{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

out his depth

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: out his depth

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:14 pm

You’re missing the point. My issues is not whether you buy a season ticket or not, that’s your choice. I just can’t fathom how the personnel at the club can be a factor in your decision to buy one. But that’s your prerogative.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:18 pm

What's all this 'the players don't look interested under Dempster'. They haven't looked interested since the County game in February, so there's nothing new there is there.

Still let's blame it on Dempster anyway.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby tuopolfpilf » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:26 pm

[quote="Sandy Pate Best Stag"]What's all this 'the players don't look interested under Dempster'. They haven't looked interested since the County game in February, so there's nothing new there is there.

Still let's blame it on Dempster anyway.[/quot

And ....... He is payed to manage the player's, to get the best out of the players available.. .
Is he doing this?
tuopolfpilf
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Grendon Stag » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:57 pm

The One wrote:Kept my counsel on whats been going on until now.

Said pre season that things appeared flat and no mojo with the team fans, Maynard fanfare signing excepted.

The departure of DF was a surprise though the appointment of JD an even bigger one, one I found uninspiring.

A rookie manager was imo a gamble and to date is a disaster, results, discipline and the general feel for the club.

Do not get the give him 12 games stuff, thats a quarter of a season. In my view should he fail Saturday then he should clear his desk.

I found his appointment lack lustre, to the point I did not bother with a season ticket, pleased I didn't.

So you are surprised that DF was sacked yet a bloke with a better record in his 1st 7 games than Flitcroft had in his last 7 games you believe should clear his desk?
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bigalstag » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:12 pm

Yep, quicker the better.
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby spainmick » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:39 pm

Good to see that renowned manager and football expert bigalstag Given his honest opinion ..even if he is talking complete raspberrys again
spainmick
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby geoffhill » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:35 am

I get behind the team and manager.Disappointed so far but we have a good squad and I expect Dempster to turn it round.I am a supporter and a season ticket holder.With what John Radford has done he deserves our support.Without him we would most certainly be in a Bury situation.Pretty sure no fan wants that.COYS.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:27 am

I agree Geoff. Let's get behind JD and the team on Saturday and be loud and hostile to the opposition and officials in the Newport style.

Jeering our own players or manager only helps the opposition.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:08 am

We all subscribe to getting behind the team and manager this wknd but clearly I don't think things are quite right at the club currently, its all a bit flat and tetchy and its possible that the last 2 seasons with being so close we have lost the promotion momentum a bit now and this is difficult to keep maintaining season after season and the poor start has put us all on the back foot a bit.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby old ram stag » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:28 pm

so my original post on this thread on 20th Aug was about demps ht team talk, 18th Sept and it's no better I wish it had worked but it hasn't.
old ram stag
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:31 pm

old ram stag wrote:so my original post on this thread on 20th Aug was about demps ht team talk, 18th Sept and it's no better I wish it had worked but it hasn't.

So, nine pages and 210 posts later you are shouting, ‘I told you so’?
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:35 pm

Has he gone yet??
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby old ram stag » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:43 pm

I think I am Spartacus.
old ram stag
Manager
Manager

Postby garlic » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:46 pm

geoffhill wrote:I get behind the team and manager.Disappointed so far but we have a good squad and I expect Dempster to turn it round.I am a supporter and a season ticket holder.With what John Radford has done he deserves our support.Without him we would most certainly be in a Bury situation.Pretty sure no fan wants that.COYS.

Agree entirely, given just a smidgen of good fortune we wouldnt have lost last night, so lets give Demps the support.
garlic
First Team
First Team

Postby I am Spartacus » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:47 pm

old ram stag wrote:I think I am Spartacus.

Will it be the usual 10 yr cooling off period before you stop reminding everyone?
Last edited by I am Spartacus on Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:54 pm

garlic wrote:
geoffhill wrote:I get behind the team and manager.Disappointed so far but we have a good squad and I expect Dempster to turn it round.I am a supporter and a season ticket holder.With what John Radford has done he deserves our support.Without him we would most certainly be in a Bury situation.Pretty sure no fan wants that.COYS.

Agree entirely, given just a smidgen of good fortune we wouldnt have lost last night, so lets give Demps the support.

Is not not lose the extent of your ambition?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:21 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:
old ram stag wrote:I think I am Spartacus.

Will it be the usual 10 yr cooling off period before you stop reminding everyone?

I think it will Spartacus.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum