{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Nottingham Forest School Visits

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Nottingham Forest School Visits

Postby Stags 2002 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:44 pm

Unfortunately they are targeting the local catchment area again with school visits giving away baseball caps and other freebies.

The hierarchy really miss a trick by not doing the same, as it's already difficult enough to avert the youngest's gaze towards them due to the in laws! :roll:
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Re: Nottingham Forest School Visits

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:09 pm

Said before, on your 7th birthday you got a free forest shirt. Sutton road primary and many other schools took part in it. Luckily my dad chucked the leaflet in the bin
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:33 pm

Really its all about that first time ,mine was a night match never forget it ,that got me hooked
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:51 pm

Why aren’t the club doing this? It’s so simple.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:14 pm

Maybe it’s because the bigger clubs can afford to give away shirts etc. That said, if a £40 shirt turns a kid into a Stags fan, the club will recoup that and ££££s more.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Tre Cool » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:18 pm

Forest have the wealth to give away thousands of goody bags full of caps, bottles etc or give away a shirt whereas a club of our size wouldn't be able to afford such an outlay.

Though we should get players visiting schools & handing out flyers with free ticket & discount vouchers on them. That can't cost too much.
Tre Cool
First Team
First Team

Postby tibby » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:28 pm

Imagine getting a Surridge item for your birthday
tibby
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:50 pm

The hats look alright but aren't made by Macron. They've been made on mass with a label saying 100% cotton made in China.

All the kids see is the badge on the front of the hat.

You can order 50,000 pieces for about £20k on sites like alibaba which if 50,000 free hats turn into shirt sales even 500 shirts (1%) at £50 returns £25k.

Nevermind future ticket sales, and years of loyalty buying new shirts. No brainer really just a shame we don't do it albeit on a smaller scale.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Norman » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:01 pm

Florist need to keep out of the Mansfield area. They do enough damage to this club with all glory hunters born and bred from Mansfield travelling 14 miles down the road to watch a rival club!
Norman
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby ParisStag » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:08 pm

They came to my daughter's school in North Nottingham and she came home with one of those caps. I didn't know they were going out as far as Stagland though.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby sunray » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:35 pm

About 30 years ago my mother collected vouchers in the News of the World which in turn gave you free admissions to four games for a father and child.

Has resulted in 48 adult and 12 concession season tickets.
Hopefully another 30 adult and 40 concessions season tickets to go

Club has done quite well out of that offer.

To my shame had the offer covered Notts County we would have gone with my father. Coming back from London it took a few years to get the Eagles out of my heart and let the Stags in.
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby James » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:29 am

Norman wrote:Florist need to keep out of the Mansfield area. They do enough damage to this club with all glory hunters born and bred from Mansfield travelling 14 miles down the road to watch a rival club!

Glory and Forest aren’t really words that are associated together are they?
James
Manager
Manager

Postby Madstagsfan3 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:52 am

It should be part of a players contract that they pay a visit to a local school on a regular basis. They can help run coaching sessions, have photo's taken and generally bang the drum about the Stags. They could give away free tickets, let's face it, the ground is rarely full.

We need to get out in the community and make the youngsters want to come to Mansfield Town.
Madstagsfan3
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby tuopolfpilf » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:33 am

Madstagsfan3 wrote:It should be part of a players contract that they pay a visit to a local school on a regular basis. They can help run coaching sessions, have photo's taken and generally bang the drum about the Stags. They could give away free tickets, let's face it, the ground is rarely full.

We need to get out in the community and make the youngsters want to come to Mansfield Town.

This Nyland....
No brainer it works,

Because of this , there is now 3 Generation of my family supporting Mansfield Town F.C
tuopolfpilf
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby FarnieStag » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:11 am

Notts County and Forest come out regularly to my kids' school in Farnsfield. Never any sign of anyone from Mansfield though
FarnieStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:53 am

I won free tickets to a Forest match at primary school. I went to the game, enjoyed it, still supported Stags. What’s the problem with a kid going to watch a game of football?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:23 am

Tre Cool wrote:Forest have the wealth to give away thousands of goody bags full of caps, bottles etc or give away a shirt whereas a club of our size wouldn't be able to afford such an outlay.

Though we should get players visiting schools & handing out flyers with free ticket & discount vouchers on them. That can't cost too much.

How about we cut a little bit off our enormous playing budget for this level to fund it then?
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Norman » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:07 pm

James wrote:
Norman wrote:Florist need to keep out of the Mansfield area. They do enough damage to this club with all glory hunters born and bred from Mansfield travelling 14 miles down the road to watch a rival club!

Bit of history for you. When florist got promoted to the first division and had European success in the late seventies early eighties , loads of born and bred Mansfield folk sadly jumped on the bandwagon and stated supporting florist ! Before then hardly anybody from the Mansfield area supported them . Apart from Hasloan and relegation to the Conferance this is one of the worst things to happen to MTFC!
Norman
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Stags_Community » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:35 pm

Hi Everyone.

Mansfield Town Football in the Community here, well - where to begin?! It's great to see your comments about getting out and about in the local community and we wanted to assure you that we are very active across the Mansfield community and are now in our 30th season as a Community Trust, engaging with a number of local schools on a daily basis and youngsters on a match day, something we've now been doing for 25 seasons! We have Football sessions for Over 45s, we have holiday clubs for youngsters, girls sessions, Community Mental Health & Dementia support groups, an education project and so much more! Please head over to our website http://www.mansfieldtownfitc.net to find out more!

It's important to highlight here that every Football club in the EFL (& some in non league) have Community Trusts / Community Schemes - we are no different, however we operate independently from the club. We are a registered charity and rely heavily on funding and donations!

We've been following this thread with interest and wanted to answer a few comments/ questions in relation to what we do, where we work, and our friends at Forests' Community Trust..

FarnieStag wrote:Notts County and Forest come out regularly to my kids' school in Farnsfield. Never any sign of anyone from Mansfield though

Every Football League side has a Community Trust attached to them, as do a number of conference & non-league sides - some are located in close proximity and as such have verbal agreements as to the areas they visit. Farnsfield is an area covered predominately by Forest/ County rather than ourselves as our area is more Mansfield/ Sutton/ Kirkby. Each Community Trust/ Community Scheme has long lasting relationships with Schools who choose who to bring in & whilst we have had conversations and meetings with Schools in this area, for the work and projects we offer - they feel more suited to Forest/ County, and visa versa for Schools in Mansfield working with us. Does this mean we will never work with them? No. If a School is interested in working with us, all contact details are on our website

Madstagsfan3 wrote:It should be part of a players contract that they pay a visit to a local school on a regular basis. They can help run coaching sessions, have photo's taken and generally bang the drum about the Stags. They could give away free tickets, let's face it, the ground is rarely full.

This happens a lot! However it's not always possible to get the players to come as a lot of our working time clashes with training etc. There's also some red tape to go through from the School perspective, which we won't bore you with - We work very hard with the club to get players to attend our sessions and when they do, we shout about it! Follow our social media for more!

Stags 2002 wrote:Unfortunately they are targeting the local catchment area again with school visits giving away baseball caps and other freebies.

The hierarchy really miss a trick by not doing the same, as it's already difficult enough to avert the youngest's gaze towards them due to the in laws! :roll:

Again we are certainly out in the local area promoting the club, we speak to schools on a daily basis and have permanent residence within Abbey Primary and Wyndale Primary - plus visit many others throughout the academic year. We compete with other schemes for business and sometimes we lose out, this can be down to longer term relationships between schools / governors etc, or simply down to club stature! We also may be able to offer something which the others can't, and visa versa

Hopefully that's cleared up a few things! Currently we're in two schools daily (& will be throughout the school year) plus are working with four others on various projects this month with more to come as the year goes on. We do lots and lots at half-term and on match days for youngsters! Follow us on social media (Search Mansfield Town Football in the Community) for more, or head to our website http://www.mansfieldtownfitc.net - if anyone has any questions, please feel free to DM Them across or email craig.priest@mansfieldtownfitc.net

:coys: :coys:

Stags_Community
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:53 pm

Oh right.

So Farnsfield, about 3 miles from Rainworth and Blidworth (very much stags territory) is all of a sudden in Forest/county territory, despite being 8 miles from Field Mill and 18 miles to the City Ground?

Even though this happened recently http://mansfieldtownfitc.net/the-john-r ... -michaels/

John Radford flew his helicopter to the school the present the John Radford trophy to the school football team....

but conference club Notts County are working with them. Ok....
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:45 pm

Thought it was a pretty good response but the fact that they had to do so to a critical thread and the comment that schools can contact them rather than them going out directly feels a little reactive rather than proactive but glad there's something in existence publicising the club.
Last edited by Chrisuknottm on Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:16 pm

My son attends Wyndale and they are their every day coaching the kids at lunchtime.
The kids love it..

To say these guys dont do enough is harsh i feel.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Norman » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:17 pm

Keep florist out of Mansfeld! You know it makes sense!
Norman
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:50 am

Norman wrote:
James wrote:

Bit of history for you. When florist got promoted to the first division and had European success in the late seventies early eighties , loads of born and bred Mansfield folk sadly jumped on the bandwagon and stated supporting florist ! Before then hardly anybody from the Mansfield area supported them . Apart from Hasloan and relegation to the Conferance this is one of the worst things to happen to MTFC!

Wow i'm agreeing with Norm. At that time (77 promotion season) used to walk home from work with a mate who'd gone home n away to all our games since 74-75.
'can't wait for next season now, eh tony'? i asked

'yeah, i'm going to watch forest in the 1st division from now on', he replied
from that day i've never seen him since
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:50 pm

They did these when I was in primary school. I even went to their 'Soccer Skills School' twice, met Stuart Pearce and had my photo taken with Des Walker.

Still ended up at Field Mill every other week. :lol:
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum