{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Jake Buxton "Ill go back at some point"

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Jake Buxton "Ill go back at some point"

Postby Sedgwick » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:46 am

Alot of people clearly haven't listened to the interview linked.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:40 am

Johnny H wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:
Johnny H wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:
Richard Cranium wrote:raspberry right off.

I thought he was crap. Bappa mopped up for him all the time!

Wow.....statistically Bucko had a much better season, gave away less penalties and was at fault for less goals than AJB that season.
Next you will be telling me that it was Jason Whites fault we went down too even though he kept 4 or 5 clean sheets in the 13 or 14 league games he played in that season !!!!!
Bucko gave away two free kicks towards the end of the season that resulted in goals but was much the better defender that year than AJB....and he has had a much better career !
We offered JB a contract that was then rescinded when McEwan took over, he left and he hands down won Conference player of the season at Burton and has then spent 10+ seasons playing Championship football on a regular basis.

JB is exactly the sort of player we need....someone that plays with his sleeves rolled up and someone that can bring Sweeney on with his experience.

Can’t be bothered to read your essay, it’s simply my opinion that I didn’t think Jake Buxton was all that.

Jason White was partly to blame for our relegation, did you miss the Rotherham lob?

So you did read it then ??

lol busted
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby manssmooth » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:33 am

Really interesting interview. He shows genuine regret and remorse about how it all ended with us.

Many of us on here remember those toxic days when we were relegated and it was natural to look for some one to blame, was it Hasscum, White, Bucko or more than likely a mixture of them all and more!

But that was 12 or so years ago now and you can see how much he has matured over that time. I understand some peoples reticence in not wanting him back, but he says himself that he shouldn't have left in the manner he left in, and i personally believe he would be a great asset to us in whatever role would suit.

Imagine the knowledge he has gained at the level he has played.
Fear Naught
manssmooth
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Vicar Jeremiah » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:43 am

I’ve got no axe to grind with him as a player, he was average in a below average team but his attitude stank. If we are moving forward as a club we don’t need him.
Kylie Minogue - God's gift to mankind
Vicar Jeremiah
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:20 am

Why didn't he want to come back and pay the fans back years ago? Now he's about 35 and dropping down the leagues he wants a final pay day at the club he started who just happen to pay out decent wages these days. Not a chance, He was gash the season we were relegated but thats forgivable, sticking your finger up at the fans of the club who gave you a chance at the first opportunity isn't.
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:29 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:Why didn't he want to come back and pay the fans back years ago? Now he's about 35 and dropping down the leagues he wants a final pay day at the club he started who just happen to pay out decent wages these days. Not a chance, He was gash the season we were relegated but thats forgivable, sticking your finger up at the fans of the club who gave you a chance at the first opportunity isn't.

Exactly this. His attitude was a disgrace back then, and now he wants to come back for a final pay day?

Do one.
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:06 pm

he didn’t care then, we don’t care now

On ya bike
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:32 pm

Agree with other comments, i wouldn't want him back. Despite the career he's somehow managed to have. He was a liability for us and didn't do himself any favours.

Good luck finding a pay day somewhere else Jake.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:10 pm

Johnny H wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:
Richard Cranium wrote:raspberry right off.

I thought he was crap. Bappa mopped up for him all the time!

Wow.....statistically Bucko had a much better season, gave away less penalties and was at fault for less goals than AJB that season.
Next you will be telling me that it was Jason Whites fault we went down too even though he kept 4 or 5 clean sheets in the 13 or 14 league games he played in that season !!!!!
Bucko gave away two free kicks towards the end of the season that resulted in goals but was much the better defender that year than AJB....and he has had a much better career !
We offered JB a contract that was then rescinded when McEwan took over, he left and he hands down won Conference player of the season at Burton and has then spent 10+ seasons playing Championship football on a regular basis.

JB is exactly the sort of player we need....someone that plays with his sleeves rolled up and someone that can bring Sweeney on with his experience.

And so has AJB, with a season in the Prem, so please explain this "much better career" that he has had.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby jay the butcher » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:30 pm

Thought he was a poor player in a poor team pleased he proved me wrong and made a decent career for himself I expected him to go down the Jason White road
jay the butcher
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:21 pm

very engaging interview, well worth a watch.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby I am Spartacus » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:52 am

Martin Shaw wrote:very engaging interview, well worth a watch.

We will have less of this attitude of yours Martin. At no point in the post did you moan about a player or manager. If this carries on and people start being objective, respectful and reading without a an agenda we will have anarchy!!!!!
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby JLStag » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:17 am

I am Spartacus wrote:

We will have less of this attitude of yours Martin. At no point in the post did you moan about a player or manager. If this carries on and people start being objective, respectful and reading without a an agenda we will have anarchy!!!!!

Pull your tongue out will ya
JLStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Amberheart » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:00 pm

I would like to see him back at the club if only to erase the way he left .
If his experience could in some way help us gain promotion he would be forgiven
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:39 pm

Great interview think folk forget just how young he was and obviously loves the club . You don’t play regular in the championship and get that adulation from the Derby fans for nothing I’d love to see him back in the shirt .
Also an interesting quote from him regarding Clough leaving and the impact that had at Burton just after promotion to the league ‘ we had the same players in the dressing room the season after with a different manager same training etc but you soon came to realise it was him running the club (Clough) that was missing .
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby JimmyMac » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:07 pm

You only have to look a few weeks back to see he is a liability!! Giving away a stupid penalty at Portsmouth!! Through his career he has been at fault for lots of goals!! One hell of a lucky man to do what he has done!! :coys:
JimmyMac
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:43 am

JLStag wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:

Pull your tongue out will ya

Just a light hearted dig at all the bitching and moaning about someone who left us to further his career. Happens every week in football. No need to be a complete whinger about it. Anyone would think that Jake Buxton has been hacking into Coleen Rooney’s Instagram account the way people launched into him.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:48 pm

Sooner than we think
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:50 pm

I really hope not, unless it's as the assistant to Nigel Clough!
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:55 pm

He’s only just taken over at Burton so compo involved if he comes in whatever capacity.

I presume we could register him as a player though as I don’t think he’s registered at Burton.

Seems a rather bizarre choice though if true.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:01 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:Sooner than we think

Usually not far off the mark ,think i better leave if your right the fury is going to be better watching from a safe distance :D
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:06 pm

Nice try. They’d have to be mad.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:28 pm

I don't get this attitude of assuming that an ex Stags player from a decade ago (or more) is exactly the same person and football standard as when they last played for us. People are immature when young and do rash things. Then they gain experience and wisdom, and work hard to improve. The Buxton of today is a different man from the one that was just a raw talent all that time ago.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:33 pm

Bradders wrote:I don't get this attitude of assuming that an ex Stags player from a decade ago (or more) is exactly the same person and football standard as when they last played for us. People are immature when young and do rash things. Then they gain experience and wisdom, and work hard to improve. The Buxton of today is a different man from the one that was just a raw talent all that time ago.

Well said Bradders. He's an absolute legend at Derby they love him there. When I did a few of their games I couldn't believe how much they worshipped him. You don't have the career he did if you were as bad as some of the 'experts' on here think.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:52 pm

Dan wrote:
Bradders wrote:I don't get this attitude of assuming that an ex Stags player from a decade ago (or more) is exactly the same person and football standard as when they last played for us. People are immature when young and do rash things. Then they gain experience and wisdom, and work hard to improve. The Buxton of today is a different man from the one that was just a raw talent all that time ago.

Well said Bradders. He's an absolute legend at Derby they love him there. When I did a few of their games I couldn't believe how much they worshipped him. You don't have the career he did if you were as bad as some of the 'experts' on here think.

So true dan ,you only get lucky once in a while ,he,s played at a good level for years
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum