{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Bury FC Courtcase

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Bury FC Courtcase

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:33 pm

Why do you want Bury to go?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:13 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Statement from Bury FC Staff

We can confirm that today we have received an offer for the sale of Bury Football Club, one that we all at the Club believe is a very good offer. This offer has been conveyed to Steve Dale and we are still waiting to hear from him.
This offer is the only lifeline for the future of the Club and we implore Steve Dale to accept it, as it has the full backing of all of the senior staff at Bury FC.

Why would the offer be put to the staff and not to the owner?
I just see he wants to play one game and he gets the half a million pounds.
I feel the league know this and won't give him the money.
Whose next on the list of failed owners and clubs? Coventry.
Sad days for small and big clubs.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:11 pm

Their game at Rotherham next Tuesday called off now. Turning into a farce, get them gone.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:47 pm

The One wrote:Their game at Rotherham next Tuesday called off now. Turning into a farce, get them gone.

It's not like the FA to dither, duck and dive the big issues :|
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:56 pm

adamstag wrote:
The One wrote:Their game at Rotherham next Tuesday called off now. Turning into a farce, get them gone.

It's not like the FA to dither, duck and dive the big issues :|

As if they'd do anything requiring a decision....I mean 5 postponed games...used to get the book thrown up for not fulfilling one !!
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:42 pm

Looks like they've been given a deadline of 23rd August to sort things out.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby jr senior » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:34 am

EFL v Dale could easily become a long running TV series!
jr senior
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:36 am

jr senior wrote:EFL v Dale could easily become a long running TV series!

Why? Unless he has a daughter called Emma
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby mousemousemouse » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:10 pm

Worth 10 minutes of a watch. What a raspberries show this is for Bury.
mousemousemouse
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Uncle » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:28 pm

What a pathetic recording in respect of the Bury Chairman. The fault from the limited info I have gathered (the talk sport podcast) lies totally with the FA/EFL. They're raking in millions from worldwide sources. Why don't they SIMPLY cut their losses, pay every Bury employee what they are owed by the club and end Bury's membership. That interview was like an adult trying to get answers from a child which makes the whole Bury situation even more pathetic especially from the EFL's controlling of it.
Uncle
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Uncle » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:44 pm

When I said the FA should cut their losses and pay the employees, I meant GIVE the outstanding money as opposed to LOAN which is what I believe Stephen Dawson stated. In the NFL, NBA and MLS etc. Players etc are employed by the clubs, who in turn come under control of the relevant League. Basically the players, through their contracts, are employees of the LEAGUE! and players Unions hold alot of sway with regards to how Leagues allow their players to be treated. ( Ihope that makes sense)
Uncle
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby adamstag » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:00 pm

in fairness to Stephen Dawson why hasn't he contacted the PFA - that's their role in this.

It's not for the FA/EFL to bail out clubs who spend above their means - do it for 1 and the rest would believe they'll be the safety net for all.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Uncle » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:45 pm

The FA will not be bailing out clubs. It will be a last resort decision to make sure the LEAGUES EMPLOYEES get paid. Once all avenues have been exhausted and the League has to step in and pay players, the club loses it's League membership and kicked out.
Uncle
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby NorthLondonStag » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:23 pm

The league doesn’t employ the players. That’s why they won’t bail them out. Sometimes when clubs are in financial difficulties the PFA, as the players union, will pay a proportion of the players’ wages.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby Uncle » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:48 pm

NorthLondonStag wrote:The league doesn’t employ the players.

My post was emphasising the jurisdiction of American sports Leagues with regard to all aspects under their control and their responsibility to the athletes who are ultimately employed by the said league even though the athlete has a contract with an individual club
Uncle
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby adamstag » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:49 pm

NorthLondonStag wrote:The league doesn’t employ the players. That’s why they won’t bail them out. Sometimes when clubs are in financial difficulties the PFA, as the players union, will pay a proportion of the players’ wages.

Exactly, it’s the role of the PFA, has nothing to do with the EFL or FA to get involved.

They rightly have nothing to do with it.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:13 pm

Uncle wrote:
NorthLondonStag wrote:The league doesn’t employ the players.

My post was emphasising the jurisdiction of American sports Leagues with regard to all aspects under their control and their responsibility to the athletes who are ultimately employed by the said league even though the athlete has a contract with an individual club

Fair point, but these leagues have totally different systems. For one they have the complicated draft system which means the players are shared out amongst the teams. Then also at some level they have wage caps.

We got rid of wage caps years ago (Jimmy Hill to thank for that).

More to the point, not only should the FA and the EFL not get involved I suspect they aren’t allowed to get involved. The money they raise can only be used for their specified activities and baling out clubs won’t be one of them.

There is a parallel that could be used in the financial services industry. A levy could be applied to all gate receipts or revenue and could be used to establish a fund that is used to pay employees in this sort of situation.

Remember though that the PFA is paying these wages out of its funds that are raised from players through their union subs so it is sort of the same thing.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:44 pm

The EFL should not give Steve Dale a penny until he has paid the players and staff in full and they have evidence that this has been done. They are football creditors and are entitled to be paid in full. This is what the EFL have been asking him to do. He seems to think it is perfectly acceptable just to get the PFA to loan the players half their wages with a vague promise to pay the PFA back at some point in the future. The bloke is completely deluded. He needs to put £1.6 million into the club as required by the EFL or move over and sell the club. Unfortunately time is running out fast for Bury.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:46 pm

I am now reading that Jill Neville (Gary and Phil's Mum) has now resigned as Club Secretary and said that she will not be returning under the current owner.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:11 pm

As far as I am aware when the current owner purchased the club he had not passed the fit and proper owners test as set out by the EFL. The current owner was not aware of the level of debts due to not having carried out a thorough period of due diligence. This cycle will have to be repeated by whoever is foolish enough to ride to Gigg Lane on a white horse as their Knight in Shining Armour.

If said Knight does appear he will need to throw a hell of a lot of money at the problem in the immediate future or just repeat the whole sorry cycle.

The club is on life support and will soon be put out of its misery.

There is no cure for the way clubs are run or indeed, are allowed to be run. But like good doctors always say, ‘Prevention is better than cure’. Though to prevent a repeat of this sorry situation will take a lot of people and organisations, such as the FA, Premier League, TV companies to come together for the good of the beautiful game. Alas sadly they won’t due to ugly, naked greed and ambition.

Rest in Peace Bury FC
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:31 am

Apparently Steve Dale wants £5 million for Bury having bought it for £1. £2 million to pay the debts under the CVA and £3 million compensation for himself for the time he's spent trying to sort out its finances. He also seems to think that he only took over responsibility for paying wages from the date of the recent CVA. The guy is completely deluded.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:32 am

Accrington Chairman, Andy Holt, rightly rips into the EFL over its many major failures. The EFL needs an Independent Regulator with strong powers to intervene in failing clubs.

"I think the situation is very poor. The EFL have allowed last seasons poison to ruin another season.No way on earth should an administrator start a new season, but if the EFL let them, the least they could do is make sure the club had a squad to complete fixtures. There is no defence for this because the risks were obvious. The EFL took the risk and deserve criticism.

I don’t know whether the wins by Wycombe Wanderers and Tranmere Rovers will affect the ultimate table come May. I do know that there was a dozen teams or so fighting to avoid relegation last season. I also know Accrington's income is down having missed the first home match against Bury. Margins are close in this league. We’d be fined if we played kids. We’d have points deducted if we failed to complete fixtures. The EFL have not even concluded the outcome for Bolton for missing a fixture last season yet. This should have been concluded either way before the start of this season.

We need a cold dose of reality. It isn’t only Bolton and Bury struggling to pay wages. We have worked damned hard to get Accrington on its feet in spite of the regulators. If we go down, losing £750k income, on goal difference to Mark Palios' excellent Tranmere then i’ll be furious. The poison they’ve allowed would have killed us.

The EFL have:
- failed on financial distribution
- failed on financial regulation
- failed as a competition owner
- failed to keep on the shirt tails of the premier league on income leading to Championship sides selling stadia.
- failed to properly consult properly on the Sky TV deal which nearly led to break up of the EFL
- failed supporters by ramming B teams into our competitions.
- failed clubs by allowing and trumpeting bad owners to run club.

Yes it’s a great organisation and does a great job in many instances but it cannot defend itself on the above. For me, they can please themselves now. I have debated and argued these point for years, they don’t listen. They don’t understand how battered their image is.

Clubs are in trouble on their watch. All we have to do is ensure the season can start and finish with 72 teams. We couldn’t even do that. By any measure we have failed. It’s as simple as that."
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:10 am

Andy Holt also said the following in an article in the Daily Telegraph:

"Bury won promotion to League One last season having failed to pay their players’ wages for months on end, which wrongs the clubs who stayed in League Two while trying to do things right."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... es-should/
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:41 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Andy Holt also said the following in an article in the Daily Telegraph:

"Bury won promotion to League One last season having failed to pay their players’ wages for months on end, which wrongs the clubs who stayed in League Two while trying to do things right."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... es-should/

Exactly and that’s the reason why I couldn’t give a monkeys for them. They cheated and WE are the ultimate club who paid for their illegality
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:29 pm

Kick the cheats out now
The One
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum