{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Bishop

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Bishop

Postby kyle b » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:23 pm

Does anyone else think his heads not in the game. Or possibly it’s a season to far for him?
kyle b
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Re: Bishop

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:31 pm

Thought he played better in the second half, he doesn’t have the legs to be part of a 2 man midfield. Looked much better when Khan moved closer.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:32 pm

Dunno, I've only seen him once this season.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:34 pm

Faded towards the end of last season and its continued?... Dempster needs to be brave and drop him if hes not playing well. Ive not been to a game so far this season so I don't really know.

Long way to go but seems like if you play Bishop and Macca together you basically have a passive/ non existent midfield, definitely not good enough for top 3 but it has only been two games so...
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:35 pm

He grew into the game and played well second half. He said himself it can take several games to get fully match fit.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:36 pm

Also Macca set both goals up even if he didn’t sparkle.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:38 pm

Him & Macca both improved 2nd half & Macca's cross for the equaliser was inch perfect.

First half the were both gash.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:39 pm

Sneag wrote:Him & Macca both improved 2nd half & Macca's cross for the equaliser was inch perfect.

First half the were both gash.

Oh aye I totally agree.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:39 pm

kyle b wrote:Does anyone else think his heads not in the game. Or possibly it’s a season to far for him?

Fair question. Bishop hasn't been the same player since he got sent off against Carlisle last season in my opinion.

Would have been good to see Donohue come on shortly after we'd scored to take over from him.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:39 pm

He’s certainly not the same player that I chose as Man of the Season last year.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:48 pm

2 games in......
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:54 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:2 games in......

Always a stupid comment, if you're not on your game and are a passenger, these two games are just as important as the last two!!!
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby NG17_stag » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:59 pm

Admittedly they both played better second half and Macca’s cross for the second goal was sublime. However, they’re not the answer to see out the season and get us promoted. Hopefully Donohue will turn out to be a quality signing and can play well with Mellis. Would still like to see a creative midfielder come in to compete with Mellis also.
NG17_stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:31 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:

Always a stupid comment, if you're not on your game and are a passenger, these two games are just as important as the last two!!!

Wrong. He wasn’t a passenger second half, he actually played well. He’s said himself about the amount of game time to get fully fit. He was better than some of the others. Always a stupid comment back I suppose. D...head.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:53 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:

Wrong. He wasn’t a passenger second half, he actually played well. He’s said himself about the amount of game time to get fully fit. He was better than some of the others. Always a stupid comment back I suppose. D...head.

Reel him in, I've got a whopper
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:03 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:

If I wanted a reply I would have threw you a nut.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:04 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:

If I wanted a reply I would have threw you a nut.

Thrown dear boy
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:07 pm

:lol: Anyway Woodclanger, we agree to disagree and I’m peed off at drawing that game still, so please accept my apology for the inappropriate language towards you mate. Onwards and upwards.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:13 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote::lol: Anyway Woodclanger, we agree to disagree and I’m peed off at drawing that game still, so please accept my apology for the inappropriate language towards you mate. Onwards and upwards.

No apology needed, it's just banter.

We all want us to see us win every game but it's so frustrating to see a different manager doing the same things as the last.
Namely, round pegs in those square holes, shoehorning CJ in and two workhorses in the middle that don't actually stop owt!!!!
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:32 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote::lol: Anyway Woodclanger, we agree to disagree and I’m peed off at drawing that game still, so please accept my apology for the inappropriate language towards you mate. Onwards and upwards.

No apology needed, it's just banter.

We all want us to see us win every game but it's so frustrating to see a different manager doing the same things as the last.
Namely, round pegs in those square holes, shoehorning CJ in and two workhorses in the middle that don't actually stop owt!!!!

Yep.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:08 pm

Bish was shaky first half but came good in the second.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby sunray » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:26 pm

Why just pick on Bishop, most of the team looked ill prepared for the season other than Khan and Rose. CJ, Cook, Logan all are lacking fitness and concentration.

They definately need a new fitness coach and one who gets out at half time to work with the subs instead of sitting in the dressing room. This is a team of mature players not a youth team who are naturally fit. As such they need a proper fitness regime.

Flitcroft at least got them fit.
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneag » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:42 pm

sunray wrote:Why just pick on Bishop, most of the team looked ill prepared for the season other than Khan and Rose. CJ, Cook, Logan all are lacking fitness and concentration.

They definately need a new fitness coach and one who gets out at half time to work with the subs instead of sitting in the dressing room. This is a team of mature players not a youth team who are naturally fit. As such they need a proper fitness regime.

Logan fit? :lol:
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:07 pm

sunray wrote:Why just pick on Bishop, most of the team looked ill prepared for the season other than Khan and Rose. CJ, Cook, Logan all are lacking fitness and concentration.

Why Bishop you ask? Personally don't think Bishop and Macca playing together works. There seems to be a gapping hole in the middle of the park at times and Bishop isn't the engine he once was. Macca doesn't escape criticism but played a big part in both goals today.

This means when Conrad lumps it forward, it comes straight back with no one in the middle to pick it up it puts the defence under increased pressure. The defence has no confidence in the goal keeper (any confidence it had deteriorated in the latter part of last season and has been carried over into the new season). Which is why their form from last season has gone out the window because they are under constant pressure. When we play from the back we are more effective down the flanks.

The forward line has improved so we are scoring, when last season it could have been two 2-0 defeats but for me our problem is the in the middle of the park. I would like to see Donohue given a chance, he was going to come on along with Cook but Rose scored so clearly JD didn't want to change at that point. Prestons Red card made it less likely Donohue would then come on.

He might not be the answer but would like to see how he does when given a chance.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:18 pm

As said last season - The best way to get the most out of bishop of the process of “less is more” play him like Utd did with Scholes towards the end of his career - eg don’t play him Tuesday

Anyone who says his head isn’t with it or he’s not interested needs to give their head a shake
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum