{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

videos: Morecambe game

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

videos: Morecambe game

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:05 am

Nicky Maynard scores the first goal

Danny Rose scores the second goal
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: videos: Morecambe game

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:10 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:23 pm

Having watched Maynard's goal from that angle, it shows what a natural goal scorer he is. He places himself in just the right position in case the ball comes back off the keeper showing a predictors instinct.

I'm sure he will score at least as many as Tyler Walker did Lat year and is a very adequate replacement. AND he's our own player.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:23 pm

I can be one of Macca's biggest critics but all credit to him with two assists. Nice shot for the first one, superb cross to the back post for the second.

Obviously Danny Rose had an excellent game and actually deserved a chorus of 'Danny Rose' for once. To be honest I didn't expect him to make the starting XI with maynard and Cook coming in but all credit to him and Dempster.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby smulls » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:07 pm

Danny Rose looks much better now than under Flip-flop!!
smulls
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Vice President » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:36 pm

pemill wrote:I can be one of Macca's biggest critics but all credit to him with two assists. Nice shot for the first one, superb cross to the back post for the second.

Obviously Danny Rose had an excellent game and actually deserved a chorus of 'Danny Rose' for once. To be honest I didn't expect him to make the starting XI with maynard and Cook coming in but all credit to him and Dempster.

I am also a big critic of Macca. His shot for the first goal was straight at the keeper - fortunately the keeper parried it into Maynard's path. However, his cross for the 2nd goal was excellent. That was a proper assist and we haven't seen many of them from him over the last 2 years.
That said, I still think that there are far better midfielders and wingers in league 2 - and he wouldn't be in my starting eleven given our current squad.
I'm not a massive fan of Danny Rose either - but he has started this season really well. Well done Danny - keep it up!
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:04 pm

Anybody else think Danny had really muscled up his upper body strength over the summer?

On top of his all round game on Saturday his physique looked really athletic
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Vice President » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:34 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:Anybody else think Danny had really muscled up his upper body strength over the summer?

On top of his all round game on Saturday his physique looked really athletic

Yes - i noticed that too. Danny Rose definitely has a more muscular build this season.
Conversely, KP doesn't seem quite as athletic this season, but maybe i'm imagining it.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:58 pm

Vice President wrote:
pemill wrote:I can be one of Macca's biggest critics but all credit to him with two assists. Nice shot for the first one, superb cross to the back post for the second.

I am also a big critic of Macca. His shot for the first goal was straight at the keeper

It was on target though, progress!
pemill
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum