{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Bury FC Courtcase

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Bury FC Courtcase

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:44 am

gazza1988 wrote:If Bury were to get any reprieve it would be they are to take the 2nd relegation spot from league 2 and start with a 20 point deduction.

The other 71 EFL clubs have blown Bury’s request out of the water.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:44 am

Jimstag wrote:Feels for the fans who didn’t have much say in what the owners were doing to their club. When they realised it was too late and did what they could.

However I think even they will agree that their owner has pushed the limits and if he got away with it I would expect many more to push their luck to make a few quid. A president had to be set. It only take 1 to ruin it for the rest of us.

We are customers loyal to a specific brand. In the same way as any business if it is mismanaged it will ultimately incur financial difficulties and potentially cease trading.

Thomas Cook customers who had holidays booked didn't get a say in their holidays being cancelled much in the same way as we wouldn't get a say if god forbid we looked like going out of business.

It all comes down to the owner and their personal reasons for ownership. The only way we can have a say is by buying a seat at the table and thats only if you have the sustainable funds to do so and are permitted by the existing board to invest.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:05 pm

It looks as if the EFL is finally considering points deductions for clubs that do not pay their players on time.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... wages-bury
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:49 pm

From the article:

“If rogue clubs given 30 days to comply don’t toe the line then points [should be] deducted there and then. Once that becomes policy nobody will try again because what’s the point? As it stands you can sign Messi, promise him the earth, not pay him but win games and get promoted"

Not sure Messi would exactly feel the same way about playing in League Two.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby wayno cordiniho » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:42 pm

NorthLondonStag wrote:From the article:

“If rogue clubs given 30 days to comply don’t toe the line then points [should be] deducted there and then. Once that becomes policy nobody will try again because what’s the point? As it stands you can sign Messi, promise him the earth, not pay him but win games and get promoted"

Not sure Messi would exactly feel the same way about playing in League Two.

He couldn’t do it at Morecambe on a Tuesday night
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:44 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:If Bury were to get any reprieve it would be they are to take the 2nd relegation spot from league 2 and start with a 20 point deduction.

The other 71 EFL clubs have blown Bury’s request out of the water.

True but that was to remain in the EFL. I'm talking about them going into the national league
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:10 am

Bury FC could be wound up tomorrow

Forever Bury Statement 14/10/2019 (Supporters Trust)

We regret to inform the supporters of Bury Football Club that the interested party who has been working with Forever Bury on a proposed bid to buy the club has confirmed this is no longer a viable prospect for them.

As matters have unfolded and the necessary due diligence has been undertaken, the complex, complicated and financially distressed situation at Bury Football Club has resulted in their decision to stand back from further discussions.

Resulting from this news, Forever Bury will not now be putting forward a legal defence against the HMRC winding up petition on Wednesday 16th October 2019, as we believe there is no longer adequate evidence to suggest a meaningful case could be made.

We will update you further as developments unfold.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:35 am

AFC Bury. Step 9 start again.

Interesting that so many clubs in the GM area have been in serious financial clarts, Stockport, Bolton, Bury & now Oldham. Yet the class of 92 vanity project put their money into a club with no (league) history and no fan base.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:37 am

Sneag wrote:AFC Bury. Step 9 start again.

Interesting that so many clubs in the GM area have been in serious financial clarts, Stockport, Bolton, Bury & now Oldham. Yet the class of 92 vanity project put their money into a club with no (league) history and no fan base.

Maybe Salfords financial position was less complicated than the Bury's of this world.

At the end of the day it's their money and their project.

There is very little sentiment in football these days.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:47 am

I think you mean LEVEL 9 or Step 5 of non league which is North West Counties League. Same level as AFC Mansfield are this season.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Dan » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:41 pm

Amber Andy wrote:

Maybe Salfords financial position was less complicated than the Bury's of this world.

Both Neville's mum & dad worked at Bury for 30+ years so you would've thought they would've bought bury & built them up. But then I do understand why they bought Salford & that's because most of them grew up there.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:29 pm

Dan wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Both Neville's mum & dad worked at Bury for 30+ years so you would've thought they would've bought bury & built them up. But then I do understand why they bought Salford & that's because most of them grew up there.

It might be all about timing. There probably was no option or limited options to purchase a lower league team in GM at the time of their project inception several years ago.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:23 am

Amber Andy wrote:

I have.no qualms about clubs going in and.out.of the league. It's what keeps it fresh.

Fleetwood Crawley FGR, all sides with non league history that have done well in the league.

We vanished for 5 long years, but we came back. The relegation of Tranmere and Bristol Rovers did them no harm overall.

You don't want the football league to stagnate and big clubs falling away and Salford coming through getting way above their station keeps us talking I suppose.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:40 pm

Good post AWC. Like many I remember the old Division 4 days of the 60s and 70s with clubs like Bradford Park Avenue...Workington...Barrow all finishing in the bottom two year after year but always re elected by their fellow clubs in pacts of friendship.

I honestly can't remember when automatic relegation and consequent promotion from the then Conference come in but no one can surely deny that it's been a good thing.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby The One » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:10 pm

Whoever gets drawn with Bury in cup, gets a bye.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:21 pm

The One wrote:Whoever gets drawn with Bury in cup, gets a bye.

Bury are not in the draw. I believe the last team out of the hat will get a bye though.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:35 pm

I agree AWC. On a similar note, it always strikes me as being odd that a fair few EFL team fans attack the Premier League for pulling the ladder up from EFL teams, whilst wanting to do the exact same thing to non league teams. Astounding hypocrisy.
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:42 pm

no, as I said on the FA Cup thread a few days ago, Bury were thrown out in August.

The last team left in the hat will get a bye
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50076272
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby The One » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:37 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:

no, as I said on the FA Cup thread a few days ago, Bury were thrown out in August.

The last team left in the hat will get a bye
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50076272

Pedant. They do not use a hat either
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:26 pm

That’s what happened in the youth cup draw. Ironically Bolton got a bye into the next round.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see that happen in the proper FAC draw either...
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:11 am

The winding up of Bury FC has been adjourned for 14 days.

It now looks like a lot of Bury fans want the club to be wound up so they can get on with the formation of a phoenix club.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50069246
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:45 pm

Watching the Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Committee debating the Administration of Football Clubs.

https://www.parliamentlive.tv/Event/Ind ... 3ef941bac9
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:11 pm

"The Bury FC Memorabilia are not in Mr Dale's hands and have been protected by the supporters for the future" - Barry Roth of
ForeverBury (giving evidence at Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Committee). That's good news.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:39 pm

"There were two loans totalling £2.5 million from Capital Bridging Finance Solutions Ltd. Only 60% of the money went into the club's bank account. The other 40% went as an introductory fee. Nobody knows who it was paid to. The loan owed to Capital Bridging Finance by Bury FC secured on the ground was standing at £3.7 million by the time of the CVA with interest at £1,453 per day." - Barry Roth, Forever Bury (giving evidence to the Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Committee).

The response of a member of the Committee describes the loan "shady" at best and that you would have got a better rate of interest from a loan shark.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Sweden Stag » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:02 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:Good post AWC. Like many I remember the old Division 4 days of the 60s and 70s with clubs like Bradford Park Avenue...Workington...Barrow all finishing in the bottom two year after year but always re elected by their fellow clubs in pacts of friendship.

I honestly can't remember when automatic relegation and consequent promotion from the then Conference come in but no one can surely deny that it's been a good thing.

came into force in the 1986-87 season.
Stockholm, July 4, 2008, 15.00 GMT. Good news came, K.H. gone. March 1, 2012. Ground purchased.
Sweden Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum