{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

JD

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

JD

Postby Norman » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:25 pm

I can understand why Demps was given the chance to be manager after all the money that was paid out on the last 2 with no success . However this was a massive step up for a youth team manager with very little experience of even being a number 2 . It was going to go 2 ways , hit the floor running or massive failure , unfortunately it’s the later and action is needed now sooner than later. He looks like a rabbit trapped in the headlights and hasn’t got a clue what to do next.Also what is Glover bringing to the party? Time to bring Parkinson and Parkin in to sort this mess out!
Last edited by Norman on Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Norman
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: My View On This Mess

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:52 pm

Thought you'd gone on holiday with Bellcheese? :lol: :lol:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Tess Tickle » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:10 pm

Fair point on Glover. Forgot he was here to be fair.
Tess Tickle
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby tuopolfpilf » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:52 pm

Parkin be a good appointment
tuopolfpilf
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby nick_stags » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:55 pm

There is no way JR will sack a manager 6 games into a season.
nick_stags
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:02 pm

nick_stags wrote:There is no way JR will sack a manager 6 games into a season.

depends if he listens to the fans or not. on facebook nearly all the comments are negative or calling for dempsters head.

still early days and things can change, although what we've seen recently hasn't been great to say promotion is the goal.

fans need to stick together and get behind the lads to give them some confidence and encouragement.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:40 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
nick_stags wrote:There is no way JR will sack a manager 6 games into a season.

depends if he listens to the fans or not. on facebook nearly all the comments are negative or calling for dempsters head.

still early days and things can change, although what we've seen recently hasn't been great to say promotion is the goal.

fans need to stick together and get behind the lads to give them some confidence and encouragement.

They listened to the loud minority on FB when they sacked DF .......

I can no longer say for sure what JR will do, I was very surprised when he sacked DF as I thought he got the sacking of Cox and Murray just about spot on. He made a mistake with DF and listened to others, it was out of character and as a result this season is likely to be a rather expensive write off, though I will caveat that by saying we still have some good players and we have 40 games to go, so who knows!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:21 am

Sure Ive read somewhere on here in between all the madness he has 12 games to prove himself
And in those 12 games he needs to be in top 7.
If that's in his contract then I'm happy for us trying him.
He's had bad luck with injuries and maybe he can turn it around.
My only concern is the 3 red cards and the Thursday night fracas.
Don't want to say the words respect or fear but I don't think he has it at the moment.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:51 am

tuopolfpilf wrote:Parkin be a good appointment

Parkin alone would be a disaster. If it was Parkinson as boss with Parkin then fair enough.

JD should be given another six games to show signs he can get it right.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Re: JD

Postby julianshatnasty » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:43 am

Why has the name of this thread changed?
julianshatnasty
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Beano » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:30 am

I’m amazed that some people think an incredibly successful and level headed businessman like John Radford, would make managerial decisions based on the keyboard hammerings of the Facebook massive.
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Grendon Stag » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:39 am

Beano wrote:I’m amazed that some people think an incredibly successful and level headed businessman like John Radford, would make managerial decisions based on the keyboard hammerings of the Facebook massive.

Exactly Beano. The main protagonist is usually quite sensible as well.
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby geoffhill » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:48 am

I think that we should support the management team whoever is in charge.Football is a fickle game where anyone can win a game.We have a good squad who is capable of being at the top end of the table.The manager cannot be at fault for players getting stupid red cards.The defence does not look as solid as last season why I do not know.The midfield looks weak and needs strengthening Tomlinson is not the answer.The strikers are certainly good enough at this level.See what happens in the next 6 games and if we have not picked up at least 9 points then it could be we have to change the management team.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:30 am

geoffhill wrote:I think that we should support the management team whoever is in charge.Football is a fickle game where anyone can win a game.We have a good squad who is capable of being at the top end of the table.The manager cannot be at fault for players getting stupid red cards.The defence does not look as solid as last season why I do not know.The midfield looks weak and needs strengthening Tomlinson is not the answer.The strikers are certainly good enough at this level.See what happens in the next 6 games and if we have not picked up at least 9 points then it could be we have to change the management team.

Makes sense!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:08 am

julianshatnasty wrote:Why has the name of this thread changed?

it was changed by Norman
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby oldweststander » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:22 am

Jr will not be overly influenced by what the supporters say, results, the clubs reputation and the use of his resources will be paramount.

Some on here quote bad luck with injuries etc, there is no such thing, we have 24 or so players and we are told regularly about their combined quality so a few injuries does not turn a top three side into a bottom six side. Others think some players lack physical fitness and are carrying more weight than a pro footballer should, maybe true but when I see young players blowing after 40 minutes and gulping down water, not because it is hot, it makes me think along similar lines.

How about discipline both on and off the field? Players have always had the odd late night out but not ended it in the police station cell's. On the field discipline has been appalling, six games in, three players sent off, outrageous.

Bring in Parkinson and Parkin maybe but I don't believe JR will act in haste. Stories re a 12 game trial do not ring true to me and I'm not sure anyone would accept that challenge.

Suffice to say, I am very disappointed and disillusioned with MTFC, I'm a season ticket holder so I will keep going and hoping but I fear the numbers of those who pay week by week, use the bar, buy the pies and teas will soon start to dwindle.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:48 am

Except it's not injuries to two or three first teamers, the injury list is much larger. Add the unnecessary suspensions through stupid action by players and long term injury list and that 24? man squad is suddenly much smaller. I would go so far as to say we have probably had more first choice players out than available for most of the matches and no team can survive that and expect to be top half even.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby zygon2003 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:57 am

I'm perplexed as to why everyone is angry about DF's dismissal
It was quite clear what his objective was and he was given the funds and the resources (Tyler Walker) to at least come second. He couldn't manage a draw against MK Dons or get past an under resourced Newport side over two legs. Surely you don't think the Radfords should have kept him on and given him even more?

Demps is clearly struggling but we need to show some support over the next few games and hope he turns it round. Making it toxic for him now would be sheer folly. Why would the Radfords remain interested by sacking a manager, paying compensation for another and then funding their transfer window in January for a mid-table finish. Drobe past their house in Retford and can't recall seeing money trees in the garden.
zygon2003
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:59 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Except it's not injuries to two or three first teamers, the injury list is much larger. Add the unnecessary suspensions through stupid action by players and long term injury list and that 24? man squad is suddenly much smaller. I would go so far as to say we have probably had more first choice players out than available for most of the matches and no team can survive that and expect to be top half even.
The team yesterday were more than capable at league two level. They put in an unacceptable performance.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:02 pm

It's performances that count not reputations.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:06 pm

zygon2003 wrote:I'm perplexed as to why everyone is angry about DF's dismissal
It was quite clear what his objective was and he was given the funds and the resources (Tyler Walker) to at least come second. He couldn't manage a draw against MK Dons or get past an under resourced Newport side over two legs. Surely you don't think the Radfords should have kept him on and given him even more?

Demps is clearly struggling but we need to show some support over the next few games and hope he turns it round. Making it toxic for him now would be sheer folly. Why would the Radfords remain interested by sacking a manager, paying compensation for another and then funding their transfer window in January for a mid-table finish. Drobe past their house in Retford and can't recall seeing money trees in the garden.

Fans are more angry about an inexperienced manager being appointed than DF being sacked.

I do think DF should have been kept on and given a budget to replace Walker ( the same budget as JD was given ). The squad didn't need much adding to.

I will always support the manager. Nasty remarks made at games to the manager and players only serve to make matters worse.

Whilst I respect the Radfords I think JR has made two bad decisions. The first was sacking DF the second hiring an inexperienced manager.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby zygon2003 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:10 pm

But Andy, I do contracting and If I don't achieve what is required then I'm let go (not yet happened, luckily!) I totally get your point about appointing an inexperienced manager, but giving DF a similar or inflated budget seems like a reward for failure.

Inexperienced managers can work. Look at Flynn at Newport.
zygon2003
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:29 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
zygon2003 wrote:I'm perplexed as to why everyone is angry about DF's dismissal

Fans are more angry about an inexperienced manager being appointed than DF being sacked.

I do think DF should have been kept on and given a budget to replace Walker ( the same budget as JD was given ). The squad didn't need much adding to.

I will always support the manager. Nasty remarks made at games to the manager and players only serve to make matters worse.

Whilst I respect the Radfords I think JR has made two bad decisions. The first was sacking DF the second hiring an inexperienced manager.

Sacking DF was the right thing to do. He had two seasons in which the first he blew play-offs, the second he blew autos.

I'm sure some would give him 10 seasons blowing automatics before even bringing his position into question because there is an odd love-in for him despite two seasons of heartache with him at the helm. From February onwards starting at Newport the writing was on wall. He had an objective to achieve yet failed and paid the price.

JD was a gamble, he earned and deserved an opportunity to have a crack at the role for that there is no doubt. Had it paid off it would have been seen as a masterstroke however at this stage it currently appears to be spectacularly exploding in front of our eyes through poor leadership, ill discipline and a lack of fitness.

Yes it was worth a gamble, but how long it takes for JR to swallow his pride and admit it's backfired before we lose touch with the early pace setters and who he then brings in will be the telling factor for how our season is likely to pan out.

I'm sure some are already thinking 22nd i'll take that if current form continues just to be safe from the conference (23rd if confirmation only 1 team drops as a result of Bury).
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Kernow » Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:12 pm

Start to blame the squad, they showed the same form at the end of last season. They have let two managers down, blame where blame is due. Why does the Goalkeeping coach seem to have big say on the bench, if can't sort Conrad out what chance has he with the rest. Leave him in the stand on match days.
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:18 pm

Kernow wrote:Start to blame the squad, they showed the same form at the end of last season. They have let two managers down, blame where blame is due. Why does the Goalkeeping coach seem to have big say on the bench, if can't sort Conrad out what chance has he with the rest. Leave him in the stand on match days.
I think that is a fair point.

Maybe the Scottish manager detected some of the players lacked the grit to get them over the line. Perhaps that helped his decision to walk out on us. To this day, I can't understand why he walked away from having another promotion on his CV.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum