{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Conrad Logan

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Logan

Postby Bol8ngey Stag » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:23 pm

On the highlights you can clearly hear Logan shout

Chief get there!!

Why people are blaming Logan for today is beyond me they had so much time and space in the first half it just wasn’t good for enough
Bol8ngey Stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Stoney » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:23 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Stoney wrote:Bloke in front of me didn't celebrate our first goal either.

'we have been pathetic, I'm not clapping that'

Who needs enemies?

You are kidding me

I wish I was mate. I just laughed at how daft he made himself look and told him so.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:34 pm

Bol8ngey Stag wrote:On the highlights you can clearly hear Logan shout

Chief get there!!

Why people are blaming Logan for today is beyond me they had so much time and space in the first half it just wasn’t good for enough

I’m sorry but have you watched it back?

Come all the way and claim it or stay back to defend the goal. What Logan did was wonder into no mans land giving the striker an easy option to lob him. Embarrassing keeping.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:49 pm

This is peak Stagsnet to be honest. We aren’t allowed to criticise a single player now without someone saying he is ‘giving his all’. :lol:

Lads I’d give my left testicle to play for the Stags and help us win, but that’s means nothing. Conrad Logan is a complete and utter liability. I wish this was a nice game, but it isn’t, and he’s will cost us points once again ... he has to be replaced.
Last edited by Random Hero on Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:53 pm

Chief get there!!

Ahhh that’s fine then. He shouted for Chief to get there, then sprinted out of his goal randomly to claim it and didnt get there either... so it’s Chief’s fault. You’re not even on this planet
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:54 pm

Random Hero wrote:This is peak Stagsnet to be honest. We aren’t allowed to criticise a single player now without someone saying he is ‘giving his all’. :lol:

Lads I’d give my left testicle to play for the Stags and help us win, but that’s means nothing. Conrad Logan is a complete and utter liability. I wish this was a nice game, but it isn’t, and he’s will cost us points once again this season... he has to be replaced.

Replace him with who though? It’s probably too late.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:59 pm

Chief get there!!

Logan came, stepped back, then came out again and was caught in no mans land. If he was wanting Pearce to get there he should have set up as so. Judging when to come and go correctly doesn’t come naturally to him and it’s that indecisiveness that costs us in those moments, nobody watching can feel comfortable when he comes off his line and it will feed in to the back line. Don’t think Pearce could have done anything about it, it was an excellent ball to be fair that took him out the game and went perfectly in to the lads path.

Agree that the first half was far too easy for them and they had a lot of time and space with pretty much the whole side below par.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:04 pm

Pearce couldn’t do a thing. It was Conrad’s ball once he made a move forward. He hesitated and...goal.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby tibby » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:08 pm

As a goalie, you take charge. Simple as that
tibby
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:36 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:Pearce couldn’t do a thing. It was Conrad’s ball once he made a move forward. He hesitated and...goal.

Now that's hilarious. Pearce is a great player but was garbage 1st half and was quite clearly and obviously out of position for the 2nd goal. But to quote a song, haters gotta hate :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:09 pm

I understand why some want to defend him, because he’s wearing the shirt and is trying his best, but ultimately this is a football forum to discuss all things stags, I think it’s in the majority now that Conrad Logan is not good enough, we have more than one weak point currently but he’s the biggest for me.

If you feel like he’s being ‘singled out’ well that’s incorrect, Bish also has a popular thread after his performance today which was dreadful. Difference between them two is Bish was brilliant last season; while Logan was a liability, although certain like ie Pearce, Preston have indeed got away with some criticism.

I don’t agree with the sarcastic cheering from the QLE, but it’s nowt to get worried about, everyone involved can handle it.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:02 am

The main point I think is that the defence doesn't trust him . He regularly makes poor decisions and his weight makes that issue worse . Arguing with his captain and the fans doesn't help . Time to give Stone a chance . We won't get anywhere near the top with a less than bang average keeper whether the 10 in front of him are performing or not .
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:25 am

Pick out one player if you like and blame him for the whole teams poor start to both games, Newport & Morecambe, but I'm looking at the bigger picture - why on earth have we been battered in the opening 20-30 minutes - one thing is for sure it is not just Logan, nor is it because the defence don't have confidence in him. Also for the second goal, why was it that their player was one on one with Logan in the first place, even if he'd stayed back he would still have had a one on one to deal with. To all these people who relish criticising Logan, where exactly were the rest of the defence? - there was only Pearce in the vicinity and the pass had taken him out of the game, no other cover apart from Logan, really?

Some folk tried to blame Logan for our inept performance in the first half against Newport, he did nothing wrong, in fact he kept us in the game at 2-2, he stepped up after Mellis had stupidly got himself sent off, I find it somewhat strange he doesn't get a slagging off thread all to himself, similarly Preston. In both cases had they remained on the pitch we could well have 6 points and be top of the table.

More of a concern for me is, we aren't coming out of the dressing room mentally prepared for a football match, beyond any doubt that is my concern from the first two matches - sorry I'll correct that because that has been consistent with pre-season.
Last edited by pemill on Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:32 am

Rob wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:Pearce couldn’t do a thing. It was Conrad’s ball once he made a move forward. He hesitated and...goal.

Now that's hilarious. Pearce is a great player but was garbage 1st half and was quite clearly and obviously out of position for the 2nd goal. But to quote a song, haters gotta hate :lol:

Rob. Not saying Pearce has no responsibility at all but when the ball comes across Logan has to a) Take the ball and everything else or b) stay back nearer his line. I don’t hate him either just merely pointing out his mistake. Earlier he made a brilliant fingertip save, so must give him credit for that. Unfortunately goalkeepers can’t keep making the big errors. Ask Karius.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:38 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:
Rob wrote:

Rob. Not saying Pearce has no responsibility at all but when the ball comes across Logan has to a) Take the ball and everything else or b) stay back nearer his line. I don’t hate him either just merely pointing out his mistake. Earlier he made a brilliant fingertip save, so must give him credit for that. Unfortunately goalkeepers can’t keep making the big errors. Ask Karius.

You're right Pearce couldn't do a thing about it, even if Logan had stayed on his line, the pass took him completely out of the game. The whole defence was completely awol.

With what was going off in front of him it was a GK's nightmare yesterday, no chance of keeping a clean sheet when opposing players are left completely unmarked / unchallenged and allowed to have shots on goal, put crosses in at will, etc, etc.
Last edited by pemill on Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:39 am

stagsfan6493 wrote:The second goal was Logan’s fault, either come out committed or stay in goal - it’s something you teach to children.

It didn’t warrant the abuse he got though. Especially as half of the stadium decided to clap the disgraceful Preston who not only had a shocker but the threw away any chance of victory.

Sums it up. I wasn’t at the game, but he was at fault. He didn’t deserve abuse for it though and anyone complaining that he had a go back needs to give their head a shake.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag95 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:40 am

The sooner Bobby is back the better.
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:43 am

Stag95 wrote:The sooner Bobby is back the better.

Don't kid yourself it would have made any difference yesterday or at Newport, the defence have got to defend.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:54 am

pemill wrote:
Stag95 wrote:The sooner Bobby is back the better.

Don't kid yourself it would have made any difference yesterday or at Newport, the defence have got to defend.

I agree that our “25 clean sheets” defence was woeful yesterday. However, I feel that their lack of confidence in the keeper was tangible.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:59 am

Conrad was first choice 2 years ago. He was replaced with Olejnik last season, who became number one. Nobody is denying that Olejnik is the better keeper. What are people seriously expecting from a backup goalkeeper in league 2?

Can someone clear something up for me? Conrad should command his back line. He also shouldn't argue with his captain in said back line. Which is it? Has anyone stopped to think that this is why we are shipping goals? Look at their first goal. Pearce and logan left it for each other. Conrad stopped because Pearce was getting to it and Pearce stopped because Logan was getting to it. If Pearce truly doesn't teuse logan he wouldn't have left it for him, he'd have smacked it into row Z. As for the second goal I can't see how it's Logan's fault as such. Look at the space we gave them on their right hand side, look at the amount of Amber shirts just floating in the middle outside the box conrad was expecting a shot at the near post, as was I, the guy was in acres of space 16/17 yards from goal and in the end they floated an excellent cross to the back post. We were a shambles defensively. Our concentration levels are abysmal. A few times I noticed that we occasionally looked surprised when the ball was near us, almost like "where did that come from?" which is a major concern.

I don't think the fix is to just drop the keeper. If the team really don't rate logan then surely they would do all they can to make sure the ball gets nowhere near him? Or am I missing something?
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:03 am

I think thier second goal had a large chunk of luck attached, yes we were lacking but didn't the ball sit up nicely for the lad?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:09 am

gazza1988 wrote:Conrad was first choice 2 years ago. He was replaced with Olejnik last season, who became number one. Nobody is denying that Olejnik is the better keeper. What are people seriously expecting from a backup goalkeeper in league 2?

Can someone clear something up for me? Conrad should command his back line. He also shouldn't argue with his captain in said back line. Which is it? Has anyone stopped to think that this is why we are shipping goals? Look at their first goal. Pearce and logan left it for each other. Conrad stopped because Pearce was getting to it and Pearce stopped because Logan was getting to it. If Pearce truly doesn't teuse logan he wouldn't have left it for him, he'd have smacked it into row Z. As for the second goal I can't see how it's Logan's fault as such. Look at the space we gave them on their right hand side, look at the amount of Amber shirts just floating in the middle outside the box conrad was expecting a shot at the near post, as was I, the guy was in acres of space 16/17 yards from goal and in the end they floated an excellent cross to the back post. We were a shambles defensively. Our concentration levels are abysmal. A few times I noticed that we occasionally looked surprised when the ball was near us, almost like "where did that come from?" which is a major concern.

I don't think the fix is to just drop the keeper. If the team really don't rate logan then surely they would do all they can to make sure the ball gets nowhere near him? Or am I missing something?

Think you have the goals arse about face.

Commanding the box is all about communication & consistency in decision making. The keeper is facing the whole pitch and needs to be telling the defence what is going on behind them.

The defence need to know is the keeper is going to stick or twist on through balls crosses. I can't speak for the defence, but never know what Logan is going to do. Do you?
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:13 am

oldweststander wrote:I think thier second goal had a large chunk of luck attached, yes we were lacking but didn't the ball sit up nicely for the lad?

I disagree, Ellison was given time to place the ball exactly where he wanted to put it. You can forgive logan for thinking he may shoot. He spotted the run from Alessandra, while our defence were deciding what to have for tea. Put in a great ball. No luck involved, just our inability to concentrate for 35-45 minutes in a game.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:15 am

Sneag wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:Conrad was first choice 2 years ago. He was replaced with Olejnik last season, who became number one. Nobody is denying that Olejnik is the better keeper. What are people seriously expecting from a backup goalkeeper in league 2?

Think you have the goals arse about face.

Commanding the box is all about communication & consistency in decision making. The keeper is facing the whole pitch and needs to be telling the defence what is going on behind them.

The defence need to know is the keeper is going to stick or twist on through balls crosses. I can't speak for the defence, but never know what Logan is going to do. Do you?

He did both for the second goal, it was like the okey cokey :roll:

Someone said on another thread said they got lucky as the ball sat up nicely, I agree it sat up nicely for a 6'3" GK who can use his hands sweeping up behind his defenders
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby PRL13 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:39 am

I thought that Olejnik may have been better than Logan 2 years ago, but got shot down. I didn`t blame Logan for either goal, but he was asleep when the ball hit the post. Surely the coaches should be working on his weaknesses and he`s always looked a stone or two overweight. What is the dietician doing?
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum