{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stags v Morecambe (L2) - your ratings

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Stags v Morecambe (L2) - your ratings

Postby eggy » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:29 pm

eggy
Manager
Manager

Re: Stags v Morecambe (L2) - your ratings

Postby sunray » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:50 pm

How do we rate Dempster and his management team. My score would be 3

The team looked unfit all through the friendlies and don't look a 100% now. Definately need a new fitness coach.

Team seemed to start the game with no game plan and were over run by Morecombe. The dis-satisfaction with Dempster was starting to show until our first goal saved him. If we start every game the same way better teams would be out of sight.

Is the step up from youth team too big a move and should he have taken the assistant role to a more experianced manager first
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:13 am

sunray wrote:How do we rate Dempster and his management team. My score would be 3

The team looked unfit all through the friendlies and don't look a 100% now. Definately need a new fitness coach.

Team seemed to start the game with no game plan and were over run by Morecombe. The dis-satisfaction with Dempster was starting to show until our first goal saved him. If we start every game the same way better teams would be out of sight.

Is the step up from youth team too big a move and should he have taken the assistant role to a more experianced manager first

It's one thing managing kids who are hoping against hope for a professional contract and so (generally) toe the line and mind their manners especially with a former club player but it's another suddenly having to motivate lead and manage contracted seasoned pro's some of whom might just think where has he come from and what are his credentials. Watch this space regarding " the dressing room" !!
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:40 am

It's laughable to suggest Dempster doesn't have the respect of the players after two games. Most of them have known him for years and you only have to look at their comments on his appointment to know they respect him. The newcomers have signed for him so again you have to believe the respect is also there.

Stop looking for problems that aren't there and letting your imaginations run wild. Get behind them and support the team. I can't see any blatant mistakes by the management team yet only very minor differences on team selection/substations and they know the players much better than me anyway.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:41 am

It's laughable to suggest Dempster doesn't have the respect of the players after two games. Most of them have known him for years and you only have to look at their comments on his appointment to know they respect him. The newcomers have signed for him so again you have to believe the respect is also there.

Stop looking for problems that aren't there and letting your imaginations run wild. Get behind them and support the team. I can't see any blatant mistakes by the management team yet only very minor differences on team selection/substations and they know the players much better than me anyway.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:29 pm

Is it Dempster actually picking the team. Think a large part of the input is from Glover.
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:01 pm

bigalstag wrote:Is it Dempster actually picking the team. Think a large part of the input is from Glover.

I'm sure it will be a joint decision
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby sunray » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:53 pm

The team they picked was good enough had they been fit and concentrating. If they were given a game plan they ignored it in the first half.

The blame is with the fitness and goal keeping coaches both of whom Dempster should sack on Monday morning to stamp his authority on the team.
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneag » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:25 pm

As we've battled back from 0-2 down twice and seen out both games with 10 men fairly comfortably I think the idea that the players aren't physically fit is a load of raspberrys.

Switched off for the first 30 minutes certainly, but they're fit enough.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:38 pm

Sneag wrote:As we've battled back from 0-2 down twice and seen out both games with 10 men fairly comfortably I think the idea that the players aren't physically fit is a load of raspberrys.

Switched off for the first 30 minutes certainly, but they're fit enough.

the problem we've had for a while is being consistent in both halves of the game, and this goes all the way back to Evans era where we'd either have a stinker in the first half and come out like we should in the second or the other way round.

we need to sort out these poor starts to games and I'm sure the players and all the staff recognize this
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:45 pm

I wonder how we get consistency ...mmm, tough one that.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby eggy » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:18 am

Logan 5.29

Gordon 6.69
Preston 4.78
Pearce 6.11
Benning 6.38

Hamilton 5.63
MacDonald 6.19