{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stewarding last night

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Stewarding last night

Postby Jamie » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:07 pm

NG17_stag wrote:
DAVE H wrote:I booked 5 tickets for west stand upper block L, when we went to our seats someone was sat in them and refused to move ,they said steward told them it was unreserved seating and you can sit were you want ,when I challenged steward about this he said to sit were we can he cant do anything about it .whats point in choosing your seats in advance may as well say unreserved seating on ticket

5,000 empty seats in the home end... just sit on the next row and stop moaning. Nothing worse than those people who come in 1 minute prior to kick off saying “you’re sat in my seat” when there’s 10 other free seats on the same row.

Nonsense. They forced everyone who had already picked seats right across each tier into the end couple of blocks. There weren't 5000 empty seats available. It was pretty full in the upper tier in every block that was open.

It's also not unreasonable to turn up to a sporting event and find the seats you've paid for actually available. Only in football is it somehow ok not to sit in the seat you buy. Half the fans do as they like and half do as they're told. When you do what the club did on Tuesday you just create unnecessary chaos.

Every steward in the tunnels should have been told to tell everyone coming in that is was now a free for all. Something simple like that would at least help stop people trying to claim their seat. The clubs management prove time and time again they dont give a toss about the fans or actually ever being thoughtful or proactive in doing whats right.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby ironbru » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:15 pm

Jamie wrote:
NG17_stag wrote:
DAVE H wrote:I booked 5 tickets for west stand upper block L, when we went to our seats someone was sat in them and refused to move ,they said steward told them it was unreserved seating and you can sit were you want ,when I challenged steward about this he said to sit were we can he cant do anything about it .whats point in choosing your seats in advance may as well say unreserved seating on ticket

5,000 empty seats in the home end... just sit on the next row and stop moaning. Nothing worse than those people who come in 1 minute prior to kick off saying “you’re sat in my seat” when there’s 10 other free seats on the same row.

Nonsense. They forced everyone who had already picked seats right across each tier into the end couple of blocks. There weren't 5000 empty seats available. It was pretty full in the upper tier in every block that was open.

It's also not unreasonable to turn up to a sporting event and find the seats you've paid for actually available. Only in football is it somehow ok not to sit in the seat you buy. Half the fans do as they like and half do as they're told. When you do what the club did on Tuesday you just create unnecessary chaos.

Every steward in the tunnels should have been told to tell everyone coming in that is was now a free for all. Something simple like that would at least help stop people trying to claim their seat. The clubs management prove time and time again they dont give a toss about the fans or actually ever being thoughtful or proactive in doing whats right.

Whilst the owners are away, they do as they please
ironbru
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby CassellsCap » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:04 pm

:mtfc:
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:20 pm

It’d certainly be nice to see more of the Radfords at games
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby bux46 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:15 pm

I wonder if Mr Broughton found his seat occupied ??
bux46
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby I am Spartacus » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:23 pm

Sadly for the club they missed an excellent opportunity to prove to the SAG, the Local Authority, the EFL and we, the fans, that they have made great strides in righting some of the wrongs in relation to how the supporters are managed.

The club misjudged the number of attendees leading to a stand being closed unnecessarily (Quarry Lane), unacceptably long queues, fans sitting in the wrong seats, a no mans land between the Morecambe Fans and Stags fans the size of which North Korea would be proud of, massive queues at the open kiosks and a loss of a lot of good will.

Whereas they could have used the evening to show to the SAG etc, how well they can judged the mood of their customers and attendees by getting the need for seating areas correctly, manage the seating of the few from Morecambe fans with a greater deal of football intelligence (never heard of Morecambe fans battling with Stags fans or anyone else previously), use the Stewards to interact better, ensuring the correct fans sit in the correct place and more importantly prove to the SAG that they can do things properly and thereby enable the club greater latitude when needed.

Never mind, there is always next Tuesday......
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:04 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:Sadly for the club they missed an excellent opportunity to prove to the SAG, the Local Authority, the EFL and we, the fans, that they have made great strides in righting some of the wrongs in relation to how the supporters are managed.

The club misjudged the number of attendees leading to a stand being closed unnecessarily (Quarry Lane), unacceptably long queues, fans sitting in the wrong seats, a no mans land between the Morecambe Fans and Stags fans the size of which North Korea would be proud of, massive queues at the open kiosks and a loss of a lot of good will.

Whereas they could have used the evening to show to the SAG etc, how well they can judged the mood of their customers and attendees by getting the need for seating areas correctly, manage the seating of the few from Morecambe fans with a greater deal of football intelligence (never heard of Morecambe fans battling with Stags fans or anyone else previously), use the Stewards to interact better, ensuring the correct fans sit in the correct place and more importantly prove to the SAG that they can do things properly and thereby enable the club greater latitude when needed.

Never mind, there is always next Tuesday......

SAG? It’s difficult to beat their level of ineptitude.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby crazystagdad » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:37 am

tis a joke
crazystagdad
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby joethestag » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:45 pm