{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Walker to Lincoln

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Walker to Lincoln

Postby yorkstag » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:58 pm

If you’re referring to my post. Let me clarify as you seem to have some difficulty

Grant was ok with us in parts . Sent back by Luton

Tyler was great but he’s not our player

In summary wish Tyler well but really don’t care how he does at Lincoln

Does that help you
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:51 pm

I wasn’t talking about your post.

You shouldn’t be so insecure.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:58 pm

Jamie wrote:The way to impress and get a chance is to perform well on loan. He didn't (after a flying start too) and blew his chance. If it was that Gaz it doesn't show the player in a good light at all.

Personally I think it was more a case of him thinking he'd dominate in L2. He turned up and did just that. But as the games went on and the luck (call it what you like) he had at first started to drain away he got found out.

He thought he could walk it and found out he couldn't but wasnt really prepared to give the extra needed by that point. He probably thought he could do what it wanted and it would work out, like his first few games. Also we were on a run in, every team was up for playing us and this is a competitive league when you're fighting to go up.

Good player but didn't really give us his all. Walker achieved a lot more and put more in but IMO still had more to give effort wise.

I see what you mean. But as you say, it wouldn't paint him in a good light hence he's been sold to Lincoln. I'm sure at the time Luton had a young lad come through and unseated Grant. No point having a loanee from forest if you have your own youngster playing well.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby MOTG » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:45 pm

I was in the company of some Imp season ticket holders last Saturday when we discussed Grant and Walker. Against Accrington the opinions were generally that Grant had a decent game and Walker looked really good. The main talking point was how lazy Akinde is despite scoring a reasonable amount last season albeit almost half in penalties. Also the Imps are not as flush with money as a lot of fans think they are with their success. That’s been mentioned on the forum too I think.
MOTG
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby 88BenM » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:34 pm

MOTG wrote:I was in the company of some Imp season ticket holders last Saturday when we discussed Grant and Walker. Against Accrington the opinions were generally that Grant had a decent game and Walker looked really good. The main talking point was how lazy Akinde is despite scoring a reasonable amount last season albeit almost half in penalties. Also the Imps are not as flush with money as a lot of fans think they are with their success. That’s been mentioned on the forum too I think.

Without being an expert in finance, I think it has got to have something to do with them being at close to full capacity most home games now. From what I can gather, match day revenue is a big portion of the recent success they've enjoyed, they have had a couple of very nice cup runs to balance the books as well. But now they must be running pretty close to the ceiling of income and expenditure with the added wage bill playing in a higher division costs. They're paying some hefty wages.
88BenM
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:11 pm

Danny Cowley said in his press conference that Lincoln have no more money left for transfers or wages. He's hoping to persuade other clubs to let Lincoln have players on loan for free.

"We've got good quality but we've got massive issues in terms of depth.I think you've only got to look at Saturday and I think we were the only team in the Football League who couldn't name a full bench. Obviously we had two 18-year-olds and a 19-year-old as part of those subs so we're certainly short on numbers. Any incomings that do happen between now and August 31 will have to be free. I'm talking about free transfers and free wages. Seriously that's where we're at. We're doing our best to convince clubs at a higher level that this will be a good environment for their players. We certainly can't offer them anything financially. We would like to think we can offer them a pathway to play, we're hoping some of the bigger clubs will see this as a good place to develop players. We're frightfully short - there's no hiding from that - I wake up three or four times a night worrying about it. There's no hiding place we're doing our very best. I congratulate the board for what they're doing because we haven't got any money."
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:41 am

You did well to type all the conference notes up bud
BigGuy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Conker » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:54 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Danny Cowley said in his press conference that Lincoln have no more money left for transfers or wages. He's hoping to persuade other clubs to let Lincoln have players on loan for free.

"We've got good quality but we've got massive issues in terms of depth.I think you've only got to look at Saturday and I think we were the only team in the Football League who couldn't name a full bench. Obviously we had two 18-year-olds and a 19-year-old as part of those subs so we're certainly short on numbers. Any incomings that do happen between now and August 31 will have to be free. I'm talking about free transfers and free wages. Seriously that's where we're at. We're doing our best to convince clubs at a higher level that this will be a good environment for their players. We certainly can't offer them anything financially. We would like to think we can offer them a pathway to play, we're hoping some of the bigger clubs will see this as a good place to develop players. We're frightfully short - there's no hiding from that - I wake up three or four times a night worrying about it. There's no hiding place we're doing our very best. I congratulate the board for what they're doing because we haven't got any money."

The situation at Lincoln is not nearly as bad as Cowley would like you to believe, that being said Lincoln are pretty much maxed out revenue wise and have hit a bit of a ceiling (they require external funding like ourselves)

To be fair considering the absloute fortune he's had the past few years I think he's a bit out of order, plus they have recruited well this summer, you cannot go about signing players like Walker, Grant, etc then moan.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum