{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Has he gone yet ? YES

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Has he gone yet ? YES

Postby The One » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:48 am

Another day has Dempster not gone yet. He should resign if he thinks anything of the club.
Out of his depth before we kicked a ball in anger. Reading this site he has lost the fanbase
The One
Manager
Manager

Re: Has he gone yet ?

Postby wardy12345 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:12 am

Let’s hope so, im not fussed about watching drab, negative, clueless football
wardy12345
First Team
First Team

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:18 am

nice idea, didn’t work, all the time, money & fantastic work put in by the Radfords is now being undone by the board allowing this mistake to carry on, he is out of his depth, you are now going to lose fans after working so hard to get them back, put the clubs best interest first and remove him please.
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:29 am

He won’t be gone anytime soon.

Until JR & CR start watching this rubbish week in week out they won’t realise.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:34 am

Foresttownstag wrote:He won’t be gone anytime soon.

Until JR & CR start watching this rubbish week in week out they won’t realise.

There was a crisis in the Directors box yesterday though when one of the security guys had to find a rug for one of the lady's cold knees......lets not worry about the clueless manager and his sidekick (what DOES he bring?????) , the rubbish being served up and the sheer resignation and apathy in the crowd
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:37 am

Don't think he'll be gone for some time yet.

I just accepted that we're poor this season.

My vociferous anger toward this appointment died down when I realised that

A. The season was a total write off
B. That he wouldn't ever get the sack

Sacking him for football reasons is pointless now because we won't challenge and we won't be in big trouble of getting relegated.

The reason to sack him would be to appease fans who are now primarily against the manager who are getting very discontented.

By not sacking him now, Radford is almost sticking 2 fingers up at the fans.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:39 am

No matter whether or not ,he is doing his job well or not he deserves more respect than to be called dumpster by some of the cretins on here ,why cant people just treat the man with the respect he deserves ,he may be failing ,but i doubt its through lack of effort ,its just not needed
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby steiner » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:49 am

spanishstag wrote:No matter whether or not ,he is doing his job well or not he deserves more respect than to be called dumpster by some of the cretins on here ,why cant people just treat the man with the respect he deserves ,he may be failing ,but i doubt its through lack of effort ,its just not needed

Agreed, Was there really any need to resort to childish idiotic name calling?
The post resembles something written by a 10 year old having a tantrum.
steiner
First Team
First Team

Postby Spiritater » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:59 am

Pretty poor from a mod :oops:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:15 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:Don't think he'll be gone for some time yet.

Sacking him for football reasons is pointless now because we won't challenge and we won't be in big trouble of getting relegated.

The reason to sack him would be to appease fans who are now primarily against the manager who are getting very discontented.

There are plenty of good footballing reasons to sack him now.

- Still could easily get in the top 7. We're only 7/8 points from the POs with 26 to play.
- Gives someone time and 2 windows to assess and tweak the squad.

JR clearly isn't trying to upset fans. That's just you trying to stir something. He does need to accept his mistake though. It was a risky appointment that hasn't worked. The longer they leave it the more their credibility drops.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:20 am

Let's look at our manager history under Radford. Holdsworth was manager when John took over and lasted 2 months. If I remmeber rightly Holdsworth started that season fairly well but had 1 win in 8 when he was sacked in November that year.

Duncan Russell was appointed manager, he managed mid table and a FA trophy final. His contract was not renewed (although there was strong rumours that Radford wanted to give him a chance and keep him on but the board voted against it) and he left after 6 months at the end of that season.

Paul Cox was named manager, he finished 3rd and 1st in his first 2 seasons with us but there were calls for him to be sacked by the fans and even one member of the board who publically slated the manager. Anyway Cox had 3 and a half years at the club before being sacked in November and replaced by Murray.

Murray had 2 full years before being sacked in November (spotting the pattern yet?)

Steve Evans took over and he abandoned ship in February 2018

Flitcroft took over and managed 8th and 4th before being sacked at the end of last season.

Demps is our current manager.

We've been though 6 managers in 9 years. The sackings largely came towards the end of November, but don't get too exited, pretty much all managers have had at least a full season before being up for the sack. So if history is to repeat itself then expect Dempster to still be in charge in 12 months time, unless results go horrifically wrong. Don't forget that Cox had a similar start to ours in both his first 2 seasons and turned it around. Radford will be hoping for the same again. The league is the tightest it's been for a while with no stand out side yet to breakaway at the top. A purple patch of results could see us climbing the table, in equal measure though and poor results can see a gap opening up to the top and even see us falling down the table.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:27 am

Spiritater wrote:Pretty poor from a mod :oops:

Apologies, but really peed off at how it went yesterday. No shape, bad use of subs. Colchester could have got more.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:32 am

While we have certain members on that board, dempster will be here for the whole season.

This whole project has gone tits up and some people need to have a ego check.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:33 am

The One wrote:

Apologies, but really peed off at how it went yesterday. No shape, bad use of subs. Colchester could have got more.

The bad use of subs could be forgiven if it was a one off but it’s a common theme.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:38 am

Foresttownstag wrote:
The One wrote:

The bad use of subs could be forgiven if it was a one off but it’s a common theme.

They even cocked the numbers up when subbing, it shown on board No 8 replaced by No8 for Mellis and Shaunessy number shown (he walked off) for the macca substitution.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:39 am

Gazza, let's not forget DR got the job because we beat Worksop 5 nil when he was caretaker. JR made a silly comment and followed it through. We wasted another season waiting for him to work out how his DVD player worked.

I have no real faith in JR or his board to make the right call. JDs appointment was a mistake but with them not watching us or being there day to day, the likes of Hymas are there and hes JDs biggest fan.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:45 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:Don't think he'll be gone for some time yet.

It would be a good time to get a new manager in. Most are already resigned to the season being a write off, so a new gaffer won’t have immediate pressure to get us up this season. He would have 2 months to assess before January, and then has the second half of the season to put his stamp on things and get ready for the summer before we reset for next season. If he could salvage anything from the season after this dreadful start it’s a bonus.

Get a manager in who has some proper credentials, can actually coach and improve the players, and can implement a proper playing style.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:46 am

Jamie wrote:Gazza, let's not forget DR got the job because we beat Worksop 5 nil when he was caretaker. JR made a silly comment and followed it through. We wasted another season waiting for him to work out how his DVD player worked.

I have no real faith in JR or his board to make the right call. JDs appointment was a mistake but with them not watching us or being there day to day, the likes of Hymas are there and hes JDs biggest fan.

Hymas shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near the boardroom.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:47 am

steiner wrote:
spanishstag wrote:No matter whether or not ,he is doing his job well or not he deserves more respect than to be called dumpster by some of the cretins on here ,why cant people just treat the man with the respect he deserves ,he may be failing ,but i doubt its through lack of effort ,its just not needed

Jesus lads. He’s a big boy, I don’t think he’s going to be bothered by a few people calling him Dumpster. :lol: and if he is, he should tell the teacher next time it happens.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Jamie » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:54 am

stagsfan6493 wrote:
Jamie wrote:Gazza, let's not forget DR got the job because we beat Worksop 5 nil when he was caretaker. JR made a silly comment and followed it through. We wasted another season waiting for him to work out how his DVD player worked.

Hymas shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near the boardroom.

Hes paid his money in and put a lot of time into the club. Hes as valuable a board member as anyone else but that's all he should be... It feels and hears from various reports and sources that hes got too much power and has caused problems with previous managers. The power / position seems to have badly managed.

How can a board function when the Chairman and CEO are AWOL, 2 other directors are only there because of nepotism and the other directors are only involved because they put cash in years ago... Its not exactly the recipe for a great football club board is it...

This wont be popular, but if JR/CR no longer want to run the club they should appoint someone capable as CEO and let them do it properly from the inside. Clear out or stand down the dead wood. Give the likes of hymas a vote as a director should have but have a CEO who has the mandate to run the club and be the figure head and keep the egos of board members in check.
Last edited by Jamie on Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:55 am

I can’t believe with this squad and the high hopes we had of what we should achieve, the season is realistically over by Bonfire Night. Most could see it, but not most of the board. Incredible.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:56 am

DR get's a bad press IMO.

He inherited the worst squad ever assembled at Field Mill.

He took that dreadful squad to a Wembley final for the first time in 24 years only to then lose key playees because no one in the back office at the club had bothered to read the T&Cs on loan players.

Despite it being the worst game of football at Wembley ever, we were 30 seconds away from a penalty shootout lottery.

Granted he served up football & gave interviews that could send a glass eye to sleep, but you have to weigh that against the hand he was dealt.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:00 am

WVStag wrote:
steiner wrote:

Jesus lads. He’s a big boy, I don’t think he’s going to be bothered by a few people calling him Dumpster. :lol: and if he is, he should tell the teacher next time it happens.

Was flipflop, used most of last season ok then?
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:05 am

The One wrote:
WVStag wrote:
steiner wrote:

Was flipflop, used most of last season ok then?

Yeh - it’s really bright to call people names
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:20 am

Jones is on his way to the One Call
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum