{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

FA cup 1st round Chorley at home

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: fa cup 4th qual draw

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:45 am

part time pete wrote:As Bury have not been liquidated yet, I assume they will be included in the draw.

However I can’t see them able to play the game, so I suggest their opponents will get a bye.

No. Bury were thrown out of the FA cup in August as per the article above.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 18986
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: fa cup 4th qual draw

Postby adamstag » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:55 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
part time pete wrote:As Bury have not been liquidated yet, I assume they will be included in the draw.

However I can’t see them able to play the game, so I suggest their opponents will get a bye.

No. Bury were thrown out of the FA cup in August as per the article above.


How do they work out who gets that space, out of interest? Do they have a lucky loser in the 4th qual round?
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7133
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:20 am

Re: fa cup 4th qual draw

Postby adamstag » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:59 pm

Chris M wrote:
Johnny Rotten wrote:
Chris M wrote:In that season when Manchester United failed to enter the competition I think that one of the beaten teams was reinstated. From memory that was Bury. Stand to be corrected though.


My grey matter says it was Darlington


Just checked. You are spot on. Frightening thing is it was 20 years ago! Season 1999-2000.


Pretty sure they got a game at Aston Villa if memory serves me right
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7133
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:20 am

Re: fa cup 4th qual draw

Postby tibby » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:13 pm

Didnt man yoo join in 5th round?
tibby
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1291
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:30 pm

Re: fa cup 4th qual draw

Postby adamstag » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:00 pm

tibby wrote:Didnt man yoo join in 5th round?


They didn’t enter that year at all.

So when they’re drawn at home to someone like Rotherham at home, there’s actually a genuine reason to put them on as the “shock” will probably happen
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7133
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:20 am

Re: fa cup 4th qual draw

Postby ST4GS » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:18 am

adamstag wrote:
tibby wrote:Didnt man yoo join in 5th round?


They didn’t enter that year at all.

So when they’re drawn at home to someone like Rotherham at home, there’s actually a genuine reason to put them on as the “shock” will probably happen

Do the FA still insist on penalties after a replay to settle ties?
Can't we make them change their mind this season.

We have just lost "FOUR" consecutive "HOME" penalty shoot-outs since then end of last season.
During this period we have played 10 competitive home games and lost 40% of them by penalties !!!
I can't believe any other league club can match this achievement!? -Any one any idea if this is a record?

Imagine if we lose our 1st round FA cup home replay in the same manner? -5 home penalty defeats within 6 months? - No one will ever beat that unwelcome record?
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
User avatar
ST4GS
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 803
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:42 pm

Re: fa cup 4th qual draw

Postby MOTG » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:35 pm

When is the F A cup draw for the 1st round proper ?
MOTG
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 285
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:52 am

Re: fa cup 4th qual draw

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:31 pm

MOTG wrote:When is the F A cup draw for the 1st round proper ?

normally within 48 hours after the 4th qualifying round.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 18986
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: fa cup 4th qual draw

Postby Spiritater » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:43 pm

ST4GS wrote:
adamstag wrote:
tibby wrote:Didnt man yoo join in 5th round?


They didn’t enter that year at all.

So when they’re drawn at home to someone like Rotherham at home, there’s actually a genuine reason to put them on as the “shock” will probably happen

Do the FA still insist on penalties after a replay to settle ties?
Can't we make them change their mind this season.

We have just lost "FOUR" consecutive "HOME" penalty shoot-outs since then end of last season.
During this period we have played 10 competitive home games and lost 40% of them by penalties !!!
I can't believe any other league club can match this achievement!? -Any one any idea if this is a record?

Imagine if we lose our 1st round FA cup home replay in the same manner? -5 home penalty defeats within 6 months? - No one will ever beat that unwelcome record?

there's a easy way, a hard way and a Mansfield Town way
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 20058
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: fa cup 4th qual draw

Postby Billy the fish » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:51 pm

MOTG wrote:When is the F A cup draw for the 1st round proper ?


Don’t worry we are concentrating on the league no time for little cup games !!
User avatar
Billy the fish
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1393
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:54 pm

Re: fa cup 4th qual draw

Postby x-type » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:13 am

Let’s hope we get the bye and £36k for not kicking a ball
x-type
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:56 pm

Re: fa cup 4th qual draw

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:27 am

Draw is on Monday. As X-Type says, the ball left in the pot will receive a bye to the next round.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5231
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:16 pm

Re: fa cup 4th qual draw

Postby Chrisuknottm » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:02 am

And get Sunderland in R2
Chrisuknottm
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 507
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:32 pm

Re: fa cup 4th qual draw

Postby Chander Lear » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:24 am

MTFCMusings wrote:Draw is on Monday. As X-Type says, the ball left in the pot will receive a bye to the next round.


Interestingly, would they get money for qualifying to the next round if they've not played?
Chander Lear
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3952
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:04 am

Re: fa cup 4th qual draw

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:25 am

Chander Lear wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Draw is on Monday. As X-Type says, the ball left in the pot will receive a bye to the next round.


Interestingly, would they get money for qualifying to the next round if they've not played?


Yes, 36k I believe.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5231
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:16 pm

Re: fa cup 4th qual draw

Postby arsene wengers coat » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:57 am

Even if we got a bye, Notts constab would still insist on shutting the gate and their entitlement to their cut of 'policing costs' (overtime).
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
User avatar
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3915
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:03 pm

Re: fa cup 4th qual draw

Postby Spiritater » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:39 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:Even if we got a bye, Notts constab would still insist on shutting the gate and their entitlement to their cut of 'policing costs' (overtime).

And Conrad would have take some blame too for not making sure our ball came out. I mean what would we do with no footy on 1st round weekend. It'd be too cold in t'paddlin pool with all that jelly.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 20058
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: fa cup 4th qual draw

Postby adamstag » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:10 pm

Spiritater wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:Even if we got a bye, Notts constab would still insist on shutting the gate and their entitlement to their cut of 'policing costs' (overtime).

And Conrad would have take some blame too for not making sure our ball came out. I mean what would we do with no footy on 1st round weekend. It'd be too cold in t'paddlin pool with all that jelly.


Nah, he wouldn’t come of the line to collect the ball. :lol:
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7133
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:20 am

Re: fa cup 4th qual draw

Postby waddostag » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:57 pm

x-type wrote:Let’s hope we get the bye and £36k for not kicking a ball

Would we be happy to do that? Personally I would prefer to have a game to watch, which would also have the benefit of half the match receipts going into club coffers (and also the £36k for winning).
waddostag
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:16 pm

Re: fa cup 4th qual draw

Postby Stoney » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:34 am

waddostag wrote:
x-type wrote:Let’s hope we get the bye and £36k for not kicking a ball

Would we be happy to do that? Personally I would prefer to have a game to watch, which would also have the benefit of half the match receipts going into club coffers (and also the £36k for winning).

I'd definitely take the bye. A guaranteed £36k with just one game to play before a potential big 3rd round tie is a no brainer and I'm sure Radford would agree.
Stoney
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3147
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:25 pm
Location: Bolsover.

Re: fa cup 4th qual draw

Postby gazza1988 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:57 am

I'd rather have the bye to the next round. £36k and a weekend off, could arrange a friendly with a side. Players can have a mini rest and be refreshed for the league.

Also, it's one less game we can get injuries in.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
User avatar
gazza1988
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5756
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:23 pm
Location: Beeston, Nottingham

Re: fa cup 4th qual draw

Postby x-type » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:39 am

For info :-
The draw is on BBC 2 Monday 21st October from 7:00pm
We are ball 25
Notts county or Belper are ball 58
Chesterfield or Wrexham are ball 59
x-type
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:56 pm

Re: fa cup 4th qual draw

Postby MOTG » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:55 am

Would love home draw against Notts Co., Chesterfield or Lincoln .
MOTG
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 285
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:52 am

Re: fa cup 4th qual draw

Postby adamstag » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:43 am

Chesterfield or county away would deffo be on the tele, plucky non-league side at home to their league rival :lol:
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7133
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:20 am

Re: fa cup 4th qual draw

Postby Foresttownstag » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:38 pm

MOTG wrote:Would love home draw against Notts Co., Chesterfield or Lincoln .


Can’t think of anything worse.

Lowest team in the Cup at home please. Let’s get to the 3rd round and pull a big side away!
User avatar
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3371
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:47 am
Location: Forest Town

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bread, e4d0 and 16 guests