{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Carlisle scorefred sponsored by Canopy Spotters Club

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Carlisle scorefred sponsored by Canopy Spotters Club

Postby Conker » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:00 am

AlanStag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:That comeback result at Newport looks a great point now. Plymouth couldn’t pick a point up there and other teams will struggle too.

There's an argument we should have won given the missed penalty and sending off. But Dempster doesn't have a clue what he's doing if you'd believe the local experts...


It’s still up for debate if he’s good enough or not, let’s wait and see before jumping the huge either way. Christ.
Conker
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2863
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:17 pm

Re: Carlisle scorefred sponsored by Canopy Spotters Club

Postby AlanStag » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:27 pm

Conker wrote:
AlanStag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:That comeback result at Newport looks a great point now. Plymouth couldn’t pick a point up there and other teams will struggle too.

There's an argument we should have won given the missed penalty and sending off. But Dempster doesn't have a clue what he's doing if you'd believe the local experts...


It’s still up for debate if he’s good enough or not, let’s wait and see before jumping the huge either way. Christ.

Doesn't stop people writing him off already though does it? All I've seen on social media, here and other forums is negativity after two games, you'd be mistaken for people not wanting him to do well.

I agree it's far too early in the season to tell definitively either way so give the bloke a chance.
I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Mansfield 'till I die!
AlanStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1551
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:22 am

Re: Carlisle scorefred sponsored by Canopy Spotters Club

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:53 pm

Conker wrote:
AlanStag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:That comeback result at Newport looks a great point now. Plymouth couldn’t pick a point up there and other teams will struggle too.

There's an argument we should have won given the missed penalty and sending off. But Dempster doesn't have a clue what he's doing if you'd believe the local experts...


It’s still up for debate if he’s good enough or not, let’s wait and see before jumping the huge either way. Christ.

That’s the spirit.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
User avatar
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 14274
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: Carlisle scorefred sponsored by Canopy Spotters Club

Postby MOTG » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:18 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Sneag wrote:
Stags 2002 wrote:Carolyns clearly happy, i can only assume she's deflecting attention away from off field events with that picture though.


Next thing she'll be moaning about sexism in football.


Dunno about that but she has definitely been surgically enhanced.

And that’s a compliment. Love a set of falsies.

Just Loves playing 2 upfront!
MOTG
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 330
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:52 am

Re: Carlisle scorefred sponsored by Canopy Spotters Club

Postby MOTG » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:25 pm

A fantastic result yesterday just when we needed it. Credit to the management team and players.Also not forgetting the ever faithful away following , “Well Done To You All ! “
Really looking forward to the next game on Tuesday. COYS
MOTG
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 330
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:52 am

Re: Carlisle scorefred sponsored by Canopy Spotters Club

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:21 am

Spiritater wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Let's keep a clean sheet and 11 men on the pitch.

Box ticked :D


Tippy Tappy Football wrote:It's the same midfield three that won 4-1 away at Exeter.


Don't I get a box ticked for this one as well Mark :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6609
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Carlisle scorefred sponsored by Canopy Spotters Club

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:35 am

I always enjoy reading Jon Coleman's Carlisle reports and articles. The comments on the Stags are interesting with us being accused of using the Dark Arts or a bit of professional shithousery. I don't mind this as it has worked well for the likes of Derek Adams, Gareth Ainsworth and the Cowleys. Steve Evans, of course, was usually a master at this.

I said last season that David Flitcroft seemed to lack the killer instinct or the necessary tactical nous to get us over the line. Sometimes in sport you need to be a little bit nasty or malicious to succeed otherwise other teams and managers will get the better of you.

"Four days before this defeat, Steven Pressley’s side had made merry on Barnsley’s green acres. The home team tried to play constructively, offered no apparent gamesmanship and were skilfully picked off by the Blues. Then came Mansfield, two levels down from the Tykes. They slowed the game down, hit the turf repeatedly and made Carl Boyeson whistle so often one thought the official was auditioning for One Man and His Dog. It was tactical, it was cunning, it was on the edge of acceptability at times and some way over it at others."

https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/foo ... ch-report/
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6609
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Carlisle scorefred sponsored by Canopy Spotters Club

Postby adamstag » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:51 am

Really impressed and pleased with the performance - even though missed the 2nd goal as went to get a beer :lol:

White looked back to his usual self - it's unreal just how much we've missed him. Great goal for Danny also
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7659
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

Re: Carlisle scorefred sponsored by Canopy Spotters Club

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:46 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I always enjoy reading Jon Coleman's Carlisle reports and articles. The comments on the Stags are interesting with us being accused of using the Dark Arts or a bit of professional shithousery. I don't mind this as it has worked well for the likes of Derek Adams, Gareth Ainsworth and the Cowleys. Steve Evans, of course, was usually a master at this.

I said last season that David Flitcroft seemed to lack the killer instinct or the necessary tactical nous to get us over the line. Sometimes in sport you need to be a little bit nasty or malicious to succeed otherwise other teams and managers will get the better of you.

"Four days before this defeat, Steven Pressley’s side had made merry on Barnsley’s green acres. The home team tried to play constructively, offered no apparent gamesmanship and were skilfully picked off by the Blues. Then came Mansfield, two levels down from the Tykes. They slowed the game down, hit the turf repeatedly and made Carl Boyeson whistle so often one thought the official was auditioning for One Man and His Dog. It was tactical, it was cunning, it was on the edge of acceptability at times and some way over it at others."

https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/foo ... ch-report/



are we really that bad? or was their physical style of play just recognised by the ref and nullified
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5809
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: Carlisle scorefred sponsored by Canopy Spotters Club

Postby georgefostersbeard » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:59 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I always enjoy reading Jon Coleman's Carlisle reports and articles. The comments on the Stags are interesting with us being accused of using the Dark Arts or a bit of professional shithousery. I don't mind this as it has worked well for the likes of Derek Adams, Gareth Ainsworth and the Cowleys. Steve Evans, of course, was usually a master at this.

I said last season that David Flitcroft seemed to lack the killer instinct or the necessary tactical nous to get us over the line. Sometimes in sport you need to be a little bit nasty or malicious to succeed otherwise other teams and managers will get the better of you.

"Four days before this defeat, Steven Pressley’s side had made merry on Barnsley’s green acres. The home team tried to play constructively, offered no apparent gamesmanship and were skilfully picked off by the Blues. Then came Mansfield, two levels down from the Tykes. They slowed the game down, hit the turf repeatedly and made Carl Boyeson whistle so often one thought the official was auditioning for One Man and His Dog. It was tactical, it was cunning, it was on the edge of acceptability at times and some way over it at others."

https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/foo ... ch-report/


I don't remember him being as critical when Carlisle battered us and use gamesmanship to wind up Bishop including the goading which led to the sending off. If he had been, i would take it more seriously.
Tainted Soul says I am great!
User avatar
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2838
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:03 pm

Re: Carlisle scorefred sponsored by Canopy Spotters Club

Postby cassellswasmagic » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:31 pm

adamstag wrote:Really impressed and pleased with the performance - even though missed the 2nd goal as went to get a beer :lol:

White looked back to his usual self - it's unreal just how much we've missed him. Great goal for Danny also

For me losing White cost us promotion. Cracking player.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3311
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: Carlisle scorefred sponsored by Canopy Spotters Club

Postby Conker » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:38 pm

Let’s be realistic it was a big improvement but it was against a toothless Carlisle, other than being clinical the first half was pretty poor generally, plenty of improvement to go that hopefully carries on tomorrow.
Conker
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2863
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:17 pm

Re: Carlisle scorefred sponsored by Canopy Spotters Club

Postby adamstag » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:58 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I always enjoy reading Jon Coleman's Carlisle reports and articles. The comments on the Stags are interesting with us being accused of using the Dark Arts or a bit of professional shithousery. I don't mind this as it has worked well for the likes of Derek Adams, Gareth Ainsworth and the Cowleys. Steve Evans, of course, was usually a master at this.

I said last season that David Flitcroft seemed to lack the killer instinct or the necessary tactical nous to get us over the line. Sometimes in sport you need to be a little bit nasty or malicious to succeed otherwise other teams and managers will get the better of you.

"Four days before this defeat, Steven Pressley’s side had made merry on Barnsley’s green acres. The home team tried to play constructively, offered no apparent gamesmanship and were skilfully picked off by the Blues. Then came Mansfield, two levels down from the Tykes. They slowed the game down, hit the turf repeatedly and made Carl Boyeson whistle so often one thought the official was auditioning for One Man and His Dog. It was tactical, it was cunning, it was on the edge of acceptability at times and some way over it at others."

https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/foo ... ch-report/



are we really that bad? or was their physical style of play just recognised by the ref and nullified


Though I’d be slightly disappointed if it became the theme of the season I’m not averse to using the “dark arts” Lincoln and the Cowleys do it and look where they are
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7659
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

Re: Carlisle scorefred sponsored by Canopy Spotters Club

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:07 pm

adamstag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I always enjoy reading Jon Coleman's Carlisle reports and articles. The comments on the Stags are interesting with us being accused of using the Dark Arts or a bit of professional shithousery. I don't mind this as it has worked well for the likes of Derek Adams, Gareth Ainsworth and the Cowleys. Steve Evans, of course, was usually a master at this.

I said last season that David Flitcroft seemed to lack the killer instinct or the necessary tactical nous to get us over the line. Sometimes in sport you need to be a little bit nasty or malicious to succeed otherwise other teams and managers will get the better of you.

"Four days before this defeat, Steven Pressley’s side had made merry on Barnsley’s green acres. The home team tried to play constructively, offered no apparent gamesmanship and were skilfully picked off by the Blues. Then came Mansfield, two levels down from the Tykes. They slowed the game down, hit the turf repeatedly and made Carl Boyeson whistle so often one thought the official was auditioning for One Man and His Dog. It was tactical, it was cunning, it was on the edge of acceptability at times and some way over it at others."

https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/foo ... ch-report/



are we really that bad? or was their physical style of play just recognised by the ref and nullified


Though I’d be slightly disappointed if it became the theme of the season I’m not averse to using the “dark arts” Lincoln and the Cowleys do it and look where they are



after the last two seasons I couldn't give a hoot what the players do if it meant us getting promotion!
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5809
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: Carlisle scorefred sponsored by Canopy Spotters Club

Postby georgefostersbeard » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:15 pm

I also think that if we continue scoring so well and trying to play good football, we won't end looking like Newport. However, sides like Lincoln and Newport have madr good money from cup runs mugging higher league teams with a bit of street nous and taking chances.
Tainted Soul says I am great!
User avatar
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2838
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:03 pm

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No Breaks Allowed, stagtastic1 and 61 guests