{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Bury FC Courtcase

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Bury FC Courtcase

Postby wayno cordiniho » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:15 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Phil Parkinson and Steve Parkin have resigned at Bolton. I'd love to see Steve Parkin back at the Stags one day. I always thought he had unfinished business at Field Mill. He did a great job despite the financial restrictions due to Hasloan.

Yeah get him in as a Director of Football, his contacts in the game now at and around our level must be vast. He’d also be a support for JD as he finds his feet
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:53 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Phil Parkinson and Steve Parkin have resigned at Bolton. I'd love to see Steve Parkin back at the Stags one day. I always thought he had unfinished business at Field Mill. He did a great job despite the financial restrictions due to Hasloan.

Sign them both up ASAFP
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby garlic » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:08 pm

wayno cordiniho wrote:

Yeah get him in as a Director of Football, his contacts in the game now at and around our level must be vast. He’d also be a support for JD as he finds his feet

Very good idea, Steve Parkin gets very little credit for the work he did here.
garlic
First Team
First Team

Postby Captain Cunno » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:25 pm

Have they gone bust yet ?
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:02 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:Have they gone bust yet ?

There is a coffin on door next to chained woman now. Is there a Greggs up there? She must be starving
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby stag861 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:58 am

Comment in todays Guardian regarding why Bolton postponed Tuesdays game:
“Not only that, our argument is written in the context of the Under-18s and Under-23s handbook guidelines which say games should be organised in or around a Saturday morning to ensure there is appropriate recovery time and that a players’ development is not hindered.”
If this is the case why are the under 23s in the Checkatrade trophy playing on Tuesday evenings?
Per crassum et tenues
stag861
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:09 am

Football is embarrassing today. The EFL should be ashamed but then they have UEFA & FIFA above them who are worse.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:24 am

A good analysis of Bury's financial situation by Kieran Maguire

http://priceoffootball.com/category/oth ... ialissues/

Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:28 am

So, a bit like stagsnet at the moment are bury dead, alive or in some sort of limbo?
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:48 am

They seem to think the club has been saved.

It will be interesting what punishment the club gets if they survive.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:22 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:They seem to think the club has been saved.

It will be interesting what punishment the club gets if they survive.

It’s a tough one, they effectively cheated their way to promotion by hiring better players than they could afford but that was due to 1 individual who subsequently held the community to ransom. We’ve been there on the latter and can empathise with the fans but there should be consequences for what’s happened, they have got the points deduction for the financial issues it’s what happens with the missed fixtures that will cause issues for all the other teams in the league.
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby lou c » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:49 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:A good analysis of Bury's financial situation by Kieran Maguire

http://priceoffootball.com/category/oth ... ialissues/

That's hilarious.
lou c
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Bros » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:08 am

If they have survived they have got until Monday to get enough players in to make a team or will the EFL give them more time to get players in! I wouldn't put it past them the way they have bent over backwards for Bury. As I have said before would they have been so lenient if it had been someone like FGR or Fleetwood
Nunc est bibendum
Bros
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:12 am

I think the EFL should bend over backwards for them. If the EFL did their job properly Bury and other teams wouldn’t be in this position. Think about the fans!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:04 am

I think they should now play fixtures with whatever they've got. In real terms it won't make a difference to them as they are doomed anyway. They should also have to pull in all of the back games before Christmas so they don't benefit from the new transfer window.

It may be a little unlucky for teams who have to face them with a new team but you can't legislate for that.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:08 am

It says on the Guardian that they have received a bid from a football analytics company and asked for a further extension of time.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:22 am

Rory Campbell, Alistair Campbell's son, owns a football analytics company and does not look like the type of bloke who has £2.7 million. His company lost around £190,000 last year. He's also been in the background for the last 10 weeks so he's had more than enough time to do a deal. It could still take weeks to finalise the deal and Steve Dale is bound to be asking for more money at some stage. I think Bury have had more than enough time to sort something out. We are now into the 5th league game of the season.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:27 am

garlic wrote:
wayno cordiniho wrote:

Didn't he lumber us with some iffy players before he left ? One was the worse centre half I've ever seen at Field Mill.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:58 am

Amber Andy wrote:
garlic wrote:
wayno cordiniho wrote:

Didn't he lumber us with some iffy players before he left ? One was the worse centre half I've ever seen at Field Mill.

Not sure he was responsible for Mark Lever
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:06 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
garlic wrote:
wayno cordiniho wrote:

Iffy Onuora? ;)
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby jr senior » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:30 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:I think the EFL should bend over backwards for them

If the EFL bend any more they'll break their backs. Whats the point of having rules and, having seen them broken, ignore them being broken.

Fans deserve better, and its the long suffering, often financially fleeced 'joe public' fans who are the losers
jr senior
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:59 pm

Source; BBC Sport

Bury have been given until 17:00 BST on Tuesday to complete a sale that would prevent them from being expelled from the English Football League.

Owner Steve Dale said late on Friday he had agreed a deal to sell Bury to analytics company C&N Sporting Risk.

The League One club had originally been given until 23:59 BST on Friday to prove they could pay off creditors and had funding to complete the season.

The Shakers have not played any of their first six games of the season.

Their first five league matches were suspended by the EFL and they have also been withdrawn from the Carabao Cup.

"The board has considered the evidence presented and has determined, in a final effort to allow the club the opportunity to survive, to grant an extension and work exclusively with the club and C&N Sporting Risk to see if a takeover is possible," EFL executive chair Debbie Jevans said.

"No one wants to see a club lose its place in the league and we will now work with the potential purchasers over the weekend and ahead of the Tuesday deadline in an attempt to find the solutions required for a sale to take place."

Following a meeting by the EFL board on Saturday morning, the league said that no further Bury fixtures would be suspended because of the integrity of the competition and the impact on other clubs in the division.

Although no formal sale of the club has been completed, the EFL said they had received "enough credible information" to allow the club to work over the Bank Holiday weekend to finalise a change of control at the Shakers.
Endeavoring to persevere since 1965 (8-1 home win against QPR)

Seal it, Larson
Son Of Sherwood
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:40 pm

If it had been us we would have wanted the very last possible moment to survive but when you've previously had out cries when a team just plays a weakened side how is it they can get away with not fulfilling 5 fixtures for heavens sake. There has been no penalty or consequence for that. ...the points deduction was already in place
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby frt1987 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:30 pm

I agree. Bury have got off lightly.

If they can get a decent squad together they can play all their games with this decent squad.

No punishment for not fulfilling 5 fixtures at the required time.

Whereas Bolton have been made to play what is practically a youth team in order to fulfill their fixtures and now are in a worse position than Bury having played these games with only one point on the board.
frt1987
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:49 pm

The EFL are now quite rightly threatening to expel Bolton Wanderers. They should never have allowed them to start the season without a takeover deal being signed, sealed and delivered.

https://www.efl.com/news/2019/august/ef ... anderers2/
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum