{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Bury FC Courtcase

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Bury FC Courtcase

Postby adamstag » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:11 pm

Wouldn't freely admit to reading the Daily Mail :shock: :lol:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:18 pm

spanishstag wrote:Just seen in todays daily mail ,that middlesborough are going to sue the efl ,over their failure to take action over derby,s selling of pride park to get around ffp rules ,they say that if proper actions had been taken ,they would have made the play offs ,they finished a point behind derby

I don't think they will get anywhere.

We have a better case. We would have got automatic promotion if Bury had been sanctioned, no guarantee Middlesbrough would have won the playoffs.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:23 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
spanishstag wrote:Just seen in todays daily mail ,that middlesborough are going to sue the efl ,over their failure to take action over derby,s selling of pride park to get around ffp rules ,they say that if proper actions had been taken ,they would have made the play offs ,they finished a point behind derby

We have a better case. We would have got automatic promotion if Bury had been sanctioned, no guarantee Middlesbrough would have won the playoffs.

Would we? I heard we wouldn’t due to losing the 4 points we took of Bury being expunged!!! It’s over now anyway and we move on but it does pee me off too how clubs get away with big overspending!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:13 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Would we? I heard we wouldn’t due to losing the 4 points we took of Bury being expunged!!! It’s over now anyway and we move on but it does pee me off too how clubs get away with big overspending!!!

Me too.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:16 pm

What do we do though Andy? In lots of sports there’s a salary cap. Would it work in football?
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:40 pm

What we need is total transparency so clubs or the EFL report each month on what the clubs have spent in total on players' wages (including the estimated total cost for the season with or without promotion). They should also report their monthly income.

Fans may be a bit more patient with their manager if they can see that their manager has had less to spend.

I like this from Clapton Community FC

Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:16 am

could be knee trembing reading for some fans.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:31 am

Spiritater wrote:could be knee trembing reading for some fans.

Would that knee trembling involve Carolyn?
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:48 pm

From Mike Minay of BBC Radio Manchester

"Thursday’s EFL general meeting will NOT have a direct vote on Bury but will discuss expulsion. Instead focus on the ‘indication of the direction of travel’ as they look to return to 72. Members vote on how best to go forward in 20/21.

The vote will have three options:
1) Do nothing and remain at 71 clubs
2) 23rd place in League Two gets an reprieve
3) Admittance of another club (i.e. second place in National League or different altogether, for example, Bury)

Whatever the outcome, no final decision will be made on Thursday. Due to a regulation change necessary, it goes back to a board meeting & then another general meeting (21 days after board meeting). No indication how soon after Thurs meeting the board will meet."
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:19 pm

They dont deserve to be in the EFL.

They cheated & denied clubs who pay there players wages on time and in full a league spot/promotion.

Let the conference deal with them now and have just the one relegation spot down to non league this season.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:20 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:They dont deserve to be in the EFL.

They cheated & denied clubs who pay there players wages on time and in full a league spot/promotion.

Let the conference deal with them now and have just the one relegation spot down to non league this season.

exactly, what's to stop other owners doing the same knowing that the punishment isnt going to be that bad?
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:19 pm

Bury FC

The latest load of drivel from Steve Dale begging EFL clubs to reinstate Bury.

What Steve Dale is really saying is "Please reinstate Bury to the EFL so I can increase my selling price by another £1 million to make even more of an obscene profit on the £1 I paid for the club"

https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/2019/sept ... HO98i73JT8
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:33 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Bury FC

The latest load of drivel from Steve Dale begging EFL clubs to reinstate Bury.

What Steve Dale is really saying is "Please reinstate Bury to the EFL so I can increase my selling price by another £1 million to make even more of an obscene profit on the £1 I paid for the club"

https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/2019/sept ... HO98i73JT8

Indeed. He talks about stat demands and winding up orders getting in the way of running the club, but these only arrive when you don’t pay people. It’s also a bit rambling, with random capital letters.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:09 am

I hope the Mansfield Town representatives will be voting against reinstating Bury in the Football League today.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49829915
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby jr senior » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:23 am

Whats the EFL got to debate?

Whilst feeling sorry for the fans, Bury FC broke EFL rules, whats changed and whats to stop them breaking them again? Promises to reform are simply not enough.

The club should pay the penalty, rejection from the league. There's nothing to stop the club winning future promotions to find their way back into the league from non-league
jr senior
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby NorthLondonStag » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:35 am

One of the options being discussed is the league remaining at 71 members. That’s weird and presumably would mean League 1 would stay at 23. The effect of this means that every ‘regular’ Saturday one team doesn’t play, which is odd.

Interestingly it says that any vote to reinstate requires 50 per cent of all clubs AND 50 per cent of Championship clubs to vote in favour.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby Spiritater » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:36 am

as said if they do clubs will go out in the 'window' buy the best, promise big wages get promotion and pay them nothing safe in the knowledge the efl will brush it under t'carpet
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:55 am

Leave them where they are. They shouldn’t have cheated.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby stagtastic1 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:27 am

If it does happen it is a real kick in the teeth for those clubs previously cast into oblivion. Perhaps they should consider suing for the loss of revenue after losing their league status.
stagtastic1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby ST4GS » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:10 pm

NorthLondonStag wrote:One of the options being discussed is the league remaining at 71 members. That’s weird and presumably would mean League 1 would stay at 23. The effect of this means that every ‘regular’ Saturday one team doesn’t play, which is odd.

Interestingly it says that any vote to reinstate requires 50 per cent of all clubs AND 50 per cent of Championship clubs to vote in favour.

A vote to reinstate. WOW.
I must have missed the news that Bury (Steve Dale effectively) have now settled all their debts then or settled the agreed CVA?
A month ago they were less than 24 hours from doing a deal with a prospective buyer before the EFL pulled the plug according to Dale.

Also it is a crazy idea to have an odd number of clubs in the league.
It was tried for two seasons between 1991/2 and 1992/3.
There were 93 league clubs but by the end of each season one club had folded/been expelled (Aldershot in 92 and Maidstone in 93)
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby DURHAM STAG » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:16 pm

Not readmitted !
DURHAM STAG
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby eggy » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:17 pm

Bury will not be readmitted.

One club will be reprieved from relegation.

https://www.efl.com/news/2019/september ... membership
eggy
Manager
Manager

Postby smulls » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:35 pm

I don't feel sorry for Bury FC being thrown out but feel for their fans! I am sure they will set up a phoenix club.
smulls
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Jimstag » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:03 pm

Feels for the fans who didn’t have much say in what the owners were doing to their club. When they realised it was too late and did what they could.

However I think even they will agree that their owner has pushed the limits and if he got away with it I would expect many more to push their luck to make a few quid. A president had to be set. It only take 1 to ruin it for the rest of us.
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:30 pm

If Bury were to get any reprieve it would be they are to take the 2nd relegation spot from league 2 and start with a 20 point deduction.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum