{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stagsnet report

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby The One » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:48 pm

Rob wrote:
Random Hero wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:your professional analyst says "GK stays on his line ...". He does realise the ball is crossed from the halfway line does he? No goalkeeper is supposed to be on his line when the ball is on the halfway line, so he can't possibly "stay" there. Now there could be an argument to say that the goalkeeper should backtrack once he realises the ball is going to bounce up from bouncing on the edge of the area, but does he have time to do that? I don't think he does. It was 2 seconds from Ellison striking it from the halfway line, to it bouncing on the edge of the area. So he's in a reasonable position. It's a brilliant ball from Ellison, a great header from Alessandra, but Pearce should clear it or at least make it more difficult for Alessandra.

Agreed... he should be on his 6 yard box when the ball is in that position. But when the ball is delivered he comes to claim it, hesitates, and then comes again. The indecisiveness cost us because by that point he was never going to get there, and never going to get back either. If he doesn’t make that initial move, he catches it after the striker heads it, simple as. If he starts to come to claim it he has to go through with it. To do neither one nor the other in the end leaves him at least partly at fault.

Completely agree that Pearce should do better... but to say there is NO blame attributed to Logan in your report is the line I take issue with.

I wonder what the highest level you have kept goal is Random? You clearly are an expert and keeping coach of some high regard - or maybe you are just another one of the losers who slagged off our own players during the game on Saturday? So which is it, keeper expert or absolute loser?

Conversely at what level football manager coach were you ? You were minor ref. Also people say league two goal keepers make errors. Logan is not league two standard, overweight unfit.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:53 pm

The One wrote:
Rob wrote:
Random Hero wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:your professional analyst says "GK stays on his line ...". He does realise the ball is crossed from the halfway line does he? No goalkeeper is supposed to be on his line when the ball is on the halfway line, so he can't possibly "stay" there. Now there could be an argument to say that the goalkeeper should backtrack once he realises the ball is going to bounce up from bouncing on the edge of the area, but does he have time to do that? I don't think he does. It was 2 seconds from Ellison striking it from the halfway line, to it bouncing on the edge of the area. So he's in a reasonable position. It's a brilliant ball from Ellison, a great header from Alessandra, but Pearce should clear it or at least make it more difficult for Alessandra.

Agreed... he should be on his 6 yard box when the ball is in that position. But when the ball is delivered he comes to claim it, hesitates, and then comes again. The indecisiveness cost us because by that point he was never going to get there, and never going to get back either. If he doesn’t make that initial move, he catches it after the striker heads it, simple as. If he starts to come to claim it he has to go through with it. To do neither one nor the other in the end leaves him at least partly at fault.

Completely agree that Pearce should do better... but to say there is NO blame attributed to Logan in your report is the line I take issue with.

I wonder what the highest level you have kept goal is Random? You clearly are an expert and keeping coach of some high regard - or maybe you are just another one of the losers who slagged off our own players during the game on Saturday? So which is it, keeper expert or absolute loser?

Conversely at what level football manager coach were you ?

I'm not the one passing technical critique on professional footballers. As I said, fat nobodys slagging off our player, its pathetic. You may well think it helps, if so, you are stupid.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:54 pm

Rob wrote:
The One wrote:
Rob wrote:
Random Hero wrote:

Conversely at what level football manager coach were you ?

I'm not the one passing technical critique on professional footballers. As I said, fat nobodys slagging off our player, its pathetic. You may well think it helps, if so, you are stupid.

But pass comment on Curle Evans Mr Expert
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:30 am

My comments on those two are just a personal opinion of them as dispicable human beings and absolute garbage managers. I guess you too were slagging off our own players, whatever you think helps, the, er, 1.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:09 am

Rob wrote:I wonder what the highest level you have kept goal is Random? You clearly are an expert and keeping coach of some high regard - or maybe you are just another one of the losers who slagged off our own players during the game on Saturday? So which is it, keeper expert or absolute loser?[

Ah Robert. The same old lines you reel out every time someone has a different opinion of a player or their actions to your own. It’s also cute to see you sticking up for your mate on this one. :D but unfortunately, despite the personal abuse in your second message (we’ll come onto that), that doesn’t make you, or Martin, right. It’s a weak effort to shut down the argument because you don’t like its content.

Whilst I have once upon a time previously played at a level where people paid to watch, I by no means claim to be an expert. However, I WAS actually playing - I wasn’t running round in my little black kit with a whistle.

I have also worked in the professional game, and I am fortunate enough to personally know professional analysts still working in football. I’m all for you not taking my opinion on board (as you say, I’m no expert) but I think I’ll take the analysis of this guy over yours. Ironically, you haven’t actually offered your opinion - you’ve just called me out for not being a professional goalkeeper and for being a ‘fat nobody’...

And on that final point. Now I’m sure you feel you’re a fine, bronze, sculpted statue - I’m also sure you probably did a few pull ups and a couple of jogs during your time with the RAF - but I’m willing to stake serious money on it that I am currently in better shape than you. As for ‘nobody’... perhaps with that one you’re just holding up a mirror to your own insecurities.

Have a great day.
Last edited by Random Hero on Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:37 am

Breathtaking arrogance.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:55 am

Rob wrote:My comments on those two are just a personal opinion of them as dispicable human beings and absolute garbage managers. I guess you too were slagging off our own players, whatever you think helps, the, er, 1.

Are others not allowed a personal opinion ? I was not slagging him off btw I was 100 miles away.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:59 am

bellwhiff wrote:Breathtaking arrogance.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha

He’s always the same.
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:32 am

Some days it would be worth an entrance fee to read some of this :lol:
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:48 am

IMO its Conrads error.

Yes the defensive line wasnt great but with conrad coming that far off his line when hes never gong to claim the ball on the edge of his 18 yard box hes made the strikers mind up to simply lob him with a cushioned header.

If Conrads back on his line/ in his 6 yard box the strikers either got to hit a first time volley (extremely difficult skill or let the ball run across his body or take a touch which would of given pearce enough time to get into a decent blocking position).

Conrads options where to come rushing out and with it being on the edge of the box was to get his head onto it as if he caught it his overun would of seen him carry the ball out the box or to revert back to his goal line but he did neither got caught in no mans land and made the strikers mind up for him to lob him with a header.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:54 am

I played goalkeeper at amateur level and now spend some of my time coaching junior keepers. Not the highest accolade in the world, but qualifies me a little bit to pass observation on Logan.

He is a decent League 2 keeper. His shot stopping and performance in 1 v 1 situation are both way above average for our division.

His handling and positioning can be questionable though. He often spills balls he shouldn't because he gets his hands in the wrong positions and he often gets caught at the front post when when the ball is coming from a crossing position, which means the back post is left exposed for crosses.

The first goal was not his fault imo. He was stuck on his front post, but that is due to him preparing for a shot. When the player chipped it to the back post he was exposed. Had he been positioned for a shot then the player could have had an easy shot. He can't do both things at once.

I've changed my mind on the second goal. Initially I though he was blameless, but having watched it back I think he shouldn't have been that far of his line. KP was also partly to blame in my opinion for having no idea where the attacker was.
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:07 am

As the team always tell us, 'We win together, we lose together'.

Maybe it's time to move on from this subject as opinion will always be divided and bickering does no good for the club, team or supporters only the opposition.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby yaxhamstag » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:28 am

Re earlier comments on CJ, if he is worth £750k, we should play him in his best position and build the team around him. To do otherwise is just daft.
A careful man tries to dodge the bullets, while a happy man takes a walk
yaxhamstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MTFCMAD » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:31 am

yaxhamstag wrote:Re earlier comments on CJ, if he is worth £750k, we should play him in his best position and build the team around him. To do otherwise is just daft.

Whats his best position ?
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:03 am

MTFCMAD wrote:
yaxhamstag wrote:Re earlier comments on CJ, if he is worth £750k, we should play him in his best position and build the team around him. To do otherwise is just daft.

Whats his best position ?

It certainly is an interesting one.

He could be:

A LWB who can't tackle and doesn't track back very well, but has pace to burn and can get up and down well

A RWB with no right foot but can cut inside

A winger who can't cross but scares defenders when he runs at them (see above)

A striker who can't finish particularly well but will get occasional goals by getting in behind enough times
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:05 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:As the team always tell us, 'We win together, we lose together'.

Maybe it's time to move on from this subject as opinion will always be divided and bickering does no good for the club, team or supporters only the opposition.

:clap: good call spbs
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:02 pm

The team collectively conceded that goal, mistakes in abundance;
1. CJ giving the ball away cheaply
2. CJ not putting in enough effort to track the 40 year old Ellison, in fact he sort of got there then stopped. All credit to Ellison for recognising to cross early.
3. The defence being too advanced
4. Pearce for not dealing with the cross
5. For not commanding the defence
6. Logan's indecision to come out to stay back
7. Preston for being well out of position
8. Benning for not busting a gut to get back to help Pearce
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:21 pm

We need to look forward now, Saturday has gone. Hopefully the GK, Defence and Midfield sharpen their act up as a unit.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:24 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:As the team always tell us, 'We win together, we lose together'.

As lovely as that clichéd soundbite is, it’s a cold hard fact that some will contribute more to a win or a loss than others.

Conrad Logan has made far too many errors that have directly contributed to us dropping ALOT of points.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum