{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Walker to Lincoln

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Walker to Lincoln

Postby yorkstag » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:54 pm

On a train back from Newport and thought I would have a look at recent threads about today

Why oh why is this relevant ...yesterdays news
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:21 pm

Rob wrote:
Jamie wrote:Cant wish him well for them. He was good for us but no way did he give his all every game. He coasted through a number of games and I always got the feeling he felt he was better than us and obviously knew we were a stepping stone and at times that showed. Once his mate joined he tailed off significantly.

Spot on Jamie. As for Grant, he was utter, utter garbage.

12 in 26 league goals pre-Grant

10 in 18 league goal post-Grant, 20 if you want to include the play-off games.

Don't let the facts get in the way though...

Grant was far from garbage also. Was here half a season and was our third or fourth top scorer.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Rigsby » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:49 pm

I thought Walker was a quality loan last year. Too good for Lg2 but not Championship quality.It will be interesting to see how he does in Lg1.
As for Grant, he was excellent in his first half dozen games, when he scored all his goals, but was fairly ineffective after that and didn't make the starting 11 towards the end of the season.
Rigsby
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Rob » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:27 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Rob wrote:
Jamie wrote:Cant wish him well for them. He was good for us but no way did he give his all every game. He coasted through a number of games and I always got the feeling he felt he was better than us and obviously knew we were a stepping stone and at times that showed. Once his mate joined he tailed off significantly.

Grant was far from garbage also. Was here half a season and was our third or fourth top scorer.

Facts are, we had Walker and Grant, who accoriding to some are superfuickinstars, yet we still failed to win promotion. Grant was rightly dropped for being raspberry. Walker was OK, Grant was bar a couple of games absolute raspberry, if only he spent as much time on his game has he did his hair then he'd have been a better player. Our best players were Pearce and Bishop, proper Mester footballers, not workshywankers.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:34 pm

Tony Lowery, now he was a footballer.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:38 pm

Rob wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Rob wrote:

Facts are, we had Walker and Grant, who accoriding to some are superfuickinstars, yet we still failed to win promotion. Grant was rightly dropped for being raspberry. Walker was OK, Grant was bar a couple of games absolute raspberry, if only he spent as much time on his game has he did his hair then he'd have been a better player. Our best players were Pearce and Bishop, proper Mester footballers, not workshywankers.

This was thanks to your hero.

Without walker we would have been mid table fodder.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:47 pm

stagsfan6493 wrote:
Rob wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Rob wrote:

This was thanks to your hero.

Without walker we would have been mid table fodder.

That's a bit like saying had Walker not missed that penalty we'd have been promoted. I absolutely stand by that I believe we were wrong to get rid of DF, but I am 100% behind JD, 100%. As for Walker, he did OK, he got a lot of chances, missed a lot of chances but scored some good goals, but his work ethic was not even in the same postcode of the likes of Stant, Whitehall and Greenacre - all of whom are in a dffferent league. So OK, no more.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:59 am

I agree completely with Rob’s comment, above.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:16 pm

Rigsby wrote:I thought Walker was a quality loan last year. Too good for Lg2 but not Championship quality.It will be interesting to see how he does in Lg1.
As for Grant, he was excellent in his first half dozen games, when he scored all his goals, but was fairly ineffective after that and didn't make the starting 11 towards the end of the season.

Spot on
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:40 pm

He was never going to come back while we are in league 2.

I wish him well, I don't wish Lincoln well.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby julianshatnasty » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:00 pm

Rob wrote:Tony Lowery, now he was a footballer.

This.
julianshatnasty
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby SINA STAG » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:21 am

Empty seats at Lincoln yesterday have they stopped Kids under 15 n students getting in for free....
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby kaftanimp » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:02 am

SINA STAG wrote:Empty seats at Lincoln yesterday have they stopped Kids under 15 n students getting in for free....

:lol: :lol:

8,668 with only 257 away fans for an opening day fixture while folk are on holiday, i'll take that mate ;) The likes of Sunderland, Peterborough, Rotherham, Portsmouth, Coventry, Ipswich, Doncaster and Bolton will no doubt sell out the away section bolstering the coffers :)

Available Season Tickets SOLD OUT, i'll take that too.

Over 2,000 tickets for our first away game at Rotherham sold already, not bad for a team whose bubble has "burst"

The reason I replied to you SINA was I like your signature mate, you see i've been an Imp for over 40 years through the bad times too, which is why i'm now enjoying the good times and absolutely revelling in the "Love" shown by other supporters ;)

I truly hope you guys are going to follow us on the trail too because it's not half enjoyable I can tell you.

As for Tyler Walker, if it wasn't for an outstanding Accrington Stanley Goalkeeper he'd have bagged at least 2 if not 3 goals. Jorge Grant was full of tricks and stuff but he was very effective and easy on the eye. Time will tell for both of them i'm sure. The real stars were Jack Payne and Joe Morrell who gave us a real positivity in midfield. We won't get relegated this season and anything else is a bonus.
kaftanimp
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby cassellswasmagic » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:14 am

Lincoln will get promoted imo.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:37 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:Lincoln will get promoted imo.

:lol: that’s made my day
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby FarnieStag » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:35 am

Struggling to understand the hatred for Grant. Yes he faded towards the end of the season but so did every other Stags player.
As for Walker, some on here now think he's average despite scoring 20 goals last season. Other teams' fans think we have a low IQ fan base, they may just have a point
FarnieStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby cassellswasmagic » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:38 am

yorkshire stag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:Lincoln will get promoted imo.

:lol: that’s made my day

;)
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:39 am

FarnieStag wrote:Struggling to understand the hatred for Grant. Yes he faded towards the end of the season but so did every other Stags player.
As for Walker, some on here now think he's average despite scoring 20 goals last season. Other teams' fans think we have a low IQ fan base, they may just have a point

All true.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:32 am

Scoring 26 goals and saying he was only ‘ok’ is clearly ridiculous, I don’t understand the resentment that’s clearly clouding judgement. Too emotional.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:34 am

He was far superior to any player we had or have had for at least a decade. Daft comments really and are probably aimed at the move to Lincoln more than anything imo
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:42 pm

Jorge grant is a good player. My theory behind his fading whilst on loan is exactly that. He's on loan. He wanted to play for forest and he excelled on loan and wanted to stay injury free so he can push the first team at forest. Its the only thing I can think of as to why, for us and county, he faded towards the end of his loan spell.

Now he's joined Lincoln permanently he has to impress there to earn a move higher up the pyramid (be that with Lincoln or without) so he's not trying to impress the manager of his parent club anymore.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:08 pm

The way to impress and get a chance is to perform well on loan. He didn't (after a flying start too) and blew his chance. If it was that Gaz it doesn't show the player in a good light at all.

Personally I think it was more a case of him thinking he'd dominate in L2. He turned up and did just that. But as the games went on and the luck (call it what you like) he had at first started to drain away he got found out.

He thought he could walk it and found out he couldn't but wasnt really prepared to give the extra needed by that point. He probably thought he could do what it wanted and it would work out, like his first few games. Also we were on a run in, every team was up for playing us and this is a competitive league when you're fighting to go up.

Good player but didn't really give us his all. Walker achieved a lot more and put more in but IMO still had more to give effort wise.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:34 pm

Jorge Grant and Jack Payne are very unCowley like signings. Are the Cowleys going to change their style of play this season? Is John Akinde now a very expensive Plan B?

I see Rheady scored for Billericay......but it was disallowed. Billericay with Rheady and Alfie Potter still won 1-0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UWXZM4 ... e=youtu.be

Great intro music - Star Roving by Slowdive
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:07 pm

Jorge Grant did well at Notts. I understand he didn't do so well at Luton hence his return.

I thought when he first came to us he looked really good but faded as the going got tougher. He has now dropped from Championship to League One where he needs to prove himself.

As for Tyler - did well last season but scored lots of goals for the first time . Will he do well at Lincoln - well , who knows and who cares.

Wish him well but he's not a Stag
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:22 pm

They’re both so terrible they’ve ended up in League one and we haven’t. Some garbage talked on here.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum