{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Conrad Logan

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Conrad Logan

Postby oldweststander » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:40 am

Conrad made two good saves in the first half then seemed to fall asleep.
Having said that, I'm not blaming him for the defeat it was a whole team affair from midfield to defence. Rose and Maynard ran themselves into the ground, well done to them but the rest were sadly lacking after 45 mins.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:25 pm

Conker wrote:So is anybody still against the idea of dropping Logan? The people who defended him strongly last week haven’t turned up after last night?

Genuinely interested if any stags fans are left that don’t think Stone is at least worth a shot?

Stone is definitely worth a shot. Looked ok in pre-season and was signed to provide competition for Logan and Bobby.
Also if he does get a game, take note whether or not Logan has a kick about with the subs at half-time. Seems to me he doesn’t warm up like the rest of the lads and Stone does.
Is he excused from this ?
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:55 pm

yellowstagsfan wrote:
Conker wrote:So is anybody still against the idea of dropping Logan? The people who defended him strongly last week haven’t turned up after last night?

Genuinely interested if any stags fans are left that don’t think Stone is at least worth a shot?

Stone is definitely worth a shot. Looked ok in pre-season and was signed to provide competition for Logan and Bobby.
Also if he does get a game, take note whether or not Logan has a kick about with the subs at half-time. Seems to me he doesn’t warm up like the rest of the lads and Stone does.

They're not warming up at half time unless they are told they're coming on, they're killing time. Not much advantage to a goalkeeper doing it.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:46 pm

It would be unfair to put Stone into this side, his confidence could be shot in no time.

By all means give him a try but I don't think it is the answer to our current problems.

It would however get Conrad out of the equation and in a reverse psychology sort of way it might make the defence increase their concentration and offer the GK some protection from free headers, free shots on goal and one on ones.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:57 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
yellowstagsfan wrote:

They're not warming up at half time unless they are told they're coming on, they're killing time. Not much advantage to a goalkeeper doing it.

The condition that Logan is in. It wouldn’t hurt him !
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby 1970Stag » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:20 pm

By all means give Stone a go, but what happens when he makes a mistake? Who goes in nets then? Davies or Cook perhaps? The way the home crowd are if Stone messed up he might never recover, so be careful what you wish for. And I know it's only a warm up, but at Carlisle where the strikers were shooting at Stone, he wasn't saving a great deal ...
1970Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:23 pm

1970Stag wrote:By all means give Stone a go, but what happens when he makes a mistake? Who goes in nets then? Davies or Cook perhaps? The way the home crowd are if Stone messed up he might never recover, so be careful what you wish for. And I know it's only a warm up, but at Carlisle where the strikers were shooting at Stone, he wasn't saving a great deal ...

Soooo you think we should just accept what we got then?
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:25 pm

1970Stag wrote:By all means give Stone a go, but what happens when he makes a mistake? Who goes in nets then? Davies or Cook perhaps? The way the home crowd are if Stone messed up he might never recover, so be careful what you wish for. And I know it's only a warm up, but at Carlisle where the strikers were shooting at Stone, he wasn't saving a great deal ...

A rookie keeper will make the odd mistake that's part of the learning process, but at some point they have to be trusted.

Conrad is an error prone veteran keeper, he's not going to get better at this point in his career.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:12 pm

anyone watching the Preston game? butland showing Logan how it's done!
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:12 pm

If you think Logan is bad, have a look at Jack Butlands mistake tonight against PNE!
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:15 pm

Stoney wrote:If you think Logan is bad, have a look at Jack Butlands mistake tonight against PNE!

he should've saved the first as well!
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:20 pm

Howlers by Jack Butland for both goals. Nathan Jones could soon be out of a job.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:44 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Howlers by Jack Butland for both goals. Nathan Jones could soon be out of a job.

We've got good personnel for a diamond as well!

Phil Parkinson also left Bolton.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:41 pm

He gets plenty of stick on here only right to say well done when he’s done well.

Not the busiest today against the most toothless if forwardlines but down well to a couple of saved and even a few throw outs from his own box too.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:53 pm

He did well today, made a good stop in the first half.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:05 pm

oldweststander wrote:He did well today, made a good stop in the first half.

And still got the bird from a small minority of our fans when he caught or threw out the ball
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:40 pm

adamstag wrote:He gets plenty of stick on here only right to say well done when he’s done well.

Not the busiest today against the most toothless if forwardlines but down well to a couple of saved and even a few throw outs from his own box too.

I was amazed he was in the team at all but credit where credits due....what he did have to deal with he did it well and his distribution was much better today.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Hon Sec » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:38 pm

I watched them with the coach today before the game, and I’m not pulling the young lad Stone down, but Logan’s handling in the warmup was much better.
Hon Sec
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Hon Sec » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:43 pm

I watched them with the coach before the game, and I’m not pulling the young lad Stone down, but Logan’s handling was much better in the warmup.
Hon Sec
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby CassellsCap » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:45 pm

Conrad was solid today. Did his job well. Earned us a point . If he loses a point it’s his fault so today he got one back..well done ..
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:15 am

Fair enough. Buzz done well.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:17 pm

Just watch the You Tube interview with our Goalkeeping Coach. He believes that Conrad Logan is in “terrific form”.

I suppose he knows best?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:33 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:Just watch the You Tube interview with our Goalkeeping Coach. He believes that Conrad Logan is in “terrific form”.

I suppose he knows best?

This from the guy that practices "coming for crosses" drills pre game that Conrad clearly forgets once the game starts !! I'm filled with so much reassurance lol
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby spanishstag » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:42 pm

Just when a cross comes in dont know about him scares me shirtless
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:25 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:Just watch the You Tube interview with our Goalkeeping Coach. He believes that Conrad Logan is in “terrific form”.

I suppose he knows best?

Where’s the vid I can’t find it.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum