{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Carolyn Q&A on instagram

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Carolyn Q&A on instagram

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:55 pm

the nature on instagram makes it tricky to post on here as it's written.

So I've transcribed a few of the questions and tried to described the emojis:

Q&A with Carolyn Radford on Instagram, Thursday 7 Nov 2019

Q: When are you sacking Dempster?
Carolyn: This is always a possibility in football. Let’s wait and see how the results go!

Q: What are the Board’s aims for the season? There seems to be conflicting views.
Carolyn: Promotion!! We have one of the top budgets, but most important thing is that the club is running well. We all want success.

Q: Does John regret sacking Flitcroft?
Carolyn: John never has regrets, but does learn from his mistakes (winking emoji)

Q: Would you ever sell up and live abroad?
Carolyn: I’m far too emotionally involved with the club to ever sell up before I’ve achieved all that I want! We both want all our businesses to be as successful as each other (love emoji). Maybe in a few years when we are Premier League we will sell up and buy a super yacht (winking emoji)

Q: When’s the hotel and stand being built?
Carolyn: The decision on this will be in March. Stay tuned (licking lips emoji)
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: Carolyn Q&A on instagram

Postby hucknallstag » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:28 pm

from the response to the first question,why dont they just sack him?its hardly a massive pat on the back is it?what a waste of half a season fgs!!!!
hucknallstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:50 pm

Mine was the second question, what are the boards aim. You’ve missed the first word of her reply Martin which was ‘PROMOTION!’.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:55 pm

I had a quick chat with JR after the Walsall game. He still wants promotion and said he was still really frustrated that we had come so close in the last two seasons.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:10 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Mine was the second question, what are the boards aim. You’ve missed the first word of her reply Martin which was ‘PROMOTION!’.

thank you. Amended
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby The One » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:33 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I had a quick chat with JR after the Walsall game. He still wants promotion and said he was still really frustrated that we had come so close in the last two seasons.

So he sacked DF and appointed Dempster ? Masterstroke.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:53 pm

The One wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I had a quick chat with JR after the Walsall game. He still wants promotion and said he was still really frustrated that we had come so close in the last two seasons.

It wasn't just JR's decision. In the summer, we'd been burnt twice by giving experienced managers war chests and achieving nothing so you can see why they wanted to try and promote someone from within. It's not working at the minute really but the blame doesn't solely lie with JR.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:24 pm

Well, it does. Because he's the majority vote.

He turned his back on all his good work and totally changed tac.

Massively misread the script here.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:43 pm

The questions regarding Dempster’s future and if JR regrets sacking DF really doesn’t sit well with me.

I don’t think JD should be the manager as I’ve not been impressed at all by what I’ve seen but it just doesn’t sit well with me how open our CEO is about the future of him and the appointment in general.

Anyone else feel this?
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:55 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
The One wrote:

It wasn't just JR's decision. In the summer, we'd been burnt twice by giving experienced managers war chests and achieving nothing so you can see why they wanted to try and promote someone from within. It's not working at the minute really but the blame doesn't solely lie with JR.

I do know that,also that CR wanted to keep D F. Your point is ?
So playing good football geting to playoffs and a buzz around the club was nothing? It was better than dross served up now.

CR states we have top budget, fact, and we have given it to a rookie manager.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:59 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:The questions regarding Dempster’s future and if JR regrets sacking DF really doesn’t sit well with me.

I don’t think JD should be the manager as I’ve not been impressed at all by what I’ve seen but it just doesn’t sit well with me how open our CEO is about the future of him and the appointment in general.

Anyone else feel this?

Its like doing a cryptic crossword without a pen, lots of questions that are vague, whilst the club are miles off promotion contenders.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:10 am

What's the cap on spending for league 2 ? 55% of income.
We've or should I say they have tried spending money on the best managers available.
I think this year they've put the money into players.
We have the squad but do they need the manager who can get the best from them.
Sorry but I'm blaming the players so far. Only Khan is showing the desire to improve.
Hopefully a good cup run in the fa cup can give us more money in January to improve the midfield and manager if needed.
55% of winnings can go to improvement.
:coys:
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:22 am

The One wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
The One wrote:

I do know that,also that CR wanted to keep D F. Your point is ?
So playing good football geting to playoffs and a buzz around the club was nothing? It was better than dross served up now.

CR states we have top budget, fact, and we have given it to a rookie manager.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, this place was toxic after the play off loss and nearly everyone on here wanted flitcroft sacked. We weren't playing good football after Christmas and we were in pretty bad form, we chucked away our best chance at getting promotion in years big time when it seemed so easy with multiple games to go.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby yaxhamstag » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:45 am

Not sure that’s true re nearly everyone wanting DF sacked. I think we were largely split on this and while the majority were calling for his head, a lot (me included) saw the good he had done and were happy to give him another crack.
A careful man tries to dodge the bullets, while a happy man takes a walk
yaxhamstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:04 am

The reason that JR got rid of DF was clearly that he was furious that he'd blown it two seasons running. Ironically JR might have been better off giving JD the last 12 games after Steve Evans left.

We need to move on. There's no point JR getting rid of JD unless he has a good replacement lined up. I like JD and would love him to succeed but the next two games are massive for him as I pointed out at the time of the FA Cup draw.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby hucknallstag » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:46 pm

id agree giving him the job when SE jumped ship would have made sense,everything was on target and nothing really wanted changing,he may have got us over the line largely due to player power,however,his appointment after a massive dissapointment at the end of the season has put too much pressure on a already un tried manager.whos to say he wont go on to learn his trade slowly and become a decent manager?just that this moment in time is not the right fit,experience is.
hucknallstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby SINA STAG » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:12 pm

Not one person asked her about Nathan Jones and their meeting at the Moor Hotel......

Missed a chance to put this to bed........
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:48 pm

SINA STAG wrote:Not one person asked her about Nathan Jones and their meeting at the Moor Hotel......

Why didn't you?
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:24 pm

SINA STAG wrote:Not one person asked her about Nathan Jones and their meeting at the Moor Hotel......

Not necessarily. It could be that someone did ask, but she chose not to answer.
Last edited by WVStag on Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:30 pm

and your earlier post:
Subject: Radio Mansfield, Friday night....

SINA STAG wrote:Question

What does Glover actually bring to the team......

Would you step back down to the youth set up if the board wants to change the management team.

Did you meet Nathan Jones after his interview on Monday at the Moore Hotel ?

I'm not surprised no one asked her. Because no-one believed you that they interviewed Nathan Jones at "the Moore Hotel" on Monday :lol:
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby SINA STAG » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:36 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:

and your earlier post:

Would you step back down to the youth set up if the board wants to change the management team.

I'm not surprised no one asked her. Because no-one believed you that they interviewed Nathan Jones at "the Moore Hotel" on Monday :lol:

You move in circles closer than mine to do with the Stags Martin but it's not what you know but who you know.......... Allegedly :idea: :idea: :idea:
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:43 pm

SINA STAG wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

and your earlier post:

You move in circles closer than mine to do with the Stags Martin but it's not what you know but who you know.......... Allegedly :idea: :idea: :idea:

If you'd just done a little bit of homework, you might have fooled a few people. Like saying it happened on a day when John and Carolyn weren't travelling abroad.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby chip63 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:20 pm

Made me laugh
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:50 pm

Or ... “ what was it about multi-millionaire John Radford that first attracted you to him?”
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:10 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:Or ... “ what was it about multi-millionaire John Radford that first attracted you to him?”

you do realise that CR was mega wealthy before she met him...
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum