{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Hats Off 2

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Hats Off 2

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:53 pm

Hats off to the Oldham fans today. They never stopped singing and prancing bare-chested. I suspect alcohol may have been inbibed.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Re: Hats Off 2

Postby BigGuy » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:55 pm

Superb support, no wonder their team were clapped off at the end, it was due to their support.

Just need the ‘buzz’ to come back to our home support now over the next few weeks and we can all be happy.
BigGuy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby wardy12345 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:37 pm

I think that was the best away following I’ve seen with all the singing ect

Most away supporters would have been long gone before full time.
wardy12345
First Team
First Team

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:43 pm

Absolutely agree that they were fantastic. Apart from the bare chested mass at the front did anyone else notice the 10 or eleven year old lad just below the Laser sign who was doing the same thing and never stopped either. Brilliant support the lot of them.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby halifaxstag » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:50 pm

A nice bit of ‘gallows’ enjoyment. They did go quiet for a short while after the sending offs but then obviously decided to enjoy their day out.
Much better than sitting there moaning and booing the players and manager.
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby yellowstagsfan » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:13 pm

Yeah great support Credit to them
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Bridgford Stag » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:15 pm

And what a brilliant support from start to finish from their fans albeit game over at half time.

Our third goal was a turning point for me.

I clapped off Oldham and their fans and the comment as I was doing that was greeted 'they are a dirty team and why are you clapping'

?!

Ok........

ps ref was right re sendings off
Bridgford Stag
First Team
First Team

Postby ParisStag » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:25 pm

Those fans deserve better than that team. Absolute class act from start to finish. Up there with the best away fans I've ever seen.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:39 pm

Credit to the fans but if they were my players no way would I have stood and applauded them off. They were pathetic from the first whistle.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:43 pm

Beer is great.

Cheers
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:55 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Credit to the fans but if they were my players no way would I have stood and applauded them off. They were pathetic from the first whistle.

Maybe there is a lesson for us to learn from them.

Our attendance lower than Notts County's today and they were at home to Torquay.

Let's hope the result and more importantly the return to last season's passing football will bring fans back. Hopefully with a more supportive attitude.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:20 pm

Enjoy, they are just nutters

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FIeaYsf9N6M

But fair play to the lad
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:53 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Credit to the fans but if they were my players no way would I have stood and applauded them off. They were pathetic from the first whistle.

Maybe there is a lesson for us to learn from them.

Our attendance lower than Notts County's today and they were at home to Torquay.

Let's hope the result and more importantly the return to last season's passing football will bring fans back. Hopefully with a more supportive attitude.

Club with more fans and in top third of tables gets more fans to a home game than club with less fans and in bottom third of table.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:00 pm

Also about 650 from Torquay. That's massive.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:06 pm

It’s still non league.
Wouldn’t swap for any amount of crowds.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:23 am

Possibly the best away support I have ever seen at Field Mill. Well played Oldham.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:47 am

when the bloke in black s/shirt boots the seat then realised he was being recorded lol
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:42 am

They were excellent.

A group of them latched onto us in town after the game. Really great lads just enjoying a beer

Although they were greeted by our morons on the bridge.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:03 am

part time pete wrote:Enjoy, they are just nutters

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FIeaYsf9N6M

But fair play to the lad

Is the lad, our own Gibbo’s long lost Lancastrian cousin?
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:07 am

Hats off also to Pearce, Sweeney and Bishop for when Morais was given his first caution for a late challenge on Sweeney all three of them tried to talk the referee out of issuing the caution.

Was it done to ensure that they could challenge in a similar vein without fear of a caution, possibly, but that attitude and sportsman like gesture isn’t something all the ‘customers’ watching sky would not see.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:23 am

I am Spartacus wrote:Hats off also to Pearce, Sweeney and Bishop for when Morais was given his first caution for a late challenge on Sweeney all three of them tried to talk the referee out of issuing the caution.

Was it done to ensure that they could challenge in a similar vein without fear of a caution, possibly, but that attitude and sportsman like gesture isn’t something all the ‘customers’ watching sky would not see.

Are we sure they weren't saying it should be red? Seems strange to argue against a caution for an opposing player.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:34 am

Jamie wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:Hats off also to Pearce, Sweeney and Bishop for when Morais was given his first caution for a late challenge on Sweeney all three of them tried to talk the referee out of issuing the caution.

Are we sure they weren't saying it should be red? Seems strange to argue against a caution for an opposing player.

Sometimes players, whom have a vested interest in what constitutes a caution by the referee in a game’ try to talk a referee out of issuing the caution. In the full knowledge that if they do something similar they will receive a caution. As we have previous history this season with our disciplinary record this season what they were attempting could be called ‘game management’. However players don’t see the persistent fouling by Morais prior to the caution and that each time he was breaking up play as we came forward.

The referee got it spot on and both cautions for Morais were deserved and helped the referee’s match control. Also what helped was that we kept possession today, kept our heads and di not need to dive in or do anything rash.

So yes, he deserved both cautions and yes the ‘Cheerio, Cheerio, Cheerio’ chants he received were deserved.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum