{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Players impressed with Dempster's calm management style

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Players impressed with Dempster's calm management style

Postby Chadman » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:24 pm

This is as far away as you can get from Steve Evans. And it worked well too. Players liked what they saw of how Dempster handled being 2-0 down at half-time.

https://www.chad.co.uk/sport/football/c ... -1-9921299
Chadman
First Team
First Team

Re: Players impressed with Dempster's calm management style

Postby BigGuy » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:49 pm

Hang on, didnt I read on here that a PA photo man had tweeted somewhere that he had heard Demps going mental at half time.

Which is the fake news story?
BigGuy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Chadman » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:55 pm

Good question. There were definitely harsh words exchanged between players before he eventually went in there so maybe this guy just heard shouting and assumed who it was?
Chadman
First Team
First Team

Postby pemill » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:04 pm

This is not a criticism, merely an observation;

Pre-season games and Newport we've played better 2nd half, you won't always get the luxury of getting into / back into the game 2nd half.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:13 pm

When we've gone 4-4-2....
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby tibby » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:07 pm

It will work to a point. Think of day to day work, a new calm gaffer is great for morale. But eventually folk take liberties. He definitely needs to stamp his mark, and he will learn I am sure. I was given a first manager job at 27 and it was a sharp learning curve
tibby
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby The One » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:19 pm

The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:23 am

It's a good tactic for managers to not go straight in the dressing room and to let the players have a few minutes to let off steam with each other. In the meantime the manager can have a chat with his No 2 to work out why things may not be going to plan and then act accordingly. Sometimes changing one or two players and/or the formation can make a big difference. JD and LG's substitutions and going to four at the back worked really well in the 2nd half and it was nice to see a Plan B pay off.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby nick_stags » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:58 am

I was impressed with JD and LG on Saturday. They obviously had a plan going into the game and weren't too stubborn to recognise it wasn't working.

Saturday will be really interesting, looking forward to seeing the formation and if we attack from the off.
nick_stags
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:23 am

BigGuy wrote:Hang on, didnt I read on here that a PA photo man had tweeted somewhere that he had heard Demps going mental at half time.

Which is the fake news story?

Yep Multiple reports of nothing but loud confrontations coming from the dressing room.. if temps has gone in and calmed It all down for us to then play like that then well done
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:25 pm

So far why I’ve seen from Dempster is that more often than not the starting line-up and/or tactics have not worked for the first third of games. However, he has been able to adapt effectively as a game goes on. I think Lee Glover has played a massive part in that too.

However, he will obviously not want things to continue as they have so far, giving away a third of a game before working out what to do.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum