{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Shrimps scorefred sponsored by ...any ideas?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Shrimps scorefred sponsored by ...any ideas?

Postby Kenwood » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:39 pm

The worrying thing is in two games Dempster has changed the team shape after 30 mins being 2/0 down.

Some would tell you he’s showing he can adapt and is flexible, my worry is he still doesn’t know what system to play and looks a little out his depth
Kenwood
First Team
First Team

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:41 pm

Sneag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:Also and nothing to do with the game but what are the posts for on the aisle seats?

Banging your knees on.

Or head when we go two nil down :lol:
I actually thought it was a good game tbf but not how I imagined it would go!!! Better than Boreham Wood away.......
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:41 pm

Early days for Dempster so hard to be too critical but the substitution of Rose was an odd one. By far our most threatening player. Can't help but feel he would have scored the chance that fell to Cook.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:41 pm

Kenwood wrote:The worrying thing is in two games Dempster has changed the team shape after 30 mins being 2/0 down.

Some would tell you he’s showing he can adapt and is flexible, my worry is he still doesn’t know what system to play and looks a little out his depth

Time will tell. I’m just glad he does change it.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:42 pm

midfield wasn't great today, but both goals came from macdonald, the first was his shot deflected out to Maynard and his cross was superb for rose's header. I would like to see maybe Donohue in there for bish
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:42 pm

The defence was jittery (to say the least) and this was made worse by their clear lack of confidence in Conrad Logan.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:43 pm

Kenwood wrote:The worrying thing is in two games Dempster has changed the team shape after 30 mins being 2/0 down.

Well people moaned about us playing 3-5-2 and we changed to 4-4-2 at Newport.

We now start with 4-4-2 and got totally over run in midfield for thirty mins and reverted back to 3-5-2.

It’s probs best we stick to 3-5-2 when starting then depending on game situation alter to 4-4-2.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:44 pm

Pros and cons from the game really.

Preston’s challenge and the 2nd goal - where both the defence and Logan were at fault were real low points - Logan again proved the complete liability he is, thankfully bobby is coming back soon.

CJ looked poor and bishop looked raspberried.

Still, we’ve proved we can come from behind, we can score, Maynard is decent - his first Touch is unreal.

Onwards
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:45 pm

Look, we missed Mellis, that's all. He's the one who dictates the tempo in the middle and gives us a presence there. He's the one we rely on in transition phases to spread it to CJ. That was what we missed.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:45 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:

We now start with 4-4-2 and got totally over run in midfield for thirty mins and reverted back to 3-5-2.

It’s probs best we stick to 3-5-2 when starting then depending on game situation alter to 4-4-2.

If you’re playing 442 you need somebody in the middle who is truly comfortable on the ball and can’t dictate the tempo of the game. Neither Bishop or Macca can do that.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:50 pm

Surfingstag1 wrote:Unbeaten in 2 !!!!!
COYS!

As daft as it seems, it’s a real plus not to lose both those games. So yes, unbeaten start!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:51 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:

If you’re playing 442 you need somebody in the middle who is truly comfortable on the ball and can’t dictate the tempo of the game. Neither Bishop or Macca can do that.

Two of my favourite players: Macca was all hustle and bustle but with little to show for it. Bishop was off the pace and should have been subbed.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:52 pm

Most improvement was our set pieces. We looked dangerous and put more players into the mix. If we can sort midfield we should have a great season.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby Kenwood » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:54 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:

Agree we were totally over run but surely that would be part of your thought process during the week when planning for the game. It definitely needed changing and he was right to do so even if Mal is never a left sided centre half.

Dempster has just a bigger job convincing the players he can make the step up and chopping and changing systems must make that job more difficult
Kenwood
First Team
First Team

Postby wink68 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:00 pm

Absolutely no presser on the ball when the opposition have it. Everybody stood off their man letting them pass through us. The last two mangers pressured the opposition when they have the ball. Not Dempsters way of playing. Not sure it's right.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:06 pm

Hjeldefan wrote:Some of our fans are ridiculous. Conrad is terrible, no doubt about it, but he at least gives his all. He gets booed and given dogs abuse, then Preston gets himself idiotically sent off with a disgusting challenge and people clap him off!?!
Poor today, midfield really does need something adding to it as Bish and Macca got overrun so often today by a very poor Morecambe side. On a bright note Danny Rose was superb.

Login was atrocious in the first half and we could have been 4 nil down with 3 and a half down to him and his ability to come for the ball. You could see the defence lost faith and eliminated the pass back to him from their options. CJ was so off it in the first half he looked injured so what transformed him.

I have felt from day one that JD would have difficulty taking the team with him and he seemed clueless today....he didn't even think of making any changes until 7o minutes plus and then Danny scored so that scuppered that. Agree with another post that substituting him looked strange especially to bring on Cook who looked like he'd had two Sunday dinners before the game. Dire dire dire.

Positives for me were Gordon Khan and Maynard who ran their hearts out.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Robstag38 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:08 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:
Hjeldefan wrote:Some of our fans are ridiculous. Conrad is terrible, no doubt about it, but he at least gives his all. He gets booed and given dogs abuse, then Preston gets himself idiotically sent off with a disgusting challenge and people clap him off!?!
Poor today, midfield really does need something adding to it as Bish and Macca got overrun so often today by a very poor Morecambe side. On a bright note Danny Rose was superb.

Login was atrocious in the first half and we could have been 4 nil down with 3 and a half down to him and his ability to come for the ball. You could see the defence lost faith and eliminated the pass back to him from their options. CJ was so off it in the first half he looked injured so what transformed him.

I have felt from day one that JD would have difficulty taking the team with him and he seemed clueless today....he didn't even think of making any changes until 7o minutes plus and then Danny scored so that scuppered that. Agree with another post that substituting him looked strange especially to bring on Cook who looked like he'd had two Sunday dinners before the game. Dire dire dire.

Positives for me were Gordon Khan and Maynard who ran their hearts out.

Absolute clown
Robstag38
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby NG17_stag » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:11 pm

ST4GS wrote:Most improvement was our set pieces. We looked dangerous and put more players into the mix. If we can sort midfield we should have a great season.

Completely disagree, looked no different to last season today. It’s getting very boring how we manage to get something on most corners but don’t ever seem to get one on target.
NG17_stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby ClevStag » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:14 pm

Our midfield is comfortably off the pace so far and it’s a real concern. Despite not seeing him play yet, going off the very positive comments made by the Portsmouth fans with regards to Donohue, I think that Mellis and Donohue playing and starting together with another midfielder is our best chance at being successful. I’m hopeful that Donohue can provide the midfield with some much needed balance and quality on the ball, and I think that he should start next Saturday at Carlisle. The midfield play was poor in the last 8 games or so of last season and has started poorly this season. If it doesn’t drastically improve, we won’t be contending for the top 3. Simple.
ClevStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Hjeldefan » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:15 pm

Biggest thing that drives me mad with corners is how we leave nobody up front when the opposition have one. Their first goal today came from a corner we cleared, only for it to come straight back in.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Norman » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:17 pm

Little boy lost that’s what Demps looked like today!
Norman
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:18 pm

Hjeldefan wrote:Biggest thing that drives me mad with corners is how we leave nobody up front when the opposition have one. Their first goal today came from a corner we cleared, only for it to come straight back in.

Successive managers have done it, him, flitcroft, Evans, Murray - it makes NO sense at all.

Same as us kicking off and randomly kicking the ball out for a throw in to the left hand side
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:23 pm

Norman wrote:Little boy lost that’s what Demps looked like today!

In no way, shape or form is this correct and the glee you take from anything negative at our club is becoming very boring
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:26 pm

Norman is clearly a troll, but I think Dempster's inexperience showed today. Bishop and McDonald were poor today - except for McDonalds cross to Rose.

We were massively over run in midfield and he never changed it.

I was also confused at the decision to play Hamilton on the right wing and Khan on the left?
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:32 pm

Khan, The Chief, Danny and Nicky Maynard were great today.
Surprising substitution after the red card. I would have taken C J off as he was very ineffective today
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum