{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

JD

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: JD

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:52 pm

Conker wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Kernow wrote:Start to blame the squad, they showed the same form at the end of last season. They have let two managers down, blame where blame is due. Why does the Goalkeeping coach seem to have big say on the bench, if can't sort Conrad out what chance has he with the rest. Leave him in the stand on match days.
I think that is a fair point.

Maybe the Scottish manager detected some of the players lacked the grit to get them over the line. Perhaps that helped his decision to walk out on us. To this day, I can't understand why he walked away from having another promotion on his CV.

Don’t pretend to be slow just to help your own theory, Evans left because he was offered a job by a big spending team in the division above that happens to be down the road from his home.

One thing we didn’t lack under Evans was grit, remember all those last minute goals and brilliant performances against local rivals? He happened to leave after playing the two best teams in the entire division, people took those results as a sign we were a spent force.

The players have failed twice when things got to the sharp end. The Scottish manager, who has a lot of experience with promotion squads, may have detected nerves taking over. Yes more money and working nearer home were probably the main reasons to walk out on us,but it could have been a factor.
Last edited by Amber Andy on Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:53 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Conker wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Kernow wrote:Start to blame the squad, they showed the same form at the end of last season. They have let two managers down, blame where blame is due. Why does the Goalkeeping coach seem to have big say on the bench, if can't sort Conrad out what chance has he with the rest. Leave him in the stand on match days.

Maybe the Scottish manager detected some of the players lacked the grit to get them over the line. Perhaps that helped his decision to walk out on us. To this day, I can't understand why he walked away from having another promotion on his CV.

Don’t pretend to be slow just to help your own theory, Evans left because he was offered a job by a big spending team in the division above that happens to be down the road from his home.

One thing we didn’t lack under Evans was grit, remember all those last minute goals and brilliant performances against local rivals? He happened to leave after playing the two best teams in the entire division, people took those results as a sign we were a spent force.

They players have failed twice when things got to the sharp end. The Scottish manager, who has a lot of experience with promotion squads, may have detected nurses taking over. Yes more money and working nearer home were probably the main reasons to walk out on us,but it could have been a factor.

I doubt it was a factor at all
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:55 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Conker wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

The players have failed twice when things got to the sharp end. The Scottish manager, who has a lot of experience with promotion squads, may have detected nurses taking over. Yes more money and working nearer home were probably the main reasons to walk out on us,but it could have been a factor.

I presume that predictive text took over this post and we didn't have a fleet of ambulances at the mill. Oooooooo matron.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:56 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Conker wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

The players have failed twice when things got to the sharp end. The Scottish manager, who has a lot of experience with promotion squads, may have detected nurses taking over. Yes more money and working nearer home were probably the main reasons to walk out on us,but it could have been a factor.

I presume that predictive text took over this post and we didn't have a fleet of ambulances at the mill. Oooooooo matron.
Yep :D
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:19 pm

adamstag wrote:It never happened! :lol:

10th
of august on the notts county massive thread its there
Page 12 i believe
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Johnny H » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:25 pm

I honestly think that if we lose on Saturday JD could be out of a job within a few days !!!
Johnny H
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:29 pm

Johnny H wrote:I honestly think that if we lose on Saturday JD could be out of a job within a few days !!!

We wont lose ,
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:33 pm

spanishstag wrote:
Johnny H wrote:I honestly think that if we lose on Saturday JD could be out of a job within a few days !!!

We wont lose ,

Just like we'd get that point last season, still waiting
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:44 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
spanishstag wrote:

We wont lose ,

Well if we dont lose we get a point
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:55 pm

spanishstag wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
spanishstag wrote:

We wont lose ,

Well if we dont lose we get a point

"We will be promoted" was your constant blathering for the last half a dozen games last season, we are still in League 2 :roll:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:15 pm

I think I have been very patient but now I have had enough.

No show until they were one down, not good enough.

We have some very good players who, in my opinion are just not fit enough, lack tenacity and fight, seemingly just happy to turn out.

Time to go John Dempster, you are dealing with men not boys and they are taking the urine with you.

I M O.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:24 pm

oldweststander wrote:I think I have been very patient but now I have had enough.

No show until they were one down, not good enough.

We have some very good players who, in my opinion are just not fit enough, lack tenacity and fight, seemingly just happy to turn out.

Time to go John Dempster, you are dealing with men not boys and they are taking the urine with you.

I M O.

Seriously concerned now
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:32 pm

Did anyone feel inspired after that awful interview, the man has not got it in him to be a manager.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:35 pm

oldweststander wrote:Did anyone feel inspired after that awful interview, the man has not got it in him to be a manager.

Out n about, what uninspiring tripe was it this week
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:51 pm

Be happy with a win Tuesday as would have taken a draw today, very confusing!!

With our budget, should we not try and win every game?
BigGuy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:57 pm

BigGuy wrote:Be happy with a win Tuesday as would have taken a draw today, very confusing!!

With our budget, should we not try and win every game?

At least he's true to his word, "i'll be very cautious away from home" :roll: trouble is its no different at home.
He thinks a positive move is playing a left winger at LWB!!
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Wil0211 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:08 pm

Not previously commented on the appointment or performances so far this season until now. Dempster is clearly out of his depth and needs to go.
Noticed even the most ardent JD supporters are starting to believe the same.
Wil0211
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby kyle b » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:21 pm

Looks like he’s staying cr as just posted on her Facebook she’s not sacking anyone
kyle b
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:23 pm

kyle b wrote:Looks like he’s staying cr as just posted on her Facebook she’s not sacking anyone

Perhaps John's doing it :D
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby gavinbrookes » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:35 pm

Carolyn has just written on Facebook that she did not agree with the sacking of Flitcroft but that it was a board decision.
gavinbrookes
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:49 pm

gavinbrookes wrote:Carolyn has just written on Facebook that she did not agree with the sacking of Flitcroft but that it was a board decision.

Hymas pulling the strings in the boardroom then? Aired his views on his dislike of Flitcroft when discussing youth and lack of opportunities for progression then DF's replacement is the youth coach.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:18 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:
gavinbrookes wrote:Carolyn has just written on Facebook that she did not agree with the sacking of Flitcroft but that it was a board decision.

Hymas pulling the strings in the boardroom then? Aired his views on his dislike of Flitcroft when discussing youth and lack of opportunities for progression then DF's replacement is the youth coach.

Really silly post alert
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:30 pm

spanishstag wrote:
Stags 2002 wrote:

Really silly post alert

Of all posters thats rather ironic coming from you isn't it? :lol:

It's a question based on observation. Maybe nothing in it but it's a point for discussion on what is a discussion forum.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:18 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:

Sack Hymas.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:39 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:

Spot on.
James
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum