{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Oldham Scorefred no sponser found

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Oldham Scorefred no sponser found

Postby Showaddywaddy » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:11 am

Coming from someone who wanted the manager gone I’ve got to say a huge well done yesterday. Putting Shaugnassey in front of the back four instead
as part of a back five was a brilliant tactical decision.

Even at 11 v 11 he was the spare man and used the ball quite superbly all afternoon.

I thought the midfield 4 was set up as Shaugnassey behind Bish and Macca with Khan in front of them instead of Macca right and Khan left.

Anyway fantastic result, some entertaining football and that corner took one hell of a turning.

Well Done Demps.
More People Use Sankey Than For Any Other Reason
Showaddywaddy
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:26 am

NG17_stag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
NG17_stag wrote:
mousemousemouse wrote:Top class for Andy Cook to throw the ball to Jimmy and tell him to take it

Cook needed to step up and get a goal, especially now Danny Rose might be out. Annoyed he didn’t want it.

Why are you annoyed that an experienced striker gave a youth player a chance to grab his first league goal and his second in as many games?

We know cook needs a goal, but he is getting in good positions and it'll come soon.

Mal offered the ball to Cook who refused. Mal then gave it to Knowles who took it on, and fair play to him. I’m not annoyed Knowles scored obviously, I’m annoyed that Cook didn’t want to step up first. He’s missed 3 sitters and a penalty in his time here so far, we need him to start scoring alongside Maynard, and as such, today (under no pressure as we’d already wrapped the game up) he should’ve stepped up and got his first goal to kick on the rest of his season!

Cook has missed his last 3 penalties
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:45 am

Spiritater wrote:Oddly Chrisuknottm hasn't posted at all about the game, I bet he's absolutely crestfallen he's not able to stoke the flames in the Dempster Out pyre for another week :oops:

:lol: :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:47 am

Spiritater wrote:Oddly Chrisuknottm hasn't posted at all about the game, I bet he's absolutely crestfallen he's not able to stoke the flames in the Dempster Out pyre for another week :oops:

I don't know Chris so can't answer for him, but as a vocal 'dempster out' campaigner to date I thought I'd step in.

The thing is Spiro, is that yesterdays kind of performance and result shouldn't be 'once in a blue moon' with this squad.

The fact that we haven't provided those kind of levels yet this season, having played Morecambe, Orient, Stevenage, and Scunthorpe still adds questions over the manager. Why are we still trying out ideas. Turns out it was a good idea to change shape. We just need wins consistently now and that's Dempsters job to work out how to do that.

For me, this squad should be up there in the league and we should be seeing attacking performances like that on the regular. The fact that we battered a team, with what was Dempster full throttle performance makes me think why haven't we done that to the other poor sides that we've play?

I know we might not be able to smash every team 6-1, but it'd be great to watch if we tried to.

As stated, I do think this squad can and should be challenging, and yesterday has proved to me that that belief is correct, so it's up to Dempster to deliver now. I hope he makes me look a fool come May, I really do.

Onwards and upwards to 'Ooh-aargh FGR'
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:00 am

Rob wrote:
Sneag wrote:Oldham fans didn't think either red was a red. :lol:

The straight red was correct, the 2nd yellow for me a bit harsh, a word would have done. The penalty was a truly horrific decision. We definitely got the right side of the ref today, he was truly terrible.

Watch the replay on Quest, morais just body checks Bishop. Easy way out for the ref would have been to give the steaight red & overlook the body check. Best reffing I've seen since that ref gave that Darlo playet 2 yellows in 5 seconds.

I thought the pen was soft, Dapo didn't really appeal, but they didn't protest much either.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:07 am

If you want any negative spin on yesterday, a defeat would have left us 21st, can you imagine this place if that happened.

Server overload!!

Great day though yesterday, long overdue.
BigGuy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:18 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:
For me, this squad should be up there in the league and we should be seeing attacking performances like that on the regular. The fact that we battered a team, with what was Dempster full throttle performance makes me think why haven't we done that to the other poor sides that we've play?

For me AWC, if you perceive it as a rookie trying to get to grips in the managerial game than simply not performing then it makes perfect sense ;)

Nobody would doubt performances & attitude have been substandard bud, but we've also had limited team options at times.

Seeing the team want to play, looking out for each other, heads up, keeping 11 men on the pitch - these are the things that will be the barometer for how JDs doing, imo
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:44 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:

What's there to say. Fantastic win and great team performance and excellent play. Keeping the ball on the ground for once and playing to the teams strengths rather than just hoofing it up field and hoping. First goal was tremendous and echo everything others have said about Shaughnessy yesterday. Thought he was magnificent and unfortunate that Maynard's hat trick automatically generates the MotM award.

That performance was what we have all been crying out for. Thought it quite prophetic what Maynard said about enjoying yesterday as opposed to the previous 13 games.

Well done everyone including JD
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:52 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:

I don't know Chris so can't answer for him, but as a vocal 'dempster out' campaigner to date I thought I'd step in.

The thing is Spiro, is that yesterdays kind of performance and result shouldn't be 'once in a blue moon' with this squad.

The fact that we haven't provided those kind of levels yet this season, having played Morecambe, Orient, Stevenage, and Scunthorpe still adds questions over the manager. Why are we still trying out ideas. Turns out it was a good idea to change shape. We just need wins consistently now and that's Dempsters job to work out how to do that.

I know we might not be able to smash every team 6-1, but it'd be great to watch if we tried to.

As stated, I do think this squad can and should be challenging, and yesterday has proved to me that that belief is correct, so it's up to Dempster to deliver now. I hope he makes me look a fool come May, I really do.

Onwards and upwards to 'Ooh-aargh FGR'

Echo this post as welll. Why did we have to wait so long for an attacking performance like that. If JD does that every week he will have my full support. It's the fact that the performances have been so awful and nothing like that on view that I've been critical. Great team performance. Well done you Stags. Posted on the HATS 2 thread but weren't the Oldham fans brilliant! !
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:53 am

BigGuy wrote:If you want any negative spin on yesterday, a defeat would have left us 21st, can you imagine this place if that happened.

Server overload!!

Why even mention it ?

If my uncle had tits he’d be my aunty.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:05 am

Preston out of the team really helps imo. Pearce and Sweeney are solid in a back 4
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:14 am

Chrisuknottm wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

Thought it quite prophetic what Maynard said about enjoying yesterday as opposed to the previous 13 games.

Well done everyone including JD

I noticed him mention this in his post match interview, it was as though he was checking himself before he said it.

Be brave Nicky. Say it. You've got to enjoy it. The enjoyment factor gets the best out of players.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:14 am

bellwhiff wrote:
BigGuy wrote:If you want any negative spin on yesterday, a defeat would have left us 21st, can you imagine this place if that happened.

Server overload!!

Why even mention it ?

Sorry I thought this was a forum to express opinions, my bad!
BigGuy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:42 am

BigGuy wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Server overload!!

Why even mention it ?

Where’s the opinion bit?
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:47 am

It's not an opinion though is it? It was hypothetical nonsense. We won 6-1 and you're trying to find a negative that did not happen.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:04 pm

BigGuy wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Server overload!!

Why even mention it ?

“my bad”? Why would anyone opt to use that ridiculous idiom?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:04 pm

Just listened to and watch bits of the Oldham Athletic Fans Forum from Royston Cricket Club last week. I think they could end up as the next Bury. The owner. Abdullah Lemsagem, claims to be putting in £200,000 per month and has also appointed his brother as Sporting Director. He has appointed six managers since he bought the club in January 2018. Oldham have around 31 players in their squad. There are also allegations from Paul Scholes and other managers that Abdullah and his brother interfere in the picking of the team. The club do not own the North Stand (Oldham Event Centre) even though the club were given 7 figure grants by the Council to help buy the land and build the stand. They just have a lease to use the seating on match days. The North Stand seems to be owned by a former director and the right to run it has been given to a Fans run group. One of the directors is a chap called Barry Owen who was originally the fans representative of the Supporters Trust. He is being investigated by the club along with the other former directors but Abdullah Lemsagem has asked him for some reason to stay on the board.

Barry Owen says at the end that they tried to persuade Ryan Lowe to join Oldham as manager. They tried to sign Danny Rowe from AFC Fylde but his Chairman would not let him leave. They also tried to sign Danny Mayor but said that Plymouth offered him Championship money. They spoke to Jamie Devitt but he received an offer from a higher club. He also says: "We made an offer to Maynard who was on big money at Bury. He was not initially on big money at Bury but then went on to silly money. He chose for whatever reason to go to Mansfield but he's not pulling any plants up there is he?"

Great timing Bazza :lol: :lol: :lol:

Genevaro Nepomuceno was allowed to leave for the Spireites because he was disrespectful to the previous manager in front of the other players even though he was one of the Chairman's favourite players.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SnrZorq0XU
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:36 pm

On their forum last night, their fans seem to be convinced they are going the way of Bury (or Stockport at least).

They certainly don't think the club has hit bottom yet.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:11 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:There’s a video of the Oldham chairman from earlier this week stating “Maynard isn’t pulling up any tree’s at Mansfield and he’s on big money”. 8-)

Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:14 pm

part time pete wrote:He reffed us twice in Conference winning season. Firstly at Woking when he gave us an ‘offside’ goal from a Briscoe cross when we had a player in an offside position in centre going for ball and missing it. And secondly at Hereford when he added on just enough time for winner.

I’d say a truly great bloke.

Great ref research Pete.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum