{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Sandy Pate Bar

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Sandy Pate Bar

Postby HitchcocksShins » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:55 am

Chander Lear wrote:
HitchcocksShins wrote:Crickets got to be the only sport in the world that is so boring that they made a faster version of it just so it kept people's interests. And the fact that they didn't name the 20:20 as "Quicket" is a travesty

Sitting in an exotic country, on the grass banking, singing along with the barmy army, sun and a few beers.

whats not to love

The cricket part
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby robeyre » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:17 pm

Must be all the above stagsnetters in Sandys today.
I went in to watch the cricket today and they've got tennis on. So thats one custoner lost.
robeyre
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby PEAR CIDER » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:20 pm

I've persuaded a load of work guys to go for a meal in a couple of weeks. so should be a good 15 people.

Just need to convince people its not just a bar at a football ground.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:17 pm

Chander Lear wrote:I've persuaded a load of work guys to go for a meal in a couple of weeks. so should be a good 15 people.

If I was you I'd let them know what you want to eat before you go in because they keep running out of things as the evening goes on, just might stop any disappointment if there's not anything you fancy when you go to order.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:22 am

Dan wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:I've persuaded a load of work guys to go for a meal in a couple of weeks. so should be a good 15 people.

If I was you I'd let them know what you want to eat before you go in because they keep running out of things as the evening goes on, just might stop any disappointment if there's not anything you fancy when you go to order.

will do
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:39 am

Chander Lear wrote:
Dan wrote:

will do

I actually find it reassuring when restaurants “run out” of things. It suggests that they buy some of their ingredients on a daily basis and that the dishes are not just liberated from the freezer before being re-heated.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:44 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:
Dan wrote:

will do

I actually find it reassuring when restaurants “run out” of things. It suggests that they buy some of their ingredients on a daily basis and that the dishes are not just liberated from the freezer before being re-heated.

Doesn’t Ramsay “86” most of his specials on his tv programmes, doesn’t seem to have done him any harm.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby MOTG » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:13 pm

Made a visit to Sandys on Tuesday whilst I was up at the club shop with my wife. We only had drinks but browsed through the menu which looks good with a good variety of choices at reasonable prices to me. My wife and myself thought the transformation of the room etc is very good so well done to the club . Will hopefully eat there in the near future.
MOTG
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby HitchcocksShins » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:28 pm

Wondering how the refurb will affect televised matches, are they not bothering with putting commentary on for them on non stags match days anymore?
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:49 pm

Chander Lear wrote:
HitchcocksShins wrote:Crickets got to be the only sport in the world that is so boring that they made a faster version of it just so it kept people's interests. And the fact that they didn't name the 20:20 as "Quicket" is a travesty

Sitting in an exotic country, on the grass banking, singing along with the barmy army, sun and a few beers.

whats not to love

Cricket's a bit too complicated for some folk :lol:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:50 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:
Dan wrote:

will do

True, but the local wetherspoons to me runs out of stuff all the time :shock: :lol:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum