the phone in yesterday I believe he said that the Donahue and Mellis incident still makes his blood boil every time he thinks about it. That is still the reason he's not involved IMO.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:21 pm

What was their keeper doing for the goal :lol: talk about gift wrapped and it's not even December. Did he have a bet on 1-0 Mansfield?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:45 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
adamstag wrote:He’s out of his depth.

Why couldn't he say no ? The tragedy was that there was a vacancy in the first place.

Come on Andy, I think we all know if we were in JD’s position in the YT you’d give it a go.

A team/squad that came so close to promotion, best back line in the division etc. You’d 100% give it a go, there wouldn’t be a better chance for him.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:51 am

MTFCMusings wrote:
WVStag wrote:

During the phone in yesterday I believe he said that the Donahue and Mellis incident still makes his blood boil every time he thinks about it. That is still the reason he's not involved IMO.

Makes sense... JD probably knew the lad that was attacked from the youth team so perhaps has stronger lingering feelings about it. Doesn't make his treatment of Mellis right. This should be delt with and move on. If he cant then thats his problem to sort out. Hes letting his emotions effect things too much. Sack him or back him. Simple.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby one f in mansfield » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:55 am

Option A ) play them off the park with your skills
Option B) try and pinch a goal when they’re tired .
Option C) if you succeed in option B park the bus , my jobs at risk here .
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum