{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

The Meltdown Thread

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: The Meltdown Thread

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:24 pm

pemill wrote:
Sneag wrote:And a 'Happy Clapper' thread.

Yeah, the clap the opposition supporters for turning up with a 100 or so, absolute joke.
I think this is a Mansfield thing, I don't remember any applause from the Newport fans for us turning up.

there were also quite a few jeers , not everyone clapped.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:15 pm

pemill wrote:
Sneag wrote:And a 'Happy Clapper' thread.

Yeah, the clap the opposition supporters for turning up with a 100 or so, absolute joke.
I think this is a Mansfield thing, I don't remember any applause from the Newport fans for us turning up.

That really winds me up, why clap either home or away attendance, get a grip for gods sake. I clapped Danny Rose, he had a great game, I clapped JD when he came onto the pitch, I clapped Logan at half time when those around us were abusing him - that's what clapping is for, it's about supporting your team, your players, your manager - sadly we have plenty who are too stupid to know what support means.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:42 am

I blame Alan, he's again reverted to the

pause for the clap after the away following. FGS announce the total att first, who really gives a turd how many have travelled :oops:

Seems to me Al's still stuck in a BSP time warp.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:20 am

It's from the conference years. Showing respect to the 8 that travel from barrow or whoever, which was fair enough. However we got so used to doing it we are still doing it now.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:23 pm

Are we consolidating the meltdown here or is there a new thread after every game ?
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:26 pm

I dunno which is more weird, the people who come on every time we are defeated just to have a go or the other lot that come on just to moan at them for doing it.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum