{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Anyone want David Flitcroft’s phone number, now?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Anyone know David Flitcroft’s phone number?

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:18 am

BigGuy wrote:Cheers bud, at least you have some common sense and can see the implication.

It’s like some fans have waited three years for this to go wrong, the atmosphere has become all too toxic all of a sudden with this start.

Something doesnt look right though.

I think it's a mental hangover from missing out on last season, and we still have a few players who missed out the year before as well. How would we fix this? I havent a clue
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:55 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:
BigGuy wrote:Cheers bud, at least you have some common sense and can see the implication.

It’s like some fans have waited three years for this to go wrong, the atmosphere has become all too toxic all of a sudden with this start.

Something doesnt look right though.

I think it's a mental hangover from missing out on last season, and we still have a few players who missed out the year before as well. How would we fix this? I havent a clue

Having some spunk inside the players before t'ref leads them out to kick off might help.

Anyway (as I wasn't there last night) how did fringe players like OSJ, Smith, Donohue and Cook play, any positives at all?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:02 am

Cook did well. OSJ came off the bench and made an impact. Good goal. Smith alright, Donohue didn't even realise he'd played
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:04 am

Ta
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:47 am

Missed the boat with Darrell Clarke, also some other good managers about...

This league is that crap that a bad start doesn't mean much if you've got a decent side and go on a decent run around Christmas you can do just fine. I think county would of stopped up had Nolan stayed, strengthened in Jan, they could of done quite well.

Too early to call for JDs head... Just need that first win.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby FarnieStag » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:59 am

We have played 2 league matches, one of which was against last season's play-off finalists from which we got a point. The other was admittedly disappointing against a team fancied for the drop but again we got a point. How many matches against poor teams did we fail last season without numerous calls for Flitcroft to go? Yeovil at home and Port Vale away spring to mind straight away.
Two matches... two matches! ... and calls for a sacking. Together with the criticism of Logan it really makes you despair to be a Stags fan. As another poster said on a different thread, in today's climate of awareness of mental health to single out for one player for continual abuse in simply unacceptable.
There seem to be a lot of bullies both on this site and at Field Mill who decided before a ball has even been kicked that they were not going to give Dempster or Logan a chance. Disappointing and shocking. I think if I were Radford I'd seriously consider pulling the plug
FarnieStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:52 pm

Personally think JD's had way too long to prove he's not up to the task. We should adopt a weekly appointment scheme & bin the gaffer in favour of a new one after each loss. Kinda like a managerial winner stays on :P

No disrespect to JD, but (imo) anyone expecting a rookie manager to get results instantly obviously has the same confidence they'll win every Saturday @8.30pm ;)

I have a feeling it'll take JD till at least Xmas to vaguely feel like he's able to orchestrate the team & begin to have enough experience to outwit seasoned managers
Last edited by MutinyOnTheCounty on Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:55 pm

Mmm really?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby AlanStag » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:01 pm

Ridiculous thread, as others have said Flipflop failed twice and was generously given two bites at the cherry.
Backed to the hilt and still came short when it mattered.

We've played 2 games this season, win on Saturday and we're level with where we were last season.
Although as long as we're within touching distance JD can have a roll of the dice, it's about how you perform when the pressure builds in the final run it which will make or break your season.
AlanStag
Manager
Manager

Postby tuopolfpilf » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:02 pm

999 only to be used in emergency
Maybe a Plummer to fix the leaking goals

Need a plaster to heal the wound left by Evan's?

Or someone to check the Cv before employing a manager
tuopolfpilf
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby one f in mansfield » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:14 pm

Win on Saturday and that would be 5 points from 1 home and 2 away games . That is promotion form .

still too early to be panicking .
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:20 pm

AlanStag wrote:Ridiculous thread, as others have said Flipflop failed twice and was generously given two bites at the cherry.

We've played 2 games this season, win on Saturday and we're level with where we were last season.
Although as long as we're within touching distance JD can have a roll of the dice, it's about how you perform when the pressure builds in the final run it which will make or break your season.

But then the minute you say he choked folk chuck their dolly out the pram - some of the wet lettuces you get these days :shock: :lol:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:35 pm

AlanStag wrote:Ridiculous thread, as others have said Flipflop failed twice and was generously given two bites at the cherry.

Yes we did fail, but it was a great season.

This season just doesn't feel the same.

I want JD to succeed and get us promoted ,but I think it's a big ask given his experience.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:36 pm

bigalstag wrote:I'd have Flitcroft back in a heart beat. Even at his worst, he is still an 100% improvement on Dempster. How have we gone from a team that could move from penalty box to penalty box in five passes, to one that needs fifty , just to get past the half way line, in just 3 league game Players, that looked a million dollars last season, looking like there frightened to move forwards, or put two passes together. We've just been out fought and out foot balled, by a side that struggled all last season to stay out of relegation, and have barely had any money to change it this.
Its like we've just leapt back in time two and a half years, to the last miserable bits of the Murray era.

You wanted Flitcroft sacked in May, and now you want him back. Great advice for the chairman. You're not on your own, but for heaven's sake ...
15 May:
Subject: Newport play-off part 2 sponsored by extra-time & penalties

bigalstag wrote:See you David.
Your team didn' t believe in you, if that first half was any measure, and I no longer do.
To keep you on for next season would be rewarding spectacular failure over two seasons. You've had your chance and time to move on and start with a clean slate.
Make your move Mr. Radford, before you regret it again next May.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Chrisuknottm » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:56 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
bigalstag wrote:I'd have Flitcroft back in a heart beat. Even at his worst, he is still an 100% improvement on Dempster. How have we gone from a team that could move from penalty box to penalty box in five passes, to one that needs fifty , just to get past the half way line, in just 3 league game Players, that looked a million dollars last season, looking like there frightened to move forwards, or put two passes together. We've just been out fought and out foot balled, by a side that struggled all last season to stay out of relegation, and have barely had any money to change it this.
Its like we've just leapt back in time two and a half years, to the last miserable bits of the Murray era.

You wanted Flitcroft sacked in May, and now you want him back. Great advice for the chairman. You're not on your own, but for heaven's sake ...
15 May:

Your team didn' t believe in you, if that first half was any measure, and I no longer do.
To keep you on for next season would be rewarding spectacular failure over two seasons. You've had your chance and time to move on and start with a clean slate.

Because Martin none of us thought in a million years that he would be replaced by JD and that since the underwhelming appointment there has been something lacking in the club compared to the buzz of the last two years
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:44 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

15 May:

Because Martin none of us thought in a million years that he would be replaced by JD and that since the underwhelming appointment there has been something lacking in the club compared to the buzz of the last two years

Depends on how you look at it - before Dempster we've already have "a fraud" and a "bottler/choker" - who knows what Dempster might bring.

After his experience with Adam Murray I was somewhat surprised he went for Dempster.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:51 pm

and we are back with the 'in rather bad taste' references to Flitcroft, shame some people can't be educated.

… once again, it has nothing to do with disagreeing with opinions, but the appalling taste in what your context refers to, look up Flitcroft's family history if your still naïve enough, that's if you can read mind.
BigGuy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:54 pm

BigGuy wrote:and we are back with the 'in rather bad taste' references to Flitcroft, shame some people can't be educated.

… once again, it has nothing to do with disagreeing with opinions, but the appalling taste in what your context refers to, look up Flitcroft's family history if your still naïve enough, that's if you can read mind.

:roll:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:11 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

15 May:

back peddling of the highest degree :lol:

in fact, there were calls before for flitcroft to be sacked and JD to be appointed as he was one of us and had done well with the youth team
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:21 pm

This site is turning into a massive big pile of steaming turds....

Martin you need to reign it in pal or or all you're gonna be left with is the spammers and loons.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:23 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:This site is turning into a massive big pile of steaming turds....

Martin you need to reign it in pal or or all you're gonna be left with is the spammers and loons.

and how do you suggest we do that? Other than calling out, for example, people who say Flitcroft should be sacked, then say they want him back?

The whole premise of a message board is to give everyone a say, (providing they don't abuse others etc), and that includes those who, as you point out, post steaming turds :lol:
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby west country stag » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:27 pm

We need things to change asap because we dont want to be catching up on the leading teams .
Im disappointed with our start !
Im up from Penzance for the next 2 home games maybe just maybe bring a change of luck .
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:38 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Captain Cunno wrote:This site is turning into a massive big pile of steaming turds....

and how do you suggest we do that? Other than calling out, for example, people who say Flitcroft should be sacked, then say they want him back?

The whole premise of a message board is to give everyone a say, (providing they don't abuse others etc), and that includes those who, as you point out, post steaming turds :lol:

We also know that Brexit is a load of old steaming turd but we've made our bed now we must lie in it, even if we all know it was a mistake.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:46 pm

Personally i dont know why some are losing their heads ,we haven,t lost a game yet ,ok we havent won one its early doors yet ,last night jd tried a few changes ,we didnt lose till penalties ,think there will be a few changes on saturday ,get that first win and hey ho were on the march :coys:
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:59 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:
We also know that Brexit is a load of old steaming turd but we've made our bed now we must lie in it, even if we all know it was a mistake.

You might be disapointed to know that you don't speak for the majority of the nation. You certainly don't represent me.
BigGuy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum