{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

out his depth

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

out his depth

Postby old ram stag » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:53 pm

what did he say at HT, resign now Demps that was tosh.
old ram stag
Manager
Manager

Re: out his depth

Postby Nottsstag100 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:57 pm

old ram stag wrote:what did he say at HT, resign now Demps that was tosh.

IDIOT!!! :roll:
Nottsstag100
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:59 pm

Jesus. This place is a joke.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:02 pm

bellwhiff wrote:Jesus. This place is a joke.

didn’t go did you ? it shows
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:02 pm

JD is learning, so nights like this are bound to happen.

We were almost there with DF and he should not have been sacked.

That said, he is gone and we've got to give the new manager sufficient time to learn. I hope he is a quick learner because if he isn't it's going to be a disappointing season.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby NG17_stag » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:02 pm

One of the most pathetic things I’ve ever seen. I know we’ve got injuries but that’s no excuse for the whole team to be blowing after 45 minutes, 5 games into the season. They were dreadful first half, looked like a team who were destined for relegation, how did we lose to that?! Just think, they’ve scored 1 goal in 3 league games before today, and yet 3 goals in one half against us. Unreal.
NG17_stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby ST4GS » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:06 pm

You can't legislate for keeper gooseberry ups. It took Klopp a year and a big game final to rectify their weakness when everyone else could spot it months earlier. Wonder what Demps will do? Wait for Bobby to get back maybe?
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:08 pm

ST4GS wrote:

You can't legislate for keeper gooseberry ups. It took Klopp a year and a big game final to rectify their weakness when everyone else could spot it months earlier. Wonder what Demps will do? Wait for Bobby to get back maybe?

Thing is if Stone gets a go in nets and he makes a balls up, everyone will want Logan back in.

It would've helped tonight if we actually had a midfield second half to help the defense out.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:11 pm

You cant legislate for keeper errors. You can for one every other game though by dropping him. Which our useless manager refuses to do. I would feel sad for JD if he did go, however his performance today was so bad I have 0 faith he has the knowledge required to do anything for us.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Norman » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:14 pm

Manager cost us tonight . We were on top for 55 minutes then he told them to sit back. If you think we will surpass last season , then you are deluded! Wonder how long JR will put up with performances like this!
Norman
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Jamie » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:16 pm

2 nil flattered us but we did take control after that. 2nd half we rolled over had our bellies tickled. JD has to shoulder the blame. We weren't up for it 2nd half, we lost confidence on the ball and you could see that coming as soon as they got one. We made a negative substitution and sorry but Smith isn't ready.

Another shocking capitulation from this squad of bottlers.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:22 pm

On top, Logan saved us first half from a couple of headers. We had no idea from start to finish and ended up with what we deserved, nothing.

Hands up who could see the equaliser coming, one man couldn't and did nothing. Reactive not proactive

Anyone else who says Macca is a CM and Tomlinson can be the answer to the quality needed is deluded.

We were out thought, out run, out passed, out jumped, second to every ball and we made Angol look like Pele second half.

Get in the market and get some quality in midfield
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Blackpoolshrimp » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:24 pm

Played 3 at home and conceded 7 goals

What a quality team lol lol
Blackpoolshrimp
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:25 pm

Throughout the second half Orient’s management team were 100% on it. They were interacting with their players and made subs at the right time. By comparison, our technical area was two blokes pretending to be statues.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:26 pm

It depends what your hopes are for the season. If you’re happy to give Dempster a season of experience then leave him in the job. We won’t get relegated.

If you want to be promoted this season, or even make the play-offs, and I assume that was the point in sacking Flitcroft, my thoughts are he’s unlikely to deliver that based on what I’ve seen so far.

He should be given the chance to improve though.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:29 pm

have to agree with woodys last point. bish amassive loss tonight
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:30 pm

Spiritater wrote:have to agree with woodys last point. bish amassive loss tonight

You feeling alright owd lad
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:31 pm

Norman wrote:Manager cost us tonight . We were on top for 55 minutes then he told them to sit back. If you think we will surpass last season , then you are deluded! Wonder how long JR will put up with performances like this!

He’s back. Must have missed your contribution when we won
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:32 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:It depends what your hopes are for the season. If you’re happy to give Dempster a season of experience then leave him in the job. We won’t get relegated.

If you want to be promoted this season, or even make the play-offs, and I assume that was the point in sacking Flitcroft, my thoughts are he’s unlikely to deliver that based on what I’ve seen so far.

He should be given the chance to improve though.

Promotion is the aim and expectation. You dont sack a manager who made the play offs to rebuild for a year or two, especially when you retain most of the team. Dempster said promotion was the target.

I don't think we're fit enough, confident enough and setup as well as we were last year. I said in pre season we'll score goals but leak them too. If we cant tighten up we'll be mid table fodder, win some lose some.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:37 pm

Sat there the whole second half for those three goals to go in.

What happened at half time. Substituting Khan for Smith left us playing with ten men as Smith never got in the game.

Nick Maynard didnt have a great night but on what grounds so far this year did he deserve to come off for CJ who was ineffectual.

Angel never played like that in a million years for us. Good on him. He made our sluggish defender x look amateurish and you had no confidence in our management team to make any difference.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:50 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Norman wrote:Manager cost us tonight . We were on top for 55 minutes then he told them to sit back. If you think we will surpass last season , then you are deluded! Wonder how long JR will put up with performances like this!

He’s back. Must have missed your contribution when we won

He’s probably right though.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby one f in mansfield » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:55 pm

I reckon Khan was told at half time to give everything in the next 20-25 minutes.Then we send CJ on to run at a knackered midfield and defence .Problem was Khan was all over the place and we lost shape and CJ seems to be miss being the gaffers golden boy .
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:58 pm

Give him another 10 games and this will be another season wasted. Does the chairman really want that ? If he does , good luck to him, its his plaything.
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:02 pm

bigalstag wrote:Give him another 10 games and this will be another season wasted. Does the chairman really want that ? If he does , good luck to him, its his plaything.

and what happens if we sack him now and the new bloke does no better?
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:03 pm

With the money the owners have once again invested in the squad, I very much doubt they are touting for a mid table finish.
They deserve so much better. Its very early days still, but one result aside,(against a poor Carlisle side) the signs are not encouraging that they will get a return on their investment. There's not a single one of the management team or playing staff that can come out with any credit after that second half.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum