{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Chorley scorethread sponsored by Cup Glory

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Chorley scorethread sponsored by Cup Glory

Postby Random Hero » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:22 pm

adamstag wrote:If anyone, anyone comes away from that with anything positives they’re probably on some drug.

What an abolustely shambolic raspberryshow that was - no wonder we’ve gained 8 points from 9 home games. Playing like that it’s understandable - that performance would have resulted in a loss to every league 2 team.

Many more questions raised than asked.

If radford watchted that and believed that was acceptable I’d be surprised. It was abysmal

It will take a change of manager to get me back to Field Mill, and I watched Conference football for 5 years. Sick of having the pish taken out of me and my wallet
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:23 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
WVStag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:What a toxic atmosphere. boos after a win is unreal. Crap performance, but it's a results based business as everyone harps on about and we got the result.

Some get it, some don’t.

Is that your catchphrase?

If you like.

As someone else has said, look at the bigger picture. Try to look at something other than the result. Believe it or not, the performance matters.

I actually envy you, somewhat. Satisfied with such nonsense.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Random Hero » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:25 pm

WVStag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
WVStag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:What a toxic atmosphere. boos after a win is unreal. Crap performance, but it's a results based business as everyone harps on about and we got the result.

Some get it, some don’t.

If you like.

As someone else has said, look at the bigger picture. Try to look at something other than the result. Believe it or not, the performance matters.

This
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:28 pm

adamstag wrote:If anyone, anyone comes away from that with anything positives they’re probably on some drug.

What an abolustely shambolic raspberryshow that was - no wonder we’ve gained 8 points from 9 home games. Playing like that it’s understandable - that performance would have resulted in a loss to every league 2 team.

If radford watchted that and believed that was acceptable I’d be surprised. It was abysmal

Absolutely bang on.

Waiting is just delaying the inevitable and completely counterproductive. More despondent than ever this season after today’s display.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:28 pm

WVStag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
WVStag wrote:

Some get it, some don’t.

If you like.

I am not satisfied at all, but thanks for putting words in my mouth. The performance was cack, but we're through the second round so. We move on to next Saturday now.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:30 pm

Poor, poor, poor.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:31 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
WVStag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
WVStag wrote:

Some get it, some don’t.

If you like.

I am not satisfied at all, but thanks for putting words in my mouth. The performance was cack, but we're through the second round so. We move on to next Saturday now.

You sound like you’d be on the titanic and saying “oh well at least we didn’t hit the iceberg head on”
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:32 pm

Grateful for the win, utterly painful to watch
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:32 pm

There's always positives in a game, if you look hard enough.

Erm.......

Erm......

Well, we're through to the next round.

Erm......

Conrad had a good game, dealt with everything thrown at him.

Erm.....

The subs, although 2 out of the 3 should have been made at 2pm when the team sheet was announced were very effective and made an immediate impact.

Erm.......

Yeah, my head hurts now trying to think of another.

I'd do a list of negatives but I've got work on Monday morning.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:36 pm

At least the few of us weren’t shot down for recognising 8 weeks ago what we’re seeing now... oh wait.

I genuinely want to know from the Radford’s what the rationale for not removing him from his post are. There is not a single reason that would make sense.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Random Hero » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:43 pm

WVStag wrote:At least the few of us weren’t shot down for recognising 8 weeks ago what we’re seeing now... oh wait.

I genuinely want to know from the Radford’s what the rationale for not removing him from his post are. There is not a single reason that would make sense.

The Radfords don’t seem to be running the show nowadays.
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:44 pm

At least the manager should realise two things.Bishop now past it Tomlinson not good enough.Next match Shaughnessy for Bishop and Mellis for Tomlinson.Thought Logan played well again saved a certain goal and made an excellent punch from a dangerous cross.Someone near me thought he should have caught the ball rather than punch it away.Tsk some people.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:45 pm

WVStag wrote:At least the few of us weren’t shot down for recognising 8 weeks ago what we’re seeing now... oh wait.

Cost? They've just paid off Flitcroft from his contract (no idea on length but he must have had a year left at least.)

There's also Dempsters's contract that would need paying off, not to mention the cost of a new manager's contracts. At the very least we would be paying for 3 managers contracts this year.

In relation to that. They would have to write off this season so maybe their thinking is give Dempster the season and decide from there. It'd likely be a write off anyway.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:49 pm

geoffhill wrote:At least the manager should realise two things.Bishop now past it Tomlinson not good enough.Next match Shaughnessy for Bishop and Mellis for Tomlinson.Thought Logan played well again saved a certain goal and made an excellent punch from a dangerous cross.Someone near me thought he should have caught the ball rather than punch it away.Tsk some people.

Bishop still has it, he’s just being mismanaged.

As I keep saying, play him 1 out of 2 games like Fergie did with scholes, play him every game you get a poorer return
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:52 pm

What a shower that was. 2 defensive midfielders and two tight 'wingers' against a poor but spirited side. Could we have been anymore negative.

Yes the atmosphere was toxic but its because everyone was baffled as to why, any one (or more) of CJ, Mellis or OSJ didnt start.

We were impotent. Side to side and backwards. Nothing from the midfield, naff all from Macca. Khan tried but we lacked width, tempo, movement up front, quality when we did attempt crosses or balls in. What a joke we have become.

We arent a good passing side. We arent then direct or pressing. We just turn up, knock it about in safe areas. Do just enough to make a few chances but then have no quality or real desire to make something happen.

Starting two defensive midfielders today was a joke. Dempster has shown he doesn't have a clue. Mellis needs game time, ten minutes. TEN... when were struggling to unlock a side we should beat 9/10 times.

Time for someone who actually has a plan. Has a style of play and who can help our players improve. The crossing ability of our full backs - the only two wide players we use - is simply not up to professional standards.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:54 pm

Pleased to be in the next round though :)
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:56 pm

Jamie wrote:What a shower that was. 2 defensive midfielders and two tight 'wingers' against a poor but spirited side. Could we have been anymore negative.

Yes the atmosphere was toxic but its because everyone was baffled as to why, any one (or more) of CJ, Mellis or OSJ didnt start.

We were impotent. Side to side and backwards. Nothing from the midfield, naff all from Macca. Khan tried but we lacked width, tempo, movement up front, quality when we did attempt crosses or balls in. What a joke we have become.

We arent a good passing side. We arent then direct or pressing. We just turn up, knock it about in safe areas. Do just enough to make a few chances but then have no quality or real desire to make something happen.

Starting two defensive midfielders today was a joke. Dempster has shown he doesn't have a clue. Mellis needs game time, ten minutes. TEN... when were struggling to unlock a side we should beat 9/10 times.

Time for someone who actually has a plan. Has a style of play and who can help our players improve. The crossing ability of our full backs - the only two wide players we use - is simply not up to professional standards.

Need a lie down. Agree with every word. :lol:
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:57 pm

That performance was so poor you really had to see it to believe it, Mellis Rose CJ all should have been on from the start to not have started with mellis was unforgivable!

It’s very sad to say but we won that game even though we have John Dempster as manager, the only plus point we must take as fans was that John Radford watched that game live
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:58 pm

Jamie wrote:What a shower that was. 2 defensive midfielders and two tight 'wingers' against a poor but spirited side. Could we have been anymore negative.

Completely agree, particularly with regards to our playing style. Percentage football at its finest. Knocking it long, the classic Sunday league shout of ‘turning them round’ with a channel ball and hoping to capitalise from there.

The type of of football we displayed today (and all season) is achieved by delivering instructions, not coaching. And there is a MASSIVE difference between the two.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Dp1976 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:58 pm

What a toxic atmosphere. boos after a win is unreal. Crap performance, but it's a results based business as everyone harps on about and we got the result.

And that’s from those who aren’t already cheesed off and stayed at home
Dp1976
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby WVStag » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:59 pm

Completely agree, particularly with regards to our playing style. Percentage football at its finest. Knocking it long, the classic Sunday league shout of ‘turning them round’ with a channel ball and hoping to capitalise from there.

The type of of football we displayed today (and all season) is achieved by delivering instructions, not coaching. And there is a MASSIVE difference between the two. Coaching a side is meticulous work- something Dempster and his staff are clearly not capable of.
Last edited by WVStag on Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MTFCMAD » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:59 pm

Random Hero wrote:

Need a lie down. Agree with every word. :lol:

I can’t beleive it but I actually agree 100% with a post by Jamie.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:00 pm

Again, couldn’t agree more.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:03 pm

It was a dreadful performance, other Maynard getting a good poacher's goal the game did not have a single positive.

I don't think I've ever felt so bad about a win.

It wasn't like Chorley even came to park the bus, we were just that bad. A remotely decent Conference side would have had our pants down today.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:07 pm

Good to see Danny back from injury.
Good that we are in the second round draw.
Good to hear Logan playing well yet again.

:coys:
chip63
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum