{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Paul Anderson on David Flitcroft

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Paul Anderson on David Flitcroft

Postby Dan » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:02 pm

This is worth a listen & goes a long way to explaining yet another reason I didn't want the bloke here. If you don't want to listen to all of it go from 40 minutes.

https://www.facebook.com/BBCNottinghamS ... 092869708/
Dan
Manager
Manager

Re: Paul Anderson on David Flitcroft

Postby gazza1988 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:41 pm

Interesting, he mentions he didn't have an opportunity to leave? How so? From what I could tell he had 2 transfer windows to move clubs. We got rid on the last day of the second one. Or am I missing something? I can't see Radford sanctioning someone a decent wage (Paul Anderson isn't exactly a cheap player, with his cv) to rot in the reserves.

Can you honestly see Paul Anderson playing right wing back? Maybe he could have played Central midfield, like MacDonald, but I dunno.

I'm not saying he's a liar, but on the balance of probability, surely he would have been allowed to move on in either of the transfer windows.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:00 pm

Thanks for that Dan. It was very interesting listening to Paul Anderson and Les Bradd.

I feel a bit sorry for Paul Anderson as neither Steve Evans or David Flitcroft played him regularly in his best position. He was on very good wages but that was not his fault as Steve Evans/the club had offered him those wages and he had signed for us in good faith. I can't help feeling that a good man manager would have got the best out of him. I was always impressed with Danny Cowley at Lincoln in the National League in the way he got the best out of a lot of players that he did not sign and knew he needed to move on. He still kept them very much involved and they did a great job for him when he needed them. They got to the FA Trophy Semi-Final playing his B Team. He released a lot of them when they got back in the EFL but none of them had a bad word to say about him because he had been open and honest with them. Great man management.

I hate bully boy managers who just try and get rid of players by making them train with the youth team or travel long distances to report for physio sessions or training on days when the rest of the players are playing away or having a day off. Keith Curle kept doing this to Billy Paynter and Gary Dicker at Carlisle and they quite rightly reported him to the PFA.

Paul Anderson confirms that JD is a genuine good guy. Hopefully JD will start to pick up some results soon
Last edited by Tippy Tappy Football on Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:14 pm

I'm glad what he said about Demps but do nice guys make good managers? I'm not so sure these days. Fingers crossed they do in our case.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby MOTG » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:16 pm

Dan wrote:This is worth a listen & goes a long way to explaining yet another reason I didn't want the bloke here. If you don't want to listen to all of it go from 40 minutes.

I listened to The Terrace tonight too Dan and got the impression that Anderson is full of himself. He said that he is a better player now than he was at Forest ! I liked him when he was with us as a player and I might be wrong in my judgement of his character now but it was just how he came across. I listened to him previously when he was a guest on the same programme and I wasn't impressed then either . Tonight he was basically full of excuses .
MOTG
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Dan » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:21 pm

MOTG wrote:
Dan wrote:This is worth a listen & goes a long way to explaining yet another reason I didn't want the bloke here. If you don't want to listen to all of it go from 40 minutes.

I listened to The Terrace tonight too Dan and got the impression that Anderson is full of himself. He said that he is a better player now than he was at Forest ! I liked him when he was with us as a player and I might be wrong in my judgement of his character now but it was just how he came across. I listened to him previously when he was a guest on the same programme and I wasn't impressed then either . Tonight he was basically full of excuses .

Yes that bit shocked me a bit too!
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:32 pm

So who are the players that Paul Anderson thinks stabbed him in the back with DF - Alex MacDonald?, Jacob Mellis?
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:38 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:So who are the players that Paul Anderson thinks stabbed him in the back with DF - Alex MacDonald?, Jacob Mellis?
That crossed my mind too. Also wasn't Zander Diamond out the team due to injury?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:49 pm

Dan wrote:I'm glad what he said about Demps but do nice guys make good managers? I'm not so sure these days. Fingers crossed they do in our case.

It's only half of the story though Dan ;)

A nice manager can be taken for granted. A harsh one sometimes garners respect. Who knows, but I'd be a bit dubious personally
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:47 pm

Anderson was utter rubbish. He couldn’t get in our team then, wouldn’t get in it now and currently has no club. I couldn’t care less what he’s got to say.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:28 am

MTFCMusings wrote:Anderson was utter rubbish. He couldn’t get in our team then, wouldn’t get in it now and currently has no club. I couldn’t care less what he’s got to say.

Cowardly bleating from a cast-off has-been. End of.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:42 am

gazza1988 wrote:Interesting, he mentions he didn't have an opportunity to leave? How so? From what I could tell he had 2 transfer windows to move clubs. We got rid on the last day of the second one. Or am I missing something? I can't see Radford sanctioning someone a decent wage (Paul Anderson isn't exactly a cheap player, with his cv) to rot in the reserves.

Can you honestly see Paul Anderson playing right wing back? Maybe he could have played Central midfield, like MacDonald, but I dunno.

I'm not saying he's a liar, but on the balance of probability, surely he would have been allowed to move on in either of the transfer windows.

I suggest he didn’t have ‘the opportunity’ to leave as no other club would match his wages.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:23 am

part time pete wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:Interesting, he mentions he didn't have an opportunity to leave? How so? From what I could tell he had 2 transfer windows to move clubs. We got rid on the last day of the second one. Or am I missing something? I can't see Radford sanctioning someone a decent wage (Paul Anderson isn't exactly a cheap player, with his cv) to rot in the reserves.

I suggest he didn’t have ‘the opportunity’ to leave as no other club would match his wages.

That Pete fits in with a conversation I had with a now ex employee.
He told me Swindon had offered Anderson a deal on 1k a week but he turned it down to sit tight on whatever we were paying him??
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:33 am

On there he said he didn't have to opportunity to leave. He didn't say that was us blocking it or him refusing terms from another club. My money is on the latter and not the former.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:38 am

Why would you take a drastic pay cut? If he got offered a little less elsewhere it would make sense. I'm probably edging on to DF side with this, from what we know obviously but it's likely both bare some blame for handling it poorly.

Let's not pretend he's rubbish either, he's a decent L2 player but was clearly not good value to money for Mansfield.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:22 am

The problem is he thinks he is better than he is, Plymouth took a flyer on him but soon dumped him .
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:24 am

The history books are full of ex-players that could have been ‘someone’. Sadly this has ended with Paul being remembered more for his exit than his exhibitions on the pitch.

So long and thanks for the memories.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:51 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
part time pete wrote:

That Pete fits in with a conversation I had with a now ex employee.
He told me Swindon had offered Anderson a deal on 1k a week but he turned it down to sit tight on whatever we were paying him??

£3,750 per week apparently.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby tuopolfpilf » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:53 pm

They wanted to pay the 1k Pw with stags paying rest but stags refused deal
tuopolfpilf
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum