{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Chorley scorethread sponsored by Cup Glory

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Chorley scorethread sponsored by Cup Glory

Postby ParisStag » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:11 pm

There was also a moment when Mellis, CJ and OSJ were warming up while their player was preparing to take a corner. Mellis messed around giving him the ball and words were exchanged. Then OSJ was clearly chirping away at the corner taker while the ref delayed him taking it. He said something back, probably something like "shut up mate, you're a sub". When he took an awful corner, our subs all burst out laughing at him. Again its not the kind of attitude or level of professionalism I want to see from our players towards the opposition, especially semi-pros. We need to be classy on days like this, especially when we nearly got embarrassed. Those on the bench definitely need to be more humble.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:17 pm

ParisStag wrote:Bishop's absolutely stank the place out today with his attitude. In the first half his passing was terrible and then when he finally played a decent ball he immediately cupped his ear towards the fans. Then at the end, when the fans booed, he gestured towards the west stand and told them to shut up. Worst of all was his back and forth with the Chorley number 9, who he tangled with a few times. At one point they squared up and he started wafting his nose as if to say their player had bad breath. Childish nonsense. We need better quality and a better attitude from our senior players.

Agreed, thought his display was poor all round today. There’s been something off with Bishop this season that’s difficult to describe, other than his sub par performances.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:35 pm

Maybe that despite our huge budget we’re still relying on a 39 year old to run the midfield.

It’s a farce.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:45 pm

geoffhill wrote:At least the manager should realise two things.Bishop now past it Tomlinson not good enough.Next match Shaughnessy for Bishop and Mellis for Tomlinson.Thought Logan played well again saved a certain goal and made an excellent punch from a dangerous cross.Someone near me thought he should have caught the ball rather than punch it away.Tsk some people.

probably yorkshire stag.
;)
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:46 pm

Spot on ParisStag I saw that too. They were messing about in giving the ball to him. Not to manage the game because it was 0 0 from memory, but just because they wanted to.
I’ve posted on here before that the whole ‘warm up’ thing for the subs seems unprofessional and unfocused.

A guy near me pointed out that the Chorley (non league) routine at half time involved some cones and drills. Ours seemed to consist of chatting and kicking a ball around aimlessly.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby Chris M » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:47 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:

He's a faith healer. What else would you expect him to say?
Chris M
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:21 pm

adamstag wrote:Maybe that despite our huge budget we’re still relying on a 39 year old to run the midfield.

It’s a farce.

This.

We’ve needed additions in midfield for 3 years now and we’ve still not addressed it.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:37 pm

Drewe Broughton was embarrassing on the touch line, constantly laughing and shaking his head at the fan base.

The team fully deserved the boo’s they got, it was abysmal from start to finish.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:14 am

The One wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
chip63 wrote:Good to see Danny back from injury.
Good that we are in the second round draw.
Good to hear Logan playing well yet again.

:coys:

Some get it, some don't :lol:

Yep and when you chip and 1998 others are at future home games you can chat about how good we are .

I wasn't at the 1966 World Cup final but I was at West Ham in the fa cup and I chat about the World Cup.
Luckily for me who can't make the games at the moment I can read reports and views on this site.
You don't support your club home and away for 50 odd years without knowing you get these patches more often than good.
It's a very good side on paper who will come good and this a very good site that anyone is allowed to express their views.
Calling me without knowledge of my circumstances is offensive to me.

Good site
Good reports on games.
Great history of all games and players.
:coys:
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby one f in mansfield » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:46 am

ParisStag wrote:Bishop's absolutely stank the place out today with his attitude. In the first half his passing was terrible and then when he finally played a decent ball he immediately cupped his ear towards the fans. Then at the end, when the fans booed, he gestured towards the west stand and told them to shut up. Worst of all was his back and forth with the Chorley number 9, who he tangled with a few times. At one point they squared up and he started wafting his nose as if to say their player had bad breath. Childish nonsense. We need better quality and a better attitude from our senior players.

He also needs to improve his diving technique. His dive half way through the first half reminded us of the cheating buck toothed Uruguayans handball against us. Having to cheat against lower league opposition stinks of desperation.
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager

Postby skeglad » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:55 am

MTFCMusings wrote:

This is the guy that told me to stay the flip away...bless him.
Mr Motivator cant take negative feedback.
There Their They're
skeglad
First Team
First Team

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:00 am

skeglad wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

He’s a Bullsh***er. Full of himself. It’s obvious. If you can’t motivate yourself as a pro footballer it’s time to give up.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:18 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

Demented!

Best days work Broughton has done for a while is conniving a contract. High performance consultant?? :lol:
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:42 pm

victor A block wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

Demented!

Best days work Broughton has done for a while is conniving a contract. High performance consultant?? :lol:

Like I said a few days ago pray tell what he has done for the rubbish home form? We've lost even more since he joined than before him!!!
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:24 pm

D3D4's Roving Reporter's view of the game

http://d3d4football.com/stags-sneak-thr ... ch-report/
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:36 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
skeglad wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

He’s a Bullsh***er. Full of himself. It’s obvious. If you can’t motivate yourself as a pro footballer it’s time to give up.

If this is a reference to Drewe Broughtons publicised issues can you please justify yourself you disgraceful individual and can the moderators please take action. You should be banned for that post
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:05 am

Where is there a reference in the above post to DB's own personal issues. I think you're reading too much into that Yorkie.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:37 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:D3D4's Roving Reporter's view of the game

I was sat behind him for the game, he couldn’t believe how bad the football we played was considering the games he had seen last season.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:51 am

stagsfan6493 wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:D3D4's Roving Reporter's view of the game

I was sat behind him for the game, he couldn’t believe how bad the football we played was considering the games he had seen last season.

He's probably our next manager :)
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:15 am

yorkstag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:
skeglad wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

If this is a reference to Drewe Broughtons publicised issues can you please justify yourself you disgraceful individual and can the moderators please take action. You should be banned for that post

Calm down. It’s in reference to the previous post and not any other issues. He comes across in that way imo. I don’t know about his previous issues.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:35 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:
yorkstag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:
skeglad wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

Calm down. It’s in reference to the previous post and not any other issues. He comes across in that way imo. I don’t know about his previous issues.

Gentlemen .... Please!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:20 pm

Is an apology appropriate? I've got to say I was shocked -yes shocked- at the unjustified attack on a usually moderate poster.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:45 pm

Steve (Hymas) - Move the dug outs back to the Bishop Street and remove the conflict area.

This is becoming Groundhog Day.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:18 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:Steve (Hymas) - Move the dug outs back to the Bishop Street and remove the conflict area.

This is becoming Groundhog Day.

You could move the home team technical area onto the training pitch and you would be hard-pressed to notice.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:58 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Is an apology appropriate? I've got to say I was shocked -yes shocked- at the unjustified attack on a usually moderate poster.

Thanks Sandy. :P
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum