{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Conrad Logan

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Conrad Logan

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:51 pm

What got me is when Angol thrashed it across the box (rank bad shot me thought) in the 96th minute they had 2 or 3 players to bundle it in at the far post.

If it had been the other way and CJ blazed it across would we have had men there for a tap in, I think not?
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:55 pm

The trouble is whenever a cross goes in the box the fans worry. Imagine what the defence think? Logan might be ok at shot stopping, and I say ok because he makes routine saves look like worldies due to his lack of agility, but you’d be bricking it every time a soft ball goes in the box. We probably have to stick with him, but boy he’s gonna cost us big time.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:56 pm

did Logan put butter on his gloves at half time ?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby nick_stags » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:00 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:What got me is when Angol thrashed it across the box (rank bad shot me thought) in the 96th minute they had 2 or 3 players to bundle it in at the far post.

If it had been the other way and CJ blazed it across would we have had men there for a tap in, I think not?

Probably. Scoring goals has hardly been an issue so far this season.

Back on topic. Logan is overweight and poor and I'm pretty certain Stone will do a better job.
nick_stags
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:02 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:What got me is when Angol thrashed it across the box (rank bad shot me thought) in the 96th minute they had 2 or 3 players to bundle it in at the far post.

We never bang the door down for late winners, it’s not in our make up. Don’t think we scored a last minute winner all last season? One or two equalisers but can’t recall a winner. Evans sides nicked a few, like him or not he always went for the win late on which is something we have lacked more recently and we should have taken forward from his reign. It’s disappointing that as soon as it went 2-2, you just know we won’t turn the screw, get back on the front foot and get the winner.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:03 pm

It’s hard to gauge how much he’s cost us as he the. Does ridiculous saves like the one against Newport in the playoffs.

In honesty though he’s not improved since he came here, doesn’t come for crosses - which causes chaos in the back line, slow, lumbering and indecisive.

We really need bobby back in goal ASAP
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:13 pm

Should have saved the second, shouldn’t have let the first drop through his fingers.

Four game gone and now directly involved in dropping a potential 4 points :lol:

Keep clapping guys
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:33 pm

He made a mistake for the 2nd goal but why were Orient getting in on goal so much, irrespective of Logan's mistake Orient were getting back into the game, the control we'd arguably had was seriously lacking after 60 minutes or so. But let's not kid ourselves that everything was hunky dory in the first half despite being 2-0 up. Logan, yes Logan made at least 4 decent saves first half.

OK so blame Logan but the problems run deeper than that, we're missing that killer instinct for one, we aren't getting Maynard into the game, and we look mighty fragile at the back.

For the first 10-15 minutes of the 2nd half they were wide open on the left, enter CJ please, as plain as day he could have destroyed them.

Blame Logan if you like but .....
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:36 pm

pemill wrote:He made a mistake for the 2nd goal but why were Orient getting in on goal so much, irrespective of Logan's mistake Orient were getting back into the game, the control we'd arguably had was seriously lacking after 60 minutes or so. But let's not kid ourselves that everything was hunky dory in the first half despite being 2-0 up. Logan, yes Logan made at least 4 decent saves first half.

OK so blame Logan but the problems run deeper than that, we're missing that killer instinct for one, we aren't getting Maynard into the game, and we look mighty fragile at the back.

For the first 10-15 minutes of the 2nd half they were wide open on the left, enter CJ please, as plain as day he could have destroyed them.

Agreed. You have to look to the manager here.
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:36 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:I’d like to a little visual evidence of management fervour in our technical
area

Shhh they like playing statues
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:40 pm

pemill wrote:He made a mistake for the 2nd goal but why were Orient getting in on goal so much, irrespective of Logan's mistake Orient were getting back into the game, the control we'd arguably had was seriously lacking after 60 minutes or so. But let's not kid ourselves that everything was hunky dory in the first half despite being 2-0 up. Logan, yes Logan made at least 4 decent saves first half.

Blaming Logan doesn't mean there aren't other issues.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:05 pm

How can you get Maynard into the game when he's sat on the bench. We sacrificed him , for an 18 year old lad, to try to hang on for the last 25 minutes. Amazing we've come to this after just 4 league games.
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby The One » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:08 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:

Blaming Logan doesn't mean there aren't other issues.

Never had an issue in my life. Had little problems, big problems and bloody big problems. We have bloody big problems.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:29 pm

bigalstag wrote:How can you get Maynard into the game when he's sat on the bench. We sacrificed him , for an 18 year old lad, to try to hang on for the last 25 minutes. Amazing we've come to this after just 4 league games.

Maynard was replaced by CJ with 16 minutes to go. Smith is 20 years old. Maynard was doing nothing.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Nutty Stag » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:10 am

Maynard came off with a knock - he put an ice pack on his left hamstring.
Nutty Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby spanishstag » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:18 am

yorkshire stag wrote:did Logan put butter on his gloves at half time ?

It was probably dripping of his chip butties :lol:
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:21 am

Nutty Stag wrote:Maynard came off with a knock - he put an ice pack on his left hamstring.

He pulled up half way through the first half holding his hamstring but carried on playing. He may have done more damage by doing so.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby NG17_stag » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:39 am

Agreed, much bigger problems at the back (although that might come from having no faith in what’s behind them). That back 5 we had last night should not be conceding 3 goals in a game all season, never mind at home to Orient. We’ve scored 2 goals in every game and won 1 in 5.
NG17_stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:58 am

NG17_stag wrote:

Agreed, much bigger problems at the back (although that might come from having no faith in what’s behind them). That back 5 we had last night should not be conceding 3 goals in a game all season, never mind at home to Orient. We’ve scored 2 goals in every game and won 1 in 5.

A back 5 with 3 midgets in front of them, one a RW apparently, one Tomlinson not good enough and Khan who goes missing.

Kellan Gordon, what's his position? Came on and scored against us up front for Lincoln, they got in all second half easily down that side.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:10 am

Pretty clear there has to be a change in goal for Saaturday . All trust has gone , and I'm not talking about the fans , but the defence. Will Dempster actually be brave enough to do it though ? I doubt it .
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:12 am

It's ok blaming midfield last night but what other options did he have. Bish, Mellis and DD all unavailable. Very harsh on Khan, be worked his arse off last night and was arguably our best player. He certain our most creative player.

Having seen the goals, Conrad was clearly to blame for the 2nd.

Its got to be time now to try Stone. The point has to be made to Conrad that these mistakes dont go unpunished.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:01 am

It’s actually laughable how pathetic we are.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:29 am

There’s a good point made above. I thought Gordon was excellent going forward but seemed to me that most of their threat along the ground was coming down the left hand side. The two goals were scored with Angol getting an easy run down the left and the centre backs playing catch up. I wonder if Gordon was playing too far forward or is too attacking to play wing back.

When we signed him the BBC described him as a winger.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc. ... l/49121538
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby NorthLondonStag » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:29 am

There’s a good point made above. I thought Gordon was excellent going forward but seemed to me that most of their threat along the ground was coming down the left hand side. The two goals were scored with Angol getting an easy run down the left and the centre backs playing catch up. I wonder if Gordon was playing too far forward or is too attacking to play wing back.

When we signed him the BBC report described him as a winger.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby Conker » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:25 am

So is anybody still against the idea of dropping Logan? The people who defended him strongly last week haven’t turned up after last night?

Genuinely interested if any stags fans are left that don’t think Stone is at least worth a shot?
Conker
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum